2020-2021 Nova Southeastern (MD)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey everyone, I’m an MS3 here at NSU MD and I’m here to help answer any questions that could be useful to you. Feel free to ask them here or just message me directly if you’d rather keep it off the forum. I’m just here to help. There are a few others that check these threads from time to time, as well as at least a few MS2’s. Hope all is well and you are making it through the long applications. Don’t forget to go enjoy yourself and not sit around waiting for your email to ring every hour!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just realized that their MSAR says they take a maximum of 4 letters, but I just blindly clicked "select all" when filling out my primary and have 5 letters total (one of which hasn't been submitted yet). Tried to go into AMCAS and change that and I can't. Do they just randomly take 4 of the letters or will they bother to ask me which 4 I want to submit?

Just realized that their MSAR says they take a maximum of 4 letters, but I just blindly clicked "select all" when filling out my primary and have 5 letters total (one of which hasn't been submitted yet). Tried to go into AMCAS and change that and I can't. Do they just randomly take 4 of the letters or will they bother to ask me which 4 I want to submit?
I think universally schools will randomly pick or just not ask you

anyone have any idea about what the 25 minute pbl group interaction interview entails exactly?

Reactions: 1 users
For the second prompt, "Please share some personal examples of problem-solving in a team environment and/or leadership experience that would lead to your success in a PBL environment," how bad would it be to first discuss something team-/leadership-oriented that only mildly touches on the PBL bit and then add on by talking about an independent challenge you had that more effectively answers the PBL portion? The independent challenge occurred in the same environment as the team-/leadership- portion so I wouldn't be completely jumping topics.

For the second prompt, "Please share some personal examples of problem-solving in a team environment and/or leadership experience that would lead to your success in a PBL environment," how bad would it be to first discuss something team-/leadership-oriented that only mildly touches on the PBL bit and then add on by talking about an independent challenge you had that more effectively answers the PBL portion? The independent challenge occurred in the same environment as the team-/leadership- portion so I wouldn't be completely jumping topics.

Obviously not on an admissions committee, but I think thats fine! I also wrote about a teamwork / leadership experience and how working together we were able to solve problems step by step / how even if we were wrong it was a beneficial experience!

Obviously not on an admissions committee, but I think thats fine! I also wrote about a teamwork / leadership experience and how working together we were able to solve problems step by step / how even if we were wrong it was a beneficial experience!
Okay, thank you for the feedback! I was just nervous because it was more of a solo instead of team experience that I felt would address the PBL stuff, I didn't want to accidentally not answer the question at all.

Any LSU not get complete email. Also they said determination will be within 2-3 weeks from payment? Seems a bit short no?

Members don't see this ad :)
For those with FAP, when did you get the secondary received email? I'm assuming I haven't gotten it yet bc we don't have to pay the secondary fee?
Did you ever get an email? wondering bec I have FAP and just submitted

Anyone who has interviewed already can speak more about the PBL group interaction interview? Thank you all :))

In state, got a II on 9/10 (VITA+interview day), LizzyM 71
Submitted: 8/17

Hey everyone, I’m an MS3 here at NSU MD and I’m here to help answer any questions that could be useful to you. Feel free to ask them here or just message me directly if you’d rather keep it off the forum. I’m just here to help. There are a few others that check these threads from time to time, as well as at least a few MS2’s. Hope all is well and you are making it through the long applications. Don’t forget to go enjoy yourself and not sit around waiting for your email to ring every hour!
Hi :) how do you feel about the PBL curriculum as opposed to traditional lecture setting? thanks!

Hi :) how do you feel about the PBL curriculum as opposed to traditional lecture setting? thanks!

we have both lecture and PBL/TBL. I personally enjoyed working through cases, and I think they have helped us think in a clinical sense from the get go. Overall, I’m a fan of our implementation of it

Reactions: 1 user
Got an II! OOS, submitted secondary 7/26. LM 70. Really looking forward to interviewing here but definitely iffy on the PBL portion of it. Does anyone have any solid tips?

