2019-2020 Charles R Drew @ UCLA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Secondary submitted and fingers crossed

Members don't see this ad.

submitted 8/20
received secondary 8/21

this is one of my dream schools so im trying to take my time with the secondary, the prompts are kinda tough.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
submitted 8/20
received secondary 8/21

this is one of my dream schools so im trying to take my time with the secondary, the prompts are kinda tough.
Stats? IS or OOS?

submitted 8/20
received secondary 8/21

that turnaround time tho! i'm jealous!

Reactions: 1 users
anyone get confirmation (like in an email or something) that their secondary app was processed/received/complete/ready for review after completing it and sending the app fee? I tried calling and wasn't able to get confirmation that my app was complete other than them letting me know that they will tell me if I get an interview.

anyone get confirmation (like in an email or something) that their secondary app was processed/received/complete/ready for review after completing it and sending the app fee? I tried calling and wasn't able to get confirmation that my app was complete other than them letting me know that they will tell me if I get an interview.

I got an email stating my payment and application was received and they will notify me when they come to a decision.

Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary finally received!! verified mid July!

Reactions: 2 users
same. i submitted mine a while back in july and haven't heard anything since.
+2 my primary has been verified since early june and there's been silence since the "we have received your application" email

Those who got secondaries from Charles Drew, did any of you apply to PRIME too?

II received today! Beyond excited to learn more about CDU.

It's been so quiet in here. Are they still sending out secondaries o.o?

Yea I havent received one either. Also wondering this...
From last years thred it seems like they had sent out one batch of secondaries by September and a couple waves went out after so hopefully they will do the same this year

Reactions: 4 users
I think for this school, a past commitment to serve may be more significant than just stats, but who knows.

I have strong service commitment, but my stats are poor. No secondary invite. It's been 2 months now.

Reactions: 1 users
Is it possible to apply to both the Prime program and Drew regular MD admissions? If I were to submit my app to the Prime program, would that cause me to only be eligible for Prime admissions?

You can apply to both. However, if you apply to both (based from my understanding), you would be consider for PRIME first, and then if that falls through, you're considered for regular MD. The problem with this approach is that PRIME application happens later than regular MD; hence, your regular MD application will be considered at a later time compared to those who applied to regular MD only.

I am pretty surprised too. I submitted my primary on Aug 9th and heard nothing back, even though I have a bunch of volunteer experience with the underserved and research experience as well.

Last edited:
Is it possible to apply to both the Prime program and Drew regular MD admissions? If I were to submit my app to the Prime program, would that cause me to only be eligible for Prime admissions?
You can apply to both. However, if you apply to both (based from my understanding), you would be consider for PRIME first, and then if that falls through, you're considered for regular MD. The problem with this approach is that PRIME application happens later than regular MD; hence, your regular MD application will be considered at a later time compared to those who applied to regular MD only.

Just to clarify, yes you can apply to both PRIME and regular Drew MD program and while they have similar timelines, they are two entirely separate admissions processes. Basically... applying to the Drew program and/or PRIME will have no bearing on the timeline or consideration for acceptance for either programs. Two separate admissions committees, two separate interviews, and two separate acceptances.

Just submitted my secondary! This is my dream school

Please god let me get a secondary from here

Reactions: 7 users
finally received a secondary on 10/3 (after being verified around 6/4). for those still waiting, don't give up hope!

Reactions: 5 users
Hey y’all! I was verified 7/25 and haven’t received a secondary yet... stats are pretty low but should be on-par with the average stats for Drew (at least what’s published online)... should I call the school? Anyone else in the same boat?

Hey y’all! I was verified 7/25 and haven’t received a secondary yet... stats are pretty low but should be on-par with the average stats for Drew (at least what’s published online)... should I call the school? Anyone else in the same boat?
I'm on the same boat. I was verified in july and never got a secondary.