2020-2021 Duke

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i specifically scheduled a therapy appointment at the end of feb assuming they would reject me by then so if they come at me with the R on march 1st i’m gonna be tight

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users
I don't want to spread any misinformation out there but I interviewed in late January and I think I remember them saying March for decisions, so until I saw this thread I had it in my mind that I'd hear back in March. I couldn't find it written down anywhere, so I may have misremembered, but the fact that they haven't sent out any decisions yet makes me think I may have remembered correctly

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't want to spread any misinformation out there but I interviewed in late January and I think I remember them saying March for decisions, so until I saw this thread I had it in my mind that I'd hear back in March. I couldn't find it written down anywhere, so I may have misremembered, but the fact that they haven't sent out any decisions yet makes me think I may have remembered correctly
They definitely told all the early interviews that it would be February. They told my group specifically mid-Feb and a later group late-Feb. That'd be unfortunate if they changed it to March without communicating it.

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed on 1/13 and was told mid to late February :/

I interviewed in Feb. and they told my group that decisions would be out by the end of the month!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
If today is really the day they will have to start early to get through everyone.

it would be soooo mean to start today and not finish before the weekend. I'd be disappointed in them

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure if this helps anyone out, but I didn't get an interview this year at Duke and it was just updated in my portal at the top with a note saying I was denied (as expected LOL, see below). There was no accompanying email. Best of luck to everyone! Maybe we will meet in residency?

"Application Decision - Thank you for your interest in the Duke University School of Medicine. We deeply appreciate the work you've put into your application but we are sorry to inform you that the Admissions Committee has not selected you for an interview. While we recognize that this decision may be disappointing, it is in no way a reflection of your potential as a future physician. We wish you great success in your academic and professional pursuits."

Reactions: 5 users
I’m losing it. Is there someone we can email about this? I’d be so sad if we have to wait another week:(

• Sad
Not sure if this helps anyone out, but I didn't get an interview this year at Duke and it was just updated in my portal at the top with a note saying I was denied (as expected LOL, see below). There was no accompanying email. Best of luck to everyone! Maybe we will meet in residency?

"Application Decision - Thank you for your interest in the Duke University School of Medicine. We deeply appreciate the work you've put into your application but we are sorry to inform you that the Admissions Committee has not selected you for an interview. While we recognize that this decision may be disappointing, it is in no way a reflection of your potential as a future physician. We wish you great success in your academic and professional pursuits."
Thanks for the heads up! Just checked my portal and unfortunately it doesn’t look like it’s been updated for interviewing applicants😕

in the past calls have started at 10 PST/1 EST so maybe it will start in an hour

I just got the call!!!!!! Did not feel the best about my interview so I am in so much shock. but good news is they are starting now!

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 22 users
Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

• Love
  • Haha
Accepted just now. Also didn't feel great about my interview but i guess it was good enough. Pog

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users
:( now I’m scared Why did I want calls to start so bad.

Alright y'all. Time to post last initial, interview dates, birthdates, shoe sizes, and all the metrics to help us figure out the ordering :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Alright y'all. Time to post last initial, interview dates, birthdates, shoe sizes, and all the metrics to help us figure out the ordering :rofl:
Lollll I interviewed in December but am at the veryyy beginning of the alphabet so maybe that

• Love
I JUST GOT THE CALL!!!!!

I did NOT think Duke would look at my application in a million years, I’m crying right now. Can’t wait to tell my parents!!!

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Back of the line in elementary school and back of the line in med app decisions too. Curse my last name! :rofl: Congrats again to all who just got the call!!
Always last here too with a Y last name

• Haha
I just missed a call from a NY number... that wouldn't be it right?

Just Got the Call! so awesome! Good luck to everyone else :)

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

oof pre-II R here too. Thanks for the info!!

• Care
Have any Feb. interviews received acceptances yet?

Got the call! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

interviewed in October

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Just got the call! October interview, last name near the end of the alphabet.

• Love
Any NC (in-state) students get a call yet? Wondering if they are doing OOS before IS acceptances

Considering they are calling over 150 people I doubt they’re close to finished if they started less than an hour ago.
That being said there were a few that said their last names were at the end of the alphabet so idk if they are actually going in alphabetical order.

Maybe they have one person calling at the beginning of the alphabet and another starting at the end. Has anyone in the middle of the alphabet received a call so far?