Last edited:
  • Love
we have both lecture and PBL/TBL. I personally enjoyed working through cases, and I think they have helped us think in a clinical sense from the get go. Overall, I’m a fan of our implementation of it
thank you!! really excited about this school

Any advice for the group/PBL interview? :)

Any advice for the group/PBL interview? :)

Just be yourself and enjoy the experience. See how the idea of PBL fits with you. Although you won’t get the real experience I’m sure until you’re in the thick of MS1, certain people definitely thrive better in PBL and get more out of it.

So does this school not follow their “you will receive a determination on your application within 2-3 weeks”? Submitted secondary awhile ago and still silence

So does this school not follow their “you will receive a determination on your application within 2-3 weeks”? Submitted secondary awhile ago and still silence
Yeah, nope. I was complete 7/16 so either they don't want to interview me and are holding the rejection, or they definitely aren't reviewing that quickly.

Yeah, nope. I was complete 7/16 so either they don't want to interview me and are holding the rejection, or they definitely aren't reviewing that quickly.
+1 complete 8/9 and no updates from their side so way over 2-3 weeks lmao

verified 8/5 and NOVA is one of four schools I have yet to receive a secondary from. Should I contact them or wait 2-3 more weeks? Not sure how long it took most people. LM~76, so I doubt I got screened out.
Hi! sorry, im relatively new here. What is "LM"?

I received an II but still haven't received the VITA invitation from HireVue. Is there something I need to do?

I received an II but still haven't received the VITA invitation from HireVue. Is there something I need to do?
When did you receive your II? If it was last Thursday or after then you should be getting an invite from HireVue this Thursday. But if it was before last Thursday then I would contact HireVue maybe.

When did you receive your II? If it was last Thursday or after then you should be getting an invite from HireVue this Thursday. But if it was before last Thursday then I would contact HireVue maybe.

Oh, got it. I received it last Thursday, 9/17 so I'll just be on the lookout this Thursday, 9/24. Thanks!

Hey everyone!! I have a question about VITA interview thing.. I got the link today but was wondering if it's okay to complete next week? Is there any difference between submitting right away or in couple days?

Hey everyone!! I have a question about VITA interview thing.. I got the link today but was wondering if it's okay to complete next week? Is there any difference between submitting right away or in couple days?
you should be fine. Complete as early as possible while being prepared.

curious if any completed 8/5 or slightly later folks hear anything back ?

People who receive VITA invite, how long after completing it you got a link for the interview?

Could anyone who has interviewed give insight on the day without violating the non-disclosure? Just general vibe insight would be great!

Anyone else that was complete in July but has not heard anything?

Reactions: 4 users
II this morning!!! OOS no ties but I interviewed here last year!

edit: it went to my junk folder so be sure to check that!

Last edited:
Addressing the “underrepresented in medicine” question. How to approach this?

after a very long time I have finally submitted my secondary here lol. Would love to go here tho, only a 15 min drive from me

Hi! I was curious what the interaction with the DO students is like. Do you see each other a lot, and do you take classes together? Also, how easy/hard is it to get involved in research? I saw a few specific areas outlined on the website but are there opportunities beyond that to get involved in research with specific specialties?

Hi! I was curious what the interaction with the DO students is like. Do you see each other a lot, and do you take classes together? Also, how easy/hard is it to get involved in research? I saw a few specific areas outlined on the website but are there opportunities beyond that to get involved in research with specific specialties?

1. Our curriculums are separate so we don’t take classes with them. No formal interaction, although I am friends with many of them having met and talked in passing. I am on rotation now and we have multiple Nova DO kids with us too at some rotation sites, good people’s
2. It’s easy to get involved, many opportunities in my experience and i hate research. We meet professors all the time with opportunities and there are plenty of connections through faculty.