2020-2021 Duke

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
can we get some action on this page? why is everyone so serious
Had this same thought earlier while anxiously waiting all week lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know historically what the distribution is in terms of A, R, and WL?

Does anyone know historically what the distribution is in terms of A, R, and WL?

They interview around 700 and have a class size of 120ish. The waitlist is about 100 or so people long and around 20 get off of it. So what I would guess is like 150-170 acceptances 100 WL and the rest R. If someone disagrees let me know.

according to this, 277 were accepted one year. if 20 of them were from the waitlist, then initial 250 acceptances?

Just curious, where do they get this data from? I've always referred back to this document but never did the work to double-check the source haha

im thinking so too. It has to be or else how would they make 120+ calls in one day
Does anyone know how they make the calls? As in is it completely random? By interview date? Alphabetical? (Lol). Anyone have any insider info? Haha

excited finding nemo GIF

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do they usually make all the calls in one day? Or are they split up?

Do they usually make all the calls in one day? Or are they split up?
I got some bad news...last year's thread suggests it's over multiple days :(

Edit: Bulk of calls were Feb 12 and then some more A's went out Feb 13 with WL/Rs on that day too

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Sad
I JUST GOT A CALL from my mom asking me when duke will release decisions

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 10 users
Are interviews done? I have nothing but radio silence since my submission and assessing whether it's worth sending a late update

Belated -- but MSTP A a few days ago! :) Good luck all!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
9558DDB6-4ECB-474B-8C84-8E355198D1E1.jpeg
I swear to god I have never been trolled so hard in my entire life.
You cannot tell me that the vertical alignment of my name, “congratulations”, and “duke university”, in an email sent on the same day as admissions decisions, is a coincidence.
Personalized marketing has officially gone too far 😭.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13 users
View attachment 331211I swear to god I have never been trolled so hard in my entire life.
You cannot tell me that the vertical alignment of my name, “congratulations”, and “duke university”, in an email sent on the same day as admissions decisions, is a coincidence.
Personalized marketing has officially gone too far 😭.
I got a call from a Durham phone number an hour ago and was so excited... only to be warned that tHiS iS mY FiNaL NoTiCe about my car’s warranty. I’m rlly about to start a class action lawsuit lol

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
I got a call from a Durham phone number an hour ago and was so excited... only to be warned that tHiS iS mY FiNaL NoTiCe about my car’s warranty. I’m rlly about to start a class action lawsuit lol
I got a call from Dean Yee himself and I was so excited... but then he said I was wanted by the government and asked for my social security number and credit card information to free me of legal charges and I realized it wasn't Dean Yee

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
my phone is in the shop sorry...

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
If I keep refreshing this page will decisions come any sooner?

Reactions: 5 users
I’ve given up hope for today, guess tomorrow is the day haha

Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 3.11.10 PM.png

Guys, they're a whole year late with decisions smh🙄 We were supposed to hear back 12 months ago

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
y’all I’m not gonna make it if we have to wait through the weekend

They wouldn't do that to us when they said end of February and March 1st is Monday....right...right....:cryi:
The MSTP peeps heard back in the evening so maybe there’s hope guys.

• Care
They should really send an email if they decide to not release decisions this week...

The MSTP peeps heard back in the evening so maybe there’s hope guys.
There is also significantly less MSTP spots than MD spots. They could get through those calls shortly but the MD calls would take hours. I feel like they wouldn’t start the calls if they could only get like 10% out in a night.

i called admissions and it went to a message saying that they aren’t accepting calls because they are working from home so we are very much still in the dark lol

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
On the bright side, I think tomorrow is pretty guaranteed. Like they said late february! And monday is march!

Reactions: 1 users