2020-2021 Duke

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anybody on WL know when they are going to pull from the list?

Members don't see this ad.

Any of the admitted students know if people have been dropping from the groupme/FB page? I'm really hoping for WL movement here but idk how much hope to hold out

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For those on the WL, people haven’t really left the Facebook but the GroupMe is around 115 at this point.

Reactions: 1 users
:cryi: welp, waitlist movement seems to be pretty minimal, as expected... does anyone know if the class is overfull/admissions is planning to consider the waitlist this year?

:cryi: welp, waitlist movement seems to be pretty minimal, as expected... does anyone know if the class is overfull/admissions is planning to consider the waitlist this year?
i emailed about the WL movement and if they rank. I haven't gotten a response yet.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I'd say have hope and give it time! Remember, schools can technically accept people into their incoming class up until the day before orientation. And it's only the first week of May! I don't think the class is full, but accepted folks are still relinquishing their spots in other schools, and it's possible some asked for extensions.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
For what it’s worth, I know someone who got off the waitlist. Have hope guys. Good luck !
Edit: referring to this cycle. They got off after may 1

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
any response yet?
Not OP, but to an email earlier this week, they replied "At this time there has been some small movement from the wait list. We are waiting to hear from a number of applicants who “Planned to Enroll” to determine if they will decide to “Commit to Enroll”. Once we have hear more, we will be able to share more info..."

Take from that what you will; I did not ask about ranking/a ranked waitlist and would like to know this myself!

From Duke SOM:

We have had minimal movement at this time from the wait list, however, we are hoping as applicants continue to make decisions we will know more. We will keep your application in mind if wait list movement happens. Also, do keep us updated if you decide to commit to another school.

From Duke SOM:

We have had minimal movement at this time from the wait list, however, we are hoping as applicants continue to make decisions we will know more. We will keep your application in mind if wait list movement happens. Also, do keep us updated if you decide to commit to another school.
doesn't bode well...

Duke’s commit to enroll deadline is June 15th! So I’m thinking if there is going to be any waitlist movement we would see it shortly after.

Duke’s commit to enroll deadline is June 15th! So I’m thinking if there is going to be any waitlist movement we would see it shortly after.
complete silence, huh?