2019-2020 A.T. Still University (Kirksville, Missouri) ATSU-KCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
app placed on hold this morning. Has anyone been rejected, or is this basically a rejection?
What are your stats??

Members don't see this ad.

app placed on hold this morning. Has anyone been rejected, or is this basically a rejection?
Holds aren't rejections, rejections are rejections. It's only July, give them some time to review the large number of apps they get.

Members don't see this ad :)
My app was placed on hold last year and it never changed until a few weeks ago when they emailed me saying that the class was full, haha

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Don't really know what to think, have been complete since 6/25, but this is one of my top choices. Do they silent reject?

I have been completed since 6/23 and have not gotten a hold, rejection, or interview email. Lol killin me.

Members don't see this ad :)
125/125/126/127
CARS angered me. Was scoring no less than 127 on practice exams...
Me too and I ended up with a 124 so don't beat yourself up. Haha I did get a 507 though. So decent but not balanced...

What do you guys think about bringing a friend as guest to the interview? My family lives far away, but I have a friend willing to make the trip with me? Do you think that this is frowned upon?

What do you guys think about bringing a friend as guest to the interview? My family lives far away, but I have a friend willing to make the trip with me? Do you think that this is frowned upon?
Bringing to Kirksville is fine, but to the interview? Negative.

Bringing to Kirksville is fine, but to the interview? Negative.

Well not into the interview of course, but should I bring her with me to campus? They ask about bringing guests with you on the day of the interview/reception, and I just don't know if that is something that I should do.

Well not into the interview of course, but should I bring her with me to campus? They ask about bringing guests with you on the day of the interview/reception, and I just don't know if that is something that I should do.

If they ask about it, then it is probably fine. Just make sure the person you bring is on his/her best behavior. Anything your friend does can be counted against you... That would be my only hesitation

Personally, I wouldn't.

Bringing someone to campus that's not a spouse, sibling, or parent is just a little odd. This coming from someone who was an "ambassador" years ago and helped take students around campus on their interview days with their guests.

Reactions: 1 users
The secondary application asks for descriptions, dates, and hours of our healthcare experience. For those who received II, did you simply copy and paste your descriptions from your primary application, or is this a big no-no? Are they looking for something more or additional here?

The secondary application asks for descriptions, dates, and hours of our healthcare experience. For those who received II, did you simply copy and paste your descriptions from your primary application, or is this a big no-no? Are they looking for something more or additional here?

If you think about it, they already have your primary. They’ll see that initial description, and if you copy/paste, they’ll notice and it might come off as lazy.

I went into a bit more detail for each experience, kind of like an MME (i.e. what I learned/gained, how this will help me understand what it means to be a physician, etc.). If the healthcare experience was impactful and meaningful, it should be easy to come up with a little more to say about it.

got an ii today! i'm crying im so excited!

Does anyone know anything about this school? I looked up pictures and the city looks a little scary/run down.. is it a safe place? what is the school like? I know its the founding school, but is it still good?

Does anyone know anything about this school? I looked up pictures and the city looks a little scary/run down.. is it a safe place? what is the school like? I know its the founding school, but is it still good?
I lived in Kirksville the past two years and there is not much to do.... at all. But hey, that will give you plenty of time to study! Theres a fun lake and hiking trails nearby but yeah Kirksville is pretty dead. If you have specific questions about Kville or KCOM fire away.

I lived in Kirksville the past two years and there is not much to do.... at all. But hey, that will give you plenty of time to study! Theres a fun lake and hiking trails nearby but yeah Kirksville is pretty dead. If you have specific questions about Kville or KCOM fire away.

After your pre-clinicals in Kirksville, are you basically in another state for the next 2 years for clinicals depending on where you choose? Or do you have to periodically go back to Kirksville?

Rejected today- literally sent my application in a few days ago so I guess my stats were too low. Oh well, good luck everyone!