2020-2021 Pennsylvania State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also is anyone low key surprised no one (reportedly) was accepted from Feb/March interviews?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
True but I'm just surprised that they even offered interview dates for those months in general :/
Right. Super messed up. I didn't even apply "late," as I was complete in mid-August which I'd consider on time given the mess last cycle was.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Hey all - I just called admissions and I spoke to a really nice lady who gave some great advice! She said there will probably be no more movement this cycle but stressed that if you are re-applying, don’t feel like you have to be the first application in. She said if you know you are starting a new position in a month, to hold off submitting your application until you start that position so you can put in on your application. Especially because Penn State doesn’t take updates, I think that is really smart! She also said that they don’t do any individual application feedback but recommends to check in with your letter writers to see what feedback they’d have on your application - more clinical hours, volunteer, etc. She also said that if you reapply and already had an interview last cycle, you are in a good spot. Keep up the faith and good luck to everyone in their schools or in the re-application process. We’ll get where we need to be :)

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
I was looking at previous years’ threads and someone mentioned that Penn State accepts students after orientation.. anyone know if this is true?

I was looking at previous years’ threads and someone mentioned that Penn State accepts students after orientation.. anyone know if this is true?
That's what the lady on the phone had said to me, that they take in people even during the first week of classes

How should we officially withdraw from the hold list? I sent an email to the admissions committee, but I haven't received a response.

How should we officially withdraw from the hold list? I sent an email to the admissions committee, but I haven't received a response.
I sent an email and got response the next day. Maybe wait a bit and resend it?

Having trouble finding the date: when is the first week of classes?:oops:
Orientation started today and a 2 week intro course starts the 19th. Actual medical classes begin the first week of August, as I've been told!

Reactions: 1 users
Finally got hit with the post-II rejection. Crazy to think I got my II here almost one whole year ago lol.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users