2020-2021 Duke

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone else received more calls in the past 30 min? Or can we safely assume they're done with A's?
You really think they've wrapped up 120+ A calls in just under 3 hours? I'm betting it's going to continue across the day.

Members don't see this ad.

You really think they've wrapped up 120+ A calls in just under 3 hours? I'm betting it's going to continue across the day.
I'm hoping that there will be more calls later on today, but it's possible to wrap it up in 3 hours if they divided the calls amongst multiple people, which seems to be the case.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got email confirmation just now!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Received confirmation email, the wording was a little weird but I think i was accepted to the PCLT program as well!

Got the A call around 1:30pm EST today! Rooting for everyone!

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
No just my intuition. I could be wrong. But I'm not getting my hopes up
yea i agree it doesnt make sense for there to be any more A calls left if the acceptance confirmation emails have gone out

PCLT isn't getting a call. We'll get an email next week. I applied PCLT and got a call today.
I got a call an A call from PCLT today!!!! I have been in shock since but it was around 12:30 pm EST :) and I got a confirmation email from PCLT and Dr. Yee about an hour ago

• Love
I got a call an A call from PCLT today!!!! I have been in shock since but it was around 12:30 pm EST :))
Congrats!! Sorry for the wrong information. I was repeating what my caller told me

Friends, it's been a great ride, but I'm gonna throw in the towel here. Really liked Duke but seems like it was a one-sided crush... time to go lick my wounds and pray for that WL I'll never get off of 😬

• Care
Sending out confirmation emails when they haven’t given the hundreds of other applicants (who also spent several hours interviewing) the kindness of giving them a decision they already made? Silly.

Reactions: 6 users
Wait so does no call mean rejection or waitlist?

Reactions: 1 users
I mean we don’t know for sure but given that a ton of A’s went out between like 11 and 3 today and then they all got a confirmation email I would say it’s probably pretty likely everyone waiting is a R or WL (again I’m just an applicant and don’t know anything so take it with a grain of salt if you’re trying to hold out hope until the last minute lol)

Most likely. I saw one or two examples in earlier threads where some A's were sent out via email the following Monday, but it doesn't seem to happen every year.

For people who got accepted, did your portals update? How do you accept offer of admission?

For people who got accepted, did your portals update? How do you accept offer of admission?
No portal update but was emailed confirmation and instructions on what to do when the portal/amcas does update

According to last year’s thread, there seems to have been two days of acceptance calls. Holding out hope for good news either tomorrow or Monday!

According to last year’s thread, there seems to have been two days of acceptance calls. Holding out hope for good news either tomorrow or Monday!
Why would they call tomorrow (on a weekend)? Does that happen?

If they were really already done with calls, wouldn’t they have sent out R/WL emails by now? I just don’t understand why they would wait
Yeah i have no idea. Maybe more calls will come. Seems weird that they would wait over through weekend to do them though. Maybe they’ll just send the R/WL emails on monday because they didn’t feel like sending them friday. Who knows

• Sad
Yeah i have no idea. Maybe more calls will come. Seems weird that they would wait over through weekend to do them though. Maybe they’ll just send the R/WL emails on monday because they didn’t feel like sending them friday. Who knows
I just went through the old threads and I think there *might* be a chance, but I don’t think it’s very high

2016-2017
Initial calls on March 3rd (Friday). They tried to get all calls out that day, but some spilled into Monday. One call reported on Saturday morning (PCLT) Some acceptance emails on Monday without phone call. WL/R emails also went out on Monday.

2017-2018
Initial calls on feb 23rd (Friday). someone said many callers were not able to finish their lists and only those who were called got the acceptance letter, but few acceptance emails were reported on Monday. WL/R also went out on Monday

2018-2019
Initial calls on feb 22nd (friday). No acceptances were made on Monday (although someone in the next year’s thread said he was accepted via email on the Monday after) Confirmation email for some accepted students came on Monday instead of Friday. WL/R was released on Monday.

2019-2020
Initial calls on feb 12th (Wednesday). Acceptance emails also went out the next day. WL/R also went out on Thursday.

Reactions: 5 users
I just went through the old threads and I think there *might* be a chance, but I don’t think it’s very high

2016-2017
Initial calls on March 3rd (Friday). They tried to get all calls out that day, but some spilled into Monday. One call reported on Saturday morning (PCLT) Some acceptance emails on Monday without phone call. WL/R emails also went out on Monday.

2017-2018
Initial calls on feb 23rd (Friday). someone said many callers were not able to finish their lists and only those who were called got the acceptance letter, but few acceptance emails were reported on Monday. WL/R also went out on Monday

2018-2019
Initial calls on feb 22nd (friday). No acceptances were made on Monday (although someone in the next year’s thread said he was accepted via email on the Monday after) Confirmation email for some accepted students came on Monday instead of Friday. WL/R was released on Monday.

2019-2020
Initial calls on feb 12th (Wednesday). Acceptance emails also went out the next day. WL/R also went out on Thursday.
So it looks like they usually do send out some acceptances on the following monday. Probably just what they couldn’t finish on friday. Either way, we’ll find out what our status is

So it looks like they usually do send out some acceptances on the following monday. Probably just what they couldn’t finish on friday. Either way, we’ll find out what our status is
It's not over till it's over

Hey everyone! Current MS1 at Duke. Congrats to everyone who was accepted! For those of you without good news yet, just know that a substantial amount of our class (I don’t have a number for you, sorry) got in off the waitlist throughout May, including me. For most of us, a letter of intent seemed to make a big difference, so if you feel that Duke is the right place for you then I think sending that letter is definitely the right decision! Timing doesn’t seem to matter- I sent mine in April, I know someone who sent theirs in late May.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Hey everyone! Current MS1 at Duke. Congrats to everyone who was accepted! For those of you without good news yet, just know that a substantial amount of our class (I don’t have a number for you, sorry) got in off the waitlist throughout May, including me. For most of us, a letter of intent seemed to make a big difference, so if you feel that Duke is the right place for you then I think sending that letter is definitely the right decision! Timing doesn’t seem to matter- I sent mine in April, I know someone who sent theirs in late May.
i sent a letter of intent in january. should i reiterate? also, would you mind if i DM’ed you?

i sent a letter of intent in january. should i reiterate? also, would you mind if i DM’ed you?
Feel free to DM, although I’ll state outright that I have no affiliation with admissions and can only answer those sorts of questions anecdotally. I’d wait to see if you are wait listed before sending another LOI, and then maybe holding off for a while so you can maybe send additional life updates along with it later in the cycle.

R. Great way to start a Monday morning :) thank you, Duke.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users