2020-2021 Northeast Ohio (NEOMED)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Absolutely. Without a public ranking this feels more like a lottery system. I'm probably number 450 on the waitlist anyway but it would be nice to know so I can adjust my expectations šŸ˜…
LOl so I'm not the only one feeling like I'm the last one on the list hahaha. I ā¤ļø you

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Honestly, i just need to know if Iā€™m on the top 50 or 100 so I can move on with my life. Anyone else feelin like this? šŸ˜­
Especially seeing the number of people in the NEOMED 2025 Facebook page go up

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Especially seeing the number of people in the NEOMED 2025 Facebook page go up
iā€™m so glad i never monitored that stuff. u never know if thatā€™s just current med students/faculty/etc. especially around this time. thatā€™s a level of neuroticism far and above lol

I just got off the waitlist (I think? No changes on CYMS, no acceptance letter, just a couple e-mails saying my portal deadlines have changed and that I need to submit by deposit)

However, I will be withdrawing so the spot so it can go to one of you

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
So it begins I guess. Wondering if they'll send more today. Here's to hoping...

Reactions: 5 users
I just got off the waitlist (I think? No changes on CYMS, no acceptance letter, just a couple e-mails saying my portal deadlines have changed and that I need to submit by deposit)

However, I will be withdrawing so the spot so it can go to one of you
Are you also OOS and URM?? Thanks for withdrawing early and not holding onto multiple acceptances. We appreciate you

Accepted off the waitlist this morning! First MD admit, feels good. I'll see some of you this Fall! In-state if anyone wants to know.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Happy to see some serious movement with this list, and big ups to everybody taking the big A home today. For us not so lucky, donā€™t lose hope, been in limbo the last two years so yā€™all arenā€™t alone. Hereā€™s to the next big surge šŸ»

• Care
  • Love
Ahh so exciting to see the A's today!!

If any incoming M1s want to chat, feel free to shoot me a message :) there's not many people in the fb group and i'm OOS so would love to get to know some of you before the first day

Members don't see this ad :)
A yesterday off the waitlist! First acceptance. OOS.

Reactions: 10 users
For people who have been accepted off the waitlist, did they call? Iā€™m OOS and received a phone call from Ohio today but didnā€™t have the opportunity to answer, so I expected they would leave a message, but nothing. Really letting the neuroticism get the best of me :)

For people who have been accepted off the waitlist, did they call? Iā€™m OOS and received a phone call from Ohio today but didnā€™t have the opportunity to answer, so I expected they would leave a message, but nothing. Really letting the neuroticism get the best of me :)
No call, just emails for me

Accepted 5/3 off waitlist! First MD acceptance. OOS. See you guys in July!

• Care
  • Love
Accepted off the waitlist on 5/3 as well!! Its my first acceptance I've been so excited i forgot to share here šŸ˜­ OOS. Good luck to everyone and excited to see you in the fall!!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
So, I got sent an email about their early assurance program where you do a masters in anatomical sciences and from that you'd do an early assurance application for the 2021-2022 cycle. AKA this would be a back-up option if I didn't get pulled from the waitlist.

So, I got sent an email about their early assurance program where you do a masters in anatomical sciences and from that you'd do an early assurance application for the 2021-2022 cycle. AKA this would be a back-up option if I didn't get pulled from the waitlist.
I just had my mini-interview for that program last week! Kinda excited with my fingers crossed of course

I just had my mini-interview for that program last week! Kinda excited with my fingers crossed of course
They emailed me twice about it, but I already got accepted into a similar program at OSU and with that I don't have to apply for the early assurance because I already interviewed with the admissions at OSU. I'm not sure if I should email back and tell them that or not because I don't want it to affect me coming off the WL.

They emailed me twice about it, but I already got accepted into a similar program at OSU and with that I don't have to apply for the early assurance because I already interviewed with the admissions at OSU. I'm not sure if I should email back and tell them that or not because I don't want it to affect me coming off the WL.
OSU has a similar program? And I think you should be able to email and just say you're not interested. Their process is separate from the WL I'm sure, and unless you say something egregious I doubt it would have any bearing on WL movement.

Any recent waitlist movement?

• Haha
Thank god itā€™s Friday so we can rest from refreshing emails

Reactions: 6 users
Just got accepted today at 5/24, 3:40 pm, OOS (MA) off the waitlist (510, 3.67)

• Love
me after reading when ppl get off the WL at schools i desperately want to be accepted to
3595D88F-ED54-49AC-800E-E6D7DB81AC84.jpeg

congrats :)

Reactions: 4 users
Just got accepted today at 5/24, 3:40 pm, OOS (MA) off the waitlist (510, 3.67)
Congratulations!!!
Thanks for letting us know. It's been far too quite in here and we needed some excitement

Congratulations!!!
Thanks for letting us know. It's been far too quite in here and we needed some excitement
I'm such a lurker but I couldn't leave anyone hanging when I saw no one else posted - I am sending acceptance vibes everyone's way!

Does anyone know about where accepted students can talk? Iā€™m waiting for my approval for the FB group. Is there a groupme?

Reactions: 1 users
Really hoping for some good news this week. It feels like WL movement here has been slow so far

Reactions: 6 users
Really hoping for some good news this week. It feels like WL movement here has been slow so far
I hear you. The process is not ideal.
Keep your head up. If you can survive the admission process with your sanity intact, (whether you get in or not) you can do anything.
Meanwhile, know that you're not alone in your anguish

Reactions: 7 users
Hi guys. I am a current Neomed student. I live in the village apartments. I am interested in subleasing my unit for the coming year, if anyone is interested, please contact me.

Hi guys. I am a current Neomed student. I live in the village apartments. I am interested in subleasing my unit for the coming year, if anyone is interested, please contact me.
Hey! Is your unit a 1/1?

Any movement or news??
I am so excited for everyone in the upcoming 2 weeks approaching their June 15th deadline!

Just withdrew my acceptance! Hope it goes to one of you soon!

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
withdrew, hope it goes to one of y'all! GL

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
Hey guys, I just got into the MAS program! I was just curious, do most NEOMED students live in the Village?

Hey guys, I just got into the MAS program! I was just curious, do most NEOMED students live in the Village?
Many do but tbh if I went to NEOMED I would look in Stow/Kent for apartments. Rootstown is barren of life and things to do

• Haha
Bummed, haven't seen any WL movement this week