2018-2019 Charles R Drew/UCLA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
not sure where you guys have been getting your information but i just spoke to someone in admissions who gave me an extremely clear answer and sounded very confident in what she was saying. she told me that per AAMC traffic rules, they will be giving out the remainder of the 24 seats today. accepted students will get a phone call and then an email. waitlisted/rejected students will get an email only.
I hope so lol

Members don't see this ad.

not sure where you guys have been getting your information but i just spoke to someone in admissions who gave me an extremely clear answer and sounded very confident in what she was saying. she told me that per AAMC traffic rules, they will be giving out the remainder of the 24 seats today. accepted students will get a phone call and then an email. waitlisted/rejected students will get an email only.
When did you call them? They’re playing with my emotions really hard right now.

When did you call them? They’re playing with my emotions really hard right now.
like 5 minutes before i posted. so i guess 12:30ish PST? anyone else feel like throwing up?

Members don't see this ad :)
So they’re going to call 24 people in the next ~2.5 hours? Their office closes at 5 right?

So they’re going to call 24 people in the next ~2.5 hours? Their office closes at 5 right?
I just called again and someone in the student affairs department told me that they’re not going to make all 24 offers today. But every student wether accepted, waitlisted, or rejected will be notified some time in the next week. I don’t know what information to trust at this point?

I just called again and someone in the student affairs department told me that they’re not going to make all 24 offers today. But every student wether accepted, waitlisted, or rejected will be notified some time in the next week. I don’t know what information to trust at this point?

Well, they've already made some offers, so they wouldn't be making 24 calls today...

I think they’re accepting 28 total applicants. I believe they only made four this week, leaving 24 seats.
4 are PRIME so only people who applied to PRIME can get those. The 24 regular spots and they gave out 11 (or so we’ve heard) already.

I think they’re accepting 28 total applicants. I believe they only made four this week, leaving 24 seats.

That's only if everyone that was accepted had posted here-- there may be some who aren't on SDN or just didn't post. Plus, 4 of those seats are for PRIME-Drew applicants too.

i just called again and they told me that they are done sending out acceptances for this round. i told them i had not heard anything yet and the woman told me that that means i am waitlisted. i assume that applies to the rest of you poor souls too (but you know what they say about assuming). sorry to be the bearer of bad news :(

i just called again and they told me that they are done sending out acceptances for this round. i told them i had not heard anything yet and the woman told me that that means i am waitlisted. i assume that applies to the rest of you poor souls too (but you know what they say about assuming). sorry to be the bearer of bad news :(
Wait, so they sent out all 28 calls this week?

I don't even know what to believe anymore. Every call is a different message. I think it's safe to say, if you haven't heard back, maybe start putting your efforts into your other choices (I am). There are about 10 spots left and maybe like 30 of us waiting.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't even know what to believe anymore. Every call is a different message. I think it's safe to say, if you haven't heard back, maybe start putting your efforts into your other choices (I am). There are about 10 spots left and maybe like 30 of us waiting.

More than 30... my interview date had like 35-40 people there (late Feb). I already knew it was a wrap when I saw that many people at the interview lol.

More than 30... my interview date had like 35-40 people there (late Feb). I already knew it was a wrap when I saw that many people at the interview lol.

That’s quite the group. I interviewed in mid January and it was only 8-9 of us.

Do you know if they’ll be giving out waitlist/rejection email to everyone today

I’m curious if drew gives out post interview rejections (maybe) someone can report if they receive one? However, I assume if you didn’t know receive an acceptance last week, a waitlist email is approaching your inbox.

Waitlisted
I think Drew keeps a small waitlist because of their class size. As I was telling my friend, this is good! There was a decent amount of movement last year after people committed to a school at the end of April.

Congrats to those on the waitlist! There's hope! Question, if they are signing up people for the waitlist that means that obviously they already called and made all 24 offers to accepted students correct?

I think Drew keeps a small waitlist because of their class size. As I was telling my friend, this is good! There was a decent amount of movement last year after people committed to a school at the end of April.

How can they keep small waitlists if they do not reject post interview? They interviewed over 200 candidates for 28 seats. If they don't reject post interview, that leaves over 173 people on the waitlists which does not bode well for our chances....

Congrats to those on the waitlist! There's hope! Question, if they are signing up people for the waitlist that means that obviously they already called and made all 24 offers to accepted students correct?
correct and it is 28 students this year.

"March 18, 2019 Dear Random In this highly competitive admissions cycle the Charles R. Drew/UCLA Medical Education Program Admissions Committee has made some very careful decisions. Your application and supporting documents have been thoroughly reviewed. While we cannot offer admission at this time, the Admissions Committee has decided to place you on the waitlist. We will make final decisions on a rolling basis and will keep you informed regarding your waitlist status. Sincerely,"

Did other people receive a different letter or a number. If so, i think the number refers to your rank.

"March 18, 2019 Dear Random In this highly competitive admissions cycle the Charles R. Drew/UCLA Medical Education Program Admissions Committee has made some very careful decisions. Your application and supporting documents have been thoroughly reviewed. While we cannot offer admission at this time, the Admissions Committee has decided to place you on the waitlist. We will make final decisions on a rolling basis and will keep you informed regarding your waitlist status. Sincerely,"

Did other people receive a different letter or a number. If so, i think the number refers to your rank.
I haven’t received one

I am willing to bet if you received a number on your waitlists email, your application has been ranked and your chances of getting in are favorable. If you didn't get a number attached to your waitlists email, I would call it quits and focus on other schools.

I am willing to bet if you received a number on your waitlists email, your application has been ranked and your chances of getting in are favorable. If you didn't get a number attached to your waitlists email, I would call it quits and focus on other schools.
What if you didn’t receive an email

Well at this point, everyone who wasn't accepted is waitlisted. I think they are sending these emails out manually so you'll probably be receiving one shortly
I’ll probably won’t get ranked since I haven’t received it yet

What number are you referring to? Is it actually on the attachment or the body of the email? Or the file name? That could just be the order that they were sent out

Lol, my colleague just called the school. She said the number doesn’t mean anything (I’m skeptical about that though). And everyone post interview is waitlisted and the waitlist isn’t ranked. Lol, slim pickings.....

If the number doesn't mean anything I wonder why they would put it in the title of the email and also in the title of the file... :(

Is today the only day they’re sending waitlist emails?

If you didn't get a waitlist email can you pretty much consider yourself rejected :( ?

Received a waitlist email too.
LOL and crazy to see how people are already rushing to analyze numbers on emails.

My interview group had very highly qualified candidates. If you have not received a waitlist email, you'll probably be getting one this week. And keep in mind, no one really seems to know what is going on and even the school gives conflicting info. So just keep your head up, be patient and stay positive.

Received a waitlist email too.
LOL and crazy to see how people are already rushing to analyze numbers on emails.

My interview group had very highly qualified candidates. If you have not received a waitlist email, you'll probably be getting one this week. And keep in mind, no one really seems to know what is going on and even the school gives conflicting info. So just keep your head up, be patient and stay positive.
I’m trying to, but it’s hard to keep hope

Okay EVERYONE, here is what gathered from reading past threads
1.The school doesn't give clear instructions or timelines on how they proceed with the acceptance process.
2. The first wave of acceptances are handed in around Feb or March.
3. A few (very few, may be 1 or 2) in late April.
4. The last huge wave come first and second week of May
5. If you haven't gotten an acceptance (especially through the first wave), assume you are automamtically on waitlist regardless of whether they email you or not.

This is just trends from past years, doesn't mean it will be what will happen exactly this year but hope it helps clarifies some doubts

Reactions: 4 users