2020-2021 Nova Southeastern (MD)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
In case yall were wondering if this school prepares you for Step 1, we recently got our average USMLE scores released for the inaugural class:

US average: 231

NSU MD average: 237

we crushed it

Edit: forgot to mention with 100% 1st attempt pass rate

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
In case yall were wondering if this school prepares you for Step 1, we recently got our average USMLE scores released for the inaugural class:

US average: 231

NSU MD average: 237

we crushed it
that's some awesome stuff right there. Before I was worrying if the KPCOM's poor performance would translate to the MD school due to being overlooked by the same institution but it's clearly not.

In their open house tonight, NOVA mentioned that ~100 interviews have gone out thus far.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Still waiting on the VITA invite to come in, I received my II last Thursday at like 7 am so I’m hoping I get the email today. Does anyone have insight into around what time they are usually sent out on Thursdays?

Still waiting on the VITA invite to come in, I received my II last Thursday at like 7 am so I’m hoping I get the email today. Does anyone have insight into around what time they are usually sent out on Thursdays?

I believe they go out at 8AM EST!

Yeah, it's 8AM EST. So you should have gotten it last Thursday. This same issue happened with me for another school before my NSU II, so I had to email that school letting them know I hadn't received it. Turns out there was some sort of glitch and many applicants from that school didn't receive it. I would maybe email NSU letting them know?

I believe they go out at 8AM EST!
Yeah, it's 8AM EST. So you should have gotten it last Thursday. This same issue happened with me for another school before my NSU II, so I had to email that school letting them know I hadn't received it. Turns out there was some sort of glitch and many applicants from that school didn't receive it. I would maybe email NSU letting them know?
Thank you so much, I emailed them about it. Hopefully I won’t have to wait until next Thursday for it to work because this interview is in two weeks

• Care
Congrats on the inteview! When were you accepted?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know when we can expect an A if we interviewed 10/2?

Reactions: 1 user
Any tips/advice for the PBL portion of the interview? And how to possibly prepare?

I just logged into the portal to check on my application status and I saw that they're supposed to update within 3 weeks of paying the application fee? I submitted in August and still haven't heard anything, I also never got an application complete email. not sure if we were supposed to or not but now I'm stressed lol

I just logged into the portal to check on my application status and I saw that they're supposed to update within 3 weeks of paying the application fee? I submitted in August and still haven't heard anything, I also never got an application complete email. not sure if we were supposed to or not but now I'm stressed lol
Lol they definitely haven’t been sticking to that...don’t panic!!

There is a portal for NOVA?

not a portal sorry I meant the payment confirmation email!! did anyone get an app complete email or was it just the payment one?

I never got a complete email but when I emailed them regarding an update, they told me my file was complete and successfully submitted. Hope that helps!

not a portal sorry I meant the payment confirmation email!! did anyone get an app complete email or was it just the payment one?
I would call to check if you application is complete because I got a complete email after paying.

• Wow
You just get an email that says your payment is complete. I got an interview and that’s all I ever received before them emailing me about the II.

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed 10/2. Placed on a waitlist. LM 71. In-state.

Last edited:
  • Care
For people who interviewed, how did you prepare for the PBL portion? Any tips?

how long did it take to receive further details after confirming II? they said they would send more info after receiving my VITA about a week ago but I had already done VITA and haven't heard anything further.

also, any advice on preparing for the PBL part?

On my complete email it says I will "receive a determination on your application within 2-3 weeks of your payment submission". That was on October 6th. Should I reach out to them through email?

On my complete email it says I will "receive a determination on your application within 2-3 weeks of your payment submission". That was on October 6th. Should I reach out to them through email?
No, they’re way backed up and they haven’t been sticking to that at all :)

Go for it, with all the covid mayhem you might be able to get away with it!

Waitlisted, this one hurts

• Care
Waitlisted. hopeful to get off the waitlist though, i know that last year there was a lot of movement.

• Care
Anyone know if they're cool with Pre- II update letters? Been trying to access their website but it's down for me.

Anyone know if they're cool with Pre- II update letters? Been trying to access their website but it's down for me.
I got an II this morning after submitting one like 1-2 weeks ago. App complete late August.