2019-2020 A.T. Still University (Kirksville, Missouri) ATSU-KCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Placed on hold:/

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, been stalking this thread for the past one week. Just a little bit of background, I applied KCOM last cycle and was accepted pending a seat (so now I’ve received my acceptance to start in 2020). I, too, was placed on hold. I even interviewed laaaaaate in the cycle :sour: but nonetheless was still accepted! So to all of you that are worried about being on hold, not getting II, not getting secondaries, etc there’s still hope!! Just stay positive and keep grinding in whatever you’re doing, if any questions PM me I’ll be happy to help! Or if there’s something I feel can benefit everyone on this forum I’ll post it.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew my application from interviewing here! Hopefully they pass it along to one of you. Best of luck everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
School was nice. Town was brutally boring.

Reactions: 1 user
Honestly enjoyed the town and school. 59k tuition scares the tar out of me though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted just now from my interview on literally MONDAY that was insane turnaround. I'm so excited!!!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Anyone get an email to be added to a "waitlist" for an earlier interview?? That word kinda scares me. Lmfao.
Edit: jk, not that scary apparently.

Last edited:
Interview Invite today! Scheduled for 11/8!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else interviewing tomorrow? :)

Interviewed here today! Absolutely fantastic school, with amazing interviewers. They really made me feel at home, and I got to learn more about the program as a whole. I am quite iffy on the fact that their grading is almost entirely letter-grade based, but overall I feel like the school is doing a great job at promoting a collaborative culture.

ACCEPTED!! Interviewed 10/4!! :highfive:

Reactions: 3 users
interviewed 9/30....still havent heard anything

Congrats to everyone that has already been accepted! :D

I am interviewing here this coming Friday, 10/18. Is the interview open-file or closed-file? Are the questions pretty standardized or do they ask some tricky questions?

I am interviewing here this coming Friday, 10/18. Is the interview open-file or closed-file? Are the questions pretty standardized or do they ask some tricky questions?
Open-file, just know your app and basic answers to why medicine, DO etc... Btw, if you guys get an option to be placed on a list for an earlier interview do it. Legit moved my interview date up by 2 months.

Last edited:
Open-file, just know your app and basic answers to why medicine, DO etc... Btw, if you guys get an option to be placed on a list for an earlier interview do it. Legit moved my interview date up by 2 months.

Thank you so much!

Regarding the dinner, the day before the interview, is it formal or informal? Trying to figure out what to wear for that day.

Regarding the dinner, the day before the interview, is it formal or informal? Trying to figure out what to wear for that day.

Business casual is what I’ve seen others recommend.

Nice! Thank you so much.
Either that or just a collared shirt and pants. Anything more formal than business casual you'd stand out. It was just a fun causal talk with 2nd year students. I wouldn't worry too much about you wear. The students that talked to my group mentioned that we could ask anything we wanted because they had no influence on admissions decisions. Good luck!!

Oh and its not a dinner. We just got some cookies lol but they were excellent!

Either that or just a collared shirt and pants. Anything more formal than business casual you'd stand out. It was just a fun causal talk with 2nd year students. I wouldn't worry too much about you wear. The students that talked to my group mentioned that we could ask anything we wanted because they had no influence on admissions decisions. Good luck!!

Oh and its not a dinner. We just got some cookies lol but they were excellent!

Thank you so much. Oh man... I LOVE cookies lol

The interview is definitely open-file, as my faculty interviewers had it right open in front of me. My admissions interview, however, did not have it in front of them, but they asked me questions about it. Also, be prepared to talk! My interviews were back-to-back-to-back, and all of the 1 1/2 hours was spent talking.

Questions are pretty standard, know why DO/why medicine! I'd also be familiar with your application because they like to ask more about it. It also depends on your interviewer too. One of my interviews was 30 minutes of talking about an interesting class I took!

The interview is definitely open-file, as my faculty interviewers had it right open in front of me. My admissions interview, however, did not have it in front of them, but they asked me questions about it. Also, be prepared to talk! My interviews were back-to-back-to-back, and all of the 1 1/2 hours was spent talking.

Questions are pretty standard, know why DO/why medicine! I'd also be familiar with your application because they like to ask more about it. It also depends on your interviewer too. One of my interviews was 30 minutes of talking about an interesting class I took!

Thank you so much for being so thorough! :)

Congrats!! Any advice for interview day since you did well?
For me, it was just simply about being myself. Listen, they offered you an interview which means they like you. If you match the person you are in the flesh with the person you were on paper, they have no reason to not like you. Know why ATSU-KCOM, Why DO, What the 4 tenets of osteopathic medicine are, and make sure you have some questions.

You got this!

For me, it was just simply about being myself. Listen, they offered you an interview which means they like you. If you match the person you are in the flesh with the person you were on paper, they have no reason to not like you. Know why ATSU-KCOM, Why DO, What the 4 tenets of osteopathic medicine are, and make sure you have some questions.

You got this!

Great advice, I appreciate it!

Just declined my acceptance; hope the spot goes to one of you guys! Good luck with the rest of the app cycle!

Interview invite this afternoon. Was completed this morning, so quite the quick turnaround! Only have interviews available in January sadly. Hopefully winter weather won't be an issue as I'll be driving up 6 hours or so! So excited, great school from what I have seen.

Submitted secondary on 9/24, never got a complete email but got a II today!! Signed up for 12/20 afternoon but saw some people here were able to sign up for a waitlist if earlier dates opened up. I didn't get an email that said I could waitlist, should I wait or could I call and ask?

Submitted secondary on 9/24, never got a complete email but got a II today!! Signed up for 12/20 afternoon but saw some people here were able to sign up for a waitlist if earlier dates opened up. I didn't get an email that said I could waitlist, should I wait or could I call and ask?
They send the email to people in the region. Honestly though, it took over a month to get that email. I would give them a call and ask, the worst thing they could say is no. Lol