2019-2020 A.T. Still University (Kirksville, Missouri) ATSU-KCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes, they emailed me at 0930 this morning with the decision. I submitted my secondary June 26th.
Well, that's only one school...when one door closes another opens. Good luck, I'm sure you'll get in!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone just get a text that invites you to the Heartland PreMed Conference? I'm sure this has nothing to do with the process but figured I'd ask

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone just get a text that invites you to the Heartland PreMed Conference? I'm sure this has nothing to do with the process but figured I'd ask
I received one as well

Members don't see this ad :)

I got the same text and saw "ATSU" and "invite" and my heart rate skyrocketed then I looked at the rest of the text ... :cryi:

Reactions: 1 users
I got the same text and saw "ATSU" and "invite" and my heart rate skyrocketed then I looked at the rest of the text ... :cryi:
haha, same!!! Maybe its a good sign *fingers crossed*

Sameeee, my Apple watch said I went from 65 to 80 right after reading it lol

Reactions: 3 users
Ugh same! But that half a second before I kept reading was magical! lol

Playing with our emotions :(

• Haha
This may be a bit optimistic, but does anyone have an idea if a LOR from a KCOM alumni will pull any weight? I've been working hard on my secondary to make sure that if the LOR does help me out, then I'm hoping to receive an II..

This may be a bit optimistic, but does anyone have an idea if a LOR from a KCOM alumni will pull any weight? I've been working hard on my secondary to make sure that if the LOR does help me out, then I'm hoping to receive an II..
Last year I asked an admissions rep this at either KCOM or PCOM and they said yes.

Following. I also have a letter from a KCOM alum!

Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary submitted 7/18/19! Still not marked as complete though.

II!! IS applicant, can’t find complete date because I’m at work.

Reactions: 3 users
Just logged in and scheduled my interview. The earliest they had was September 30!

II OOS scheduled September 30th! Complete 7/5. Does anyone know if its more common one way or another to bring a guest or not? I'm thinking about bringing my wife along to see the area the weekend before since the invite confirmation asks if you plan on bringing anyone. Thoughts?

II OOS scheduled September 30th! Complete 7/5. Does anyone know if its more common one way or another to bring a guest or not? I'm thinking about bringing my wife along to see the area the weekend before since the invite confirmation asks if you plan on bringing anyone. Thoughts?
I have an interview the same day and I’m planning on bringing my wife as well! I think it would be good for her to see the area since there’s a fair chance we’ll be there for a few years. I’ve heard of others doing it and have definitely never heard anything negative about doing it.

Reactions: 4 users
I brought my wife and baby. If you can do it, I think you should. Give your wife a chance to explore kirksville so she knows what you're signing up for. Your time will be occupied, she's the one that is actually going to be living there (while you study).

Reactions: 2 users
Received an II today! Scheduled for 10/7 in the afternoon session.

How is everyone traveling there? Didn’t realize the nearest airport is 130+ miles away lol. I see that there’s a train station 13 miles from Kirksville.

How is everyone traveling there? Didn’t realize the nearest airport is 130+ miles away lol. I see that there’s a train station 13 miles from Kirksville.
I always flew to KC and rented a car. Lots of people fly to St Louis then take the little plane to kirksville.

I always flew to KC and rented a car. Lots of people fly to St Louis then take the little plane to kirksville.

That little plane seems sketch to me lol. I think I’ll do the KC and drive option. How bad is the drive?

That little plane seems sketch to me lol. I think I’ll do the KC and drive option. How bad is the drive?
It's not sketch. No big deal. Do what you please. For me, KC was cheaper to fly into. The drive from St Louis and the drive from KC are similar duration. The drive from St Louis is a little more straightforward and on big roads. Either is no big deal.

It's not sketch. No big deal. Do what you please. For me, KC was cheaper to fly into. The drive from St Louis and the drive from KC are similar duration. The drive from St Louis is a little more straightforward and on big roads. Either is no big deal.

I’ll look into the flights for St Louis. Thanks for the advice!

Do you know how long the interview day will be by chance? Trying to plan if I have time to make it back to KC or STL for a late flight if I do an afternoon session.

EDIT: Just saw the PDF file attached that shows the schedule. My mail app puts PDFs at the bottom so I never see them.

Last edited:

The drive isn’t bad at all. I’d say from Lambert to Kirksville is ~ 3 hours, and you’re on wide open roads. Play some good music and relax :)

The drive isn’t bad at all. I’d say from Lambert to Kirksville is ~ 3 hours, and you’re on wide open roads. Play some good music and relax :)
Agreed, not a bad drive at all!

Does anyone know how many II’s Kirksville sent out last year?

Hmm my secondary was complete 7/2, I haven’t received an email with an II, nor one saying my app is on hold... should I be worried?

II received 07/26, interview scheduled for 10/18! IS & beyond excited about this school! Is anyone else interviewing on 10/18 in the afternoon?

app placed on hold this morning. Has anyone been rejected, or is this basically a rejection?