2018-2019 Charles R Drew/UCLA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
One of the greatest surprises of my life! Still can't get over it. But if I got in here... that would be a real decision for me, so I'm super excited/anxious to hear back
Really? But...why tho lol.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I know right. Should be a no-brainer. But I'm a non-trad with a family, which makes my decision more complicated.

Family is definitely important!

PS- CDU/UCLA is a SPECTACULAR program!!! You will be an amazing physician wherever you decide to go :)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Who wants to take one for the team and call to see when they'll be sending out responses??

I volunteer lady glen cuz she already got into UCSF

I'm over here just trying to enjoy the new Solange album drop. I'll call and report back though. Doubtful they'll answer

Reactions: 5 users
They answered! They are sending out the first wave of acceptances next week. She didn't have a specific date. The committee is finalizing a few things, one of those being scholarships. So maybe... acceptances and some Geffen scholarships next week.

Reactions: 9 users
They answered! They are sending out the first wave of acceptances next week. She didn't have a specific date. The committee is finalizing a few things, one of those being scholarships. So maybe... acceptances and some Geffen scholarships next week.
They'll be sent out on Thursday. Not sure why, but it feels right. Anyone wanna bet??

good luck everyone hope we all will achieve our dream !

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone get a reply email to their letter of intent?

Why does something tell me we won’t hear tomorrow LOL

Why does something tell me we won’t hear tomorrow LOL

Ugh, I wish you were wrong. But AMCAS rules say they have to admit at least the number they plan to matriculate by March 15, right? So someone has to hear by then! And if not us, probably safe to say we're either waitlisted or rejected.

Why haven’t they sent out acceptances yet?

How would any of us know? The most we could plausibly assume is that if they were waiting to finalize scholarships and such like LadyGlen mentioned, they haven't done so yet and are waiting until they do. Like mentioned before, they technically have until the 15th...

This is gonna be a nerve-racking week. Rushing to my phone at each ring :yeahright:

I have a feeling that we won’t hear back this week

Reactions: 1 user
LOL can you all stop posting here until its and accpetance or rejection from Drew? :laugh::hilarious::hilarious:.I log in here and see notifcations from DREW forum and have a mini heart attack before opening them.

This whole situation is so tragic yet hilarious at the same time! I would drop all my acceptances for this school in a heartbeat but time is ticking :(
Yeah I feel you. Hopefully we hear something soon. This waiting is killing me.

My last post for today: Hope we all get in. I really want to meet you all lol

I have a feeling that we won’t hear back this week

It's also concerning because Geffen gives out their housing app in March. I hope applying late doesn't put one at a disadvantage.

I think they have already accepted people.

I'm starting to think so too. It seems late to not have made any acceptance offers. And the class is so small that those acceptances may not be reported here. But who really knows

I'm starting to think so too. It seems late to not have made any acceptance offers. And the class is so small that those acceptances may not be reported here. But who really knows

Maybe not, the whole process was delayed at least a month

Apparently we wait have to wait until the end of march now. They haven’t started giving out acceptances

I think Drew probably doesn’t have to adhere to the AAMC guidelines because they’re technically a committee that recommends students to UCLA. And I think they might be taking long to make decisions because of the new qualifications UCLA released (512 mcat 3.7 GPA). This is all just speculation what do you guys think?

I think Drew probably doesn’t have to adhere to the AAMC guidelines because they’re technically a committee that recommends students to UCLA. And I think they might be taking long to make decisions because of the new qualifications UCLA released (512 mcat 3.7 GPA). This is all just speculation what do you guys think?
That actually makes a lot of sense considering Charles Drew is not on even on the MSAR. Well if that is the case, I am for sure going to get rejected. My MCAT score is pretty garbage lol

That actually makes a lot of sense considering Charles Drew is not on even on the MSAR. Well if that is the case, I am for sure going to get rejected. My MCAT score is pretty garbage lol

I don’t think so. They wouldn’t interview you knowing that they can’t accept you based on MCAT and GPA. I mean they even screen secondaries so why waste resources and time on interviewing applicants they can’t accept?

I don't think they have to adhere to those qualifications? Does anyone know for sure?