2020-2021 A.T. Still University (Kirksville, Missouri) ATSU-KCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats! That’s a crazy fast turn around! What do you think sets you apart?
Thanks! I'm super excited. Tbh not sure at all, I feel like I'm a pretty average applicant. Missouri resident. 508 mcat, 3.69 gpa. I did do a ton of extracurriculars in college, got a lot of leadership positions. 180 hours of shadowing DOs. I'll take it though!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Thanks! I'm super excited. Tbh not sure at all, I feel like I'm a pretty average applicant. Missouri resident. 508 mcat, 3.69 gpa. I did do a ton of extracurriculars in college, got a lot of leadership positions. 180 hours of shadowing DOs. I'll take it though!
Looks like a great app, you deserve it! Congrats again!

Withdrew my application today, hope it goes to one of you!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
those stats are not average for DO school! for MD yes! congrats

Reactions: 1 user
Just got the call for the A! Email and portal will be updated tomorrow!!

Reactions: 4 users
Just added this school this weekend. I hope it isn't too late! I know DO schools usually have a longer cycle.

Congratulations!
Do you have any advice on how the interviews are like?
I've heard that KCOM's interviews are pretty relaxing and not stressful, would you agree with that?
How are the 3 interviews? Do they end up asking similar questions in each one?

Congratulations!
Do you have any advice on how the interviews are like?
I've heard that KCOM's interviews are pretty relaxing and not stressful, would you agree with that?
How are the 3 interviews? Do they end up asking similar questions in each one?
I thought they were relaxing! There were similar questions through each but one interviewer might want to talk about something that’s they find particularly interesting about your application which can introduce some variation!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know the post interview acceptance rate for this school?
I saw an interview w/ a kcom adcoms member that was filmed in ~2013. He said they interview 450- 500 students and accept 170. So, w/out accounting for students that are accepted but don't attend you're looking at around a 40% chance post interview.

Anyone know the post interview acceptance rate for this school?
I'm not sure. However, every person I know personally that interviewed here last cycle was accepted. (~15-20) I think they have a relatively high post interview acceptance rate. Only three of the people I know chose to attend.

Interview invite today! OOS. January was the earliest interview date available.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
MY FIRST INTERVIEW INVITE :D:soexcited::biglove:I'M LEGIT CRYING.
IS, complete 9/7. So excited y'all! <3

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
II at 4:26pm on 30Sep2020. OOS, complete 07Aug2020. First interview I could schedule for was January. So excited :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Just got the A in an email! Does anyone know if I should be expecting a call as well?

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Just accepted with the call! Cried lots of happy tears in the library. I can't believe I'm going to be a doctor :soexcited:

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Accepted a little bit ago! Interviewed on 9/28.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Accepted!!! Interviewed 10/5

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
does anyone know if the school does silent reject? I haven't heard from them for about 3 months now....

does anyone know if the school does silent reject? I haven't heard from them for about 3 months now....
Same here, I haven't heard anything after the secondary complete email.

I don't think so based on last year's thread. Granted it seemed that pre-II rejections came late like in April. I would imagine if you haven't received an II by January, the chances of getting an II are very low..

Hi! Just curious what is my chance to get an II, I completed first week of August....>2000 clinical, >1500 research, >200h volunteer 3.38 undergraduate GPA. 4.0 graduate GPA, 516 MCAT. It has been radio silent..I am scared...

Hi! Just curious what is my chance to get an II, I completed first week of August....>2000 clinical, >1500 research, >200h volunteer 3.38 undergraduate GPA. 4.0 graduate GPA, 516 MCAT. It has been radio silent..I am scared...

you are not alone! I have not heard anything for over 2 months now.

I thought they were relaxing! There were similar questions through each but one interviewer might want to talk about something that’s they find particularly interesting about your application which can introduce some variation!
My interview on next week on Monday. I am very curious how the virtual interview works. Is it a Zoom call? Will I have to be in front of my computer for the entire 5 hours? Thank you.

Can anyone who's done the virtual interview speak to the format of it? It's a large block of time ~5.25 hours. I assume some of that is not interview?

Can anyone who's done the virtual interview speak to the format of it? It's a large block of time ~5.25 hours. I assume some of that is not interview?

Most of the time is not the interview portion. The schedule varies depending if you are in the morning or afternoon session. I did the afternoon and we started out with a welcome presentation from admissions, then information about the curriculum and an OMM demonstration, virtual tour, then a chat with current students for about an hour. The interview portion takes about 2 hours. There’s 4 stations. For 3 30 minute blocks, you’ll be in a breakout room with your interviewer. For one 30 min block, it’s like a down time for you. You’ll fill out a fun fact survey and then can use RR or take a break.
Overall this was the best interview experience I’ve had of the four I’ve attended. I really felt like I got to know a lot of info about the school, it was almost as if I got to be there in person. And the interviews were really conversational.

• Care
Most of the time is not the interview portion. The schedule varies depending if you are in the morning or afternoon session. I did the afternoon and we started out with a welcome presentation from admissions, then information about the curriculum and an OMM demonstration, virtual tour, then a chat with current students for about an hour. The interview portion takes about 2 hours. There’s 4 stations. For 3 30 minute blocks, you’ll be in a breakout room with your interviewer. For one 30 min block, it’s like a down time for you. You’ll fill out a fun fact survey and then can use RR or take a break.
Overall this was the best interview experience I’ve had of the four I’ve attended. I really felt like I got to know a lot of info about the school, it was almost as if I got to be there in person. And the interviews were really conversational.
Thank you much! What is "RR"?

My interview on next week on Monday. I am very curious how the virtual interview works. Is it a Zoom call? Will I have to be in front of my computer for the entire 5 hours? Thank you.
Yep! It's in a Zoom call the entire time. You initially join the central waiting area where the give the presentations and intros. From there, you are assigned to your interviewers' breakout rooms where they conduct the interviews. There are 4 interview slots but you only have 3 interviews so you can take a short break during that time. Otherwise, it is a long day in front of Zoom but worth it because I grew to like the school even more! Let me know if you have any other questions

• Love
I got an II today and am trying to schedule but the calendar is all gray and won’t let me select a date. Anyone had this issue?

I got an II today and am trying to schedule but the calendar is all gray and won’t let me select a date. Anyone had this issue?
Hey, congrats on the II! If you don’t mind sharing, when were you complete? Stats?

I couldn't find a date until Jan 15th--did you try scrolling forward a few months?

Accepted! I got the call 10/8, interviewed 10/5.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
I was complete last week of August and still nothing...I know my mcat is on the lower end (502) but my gpa seems to be on the above average end I think? (3.6)

Hoping to hear something soon...

• Care