2020-2021 A.T. Still University (Kirksville, Missouri) ATSU-KCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre interview holds I think mean they are interested in interviewing you, but need some time to compare you against other students. Post interview holds, are a toss up. I suppose it means they are also considering you for acceptance and or waitlist. I would consider it better than a rejection lol
hmm is this considered a pre-interview hold? I don't know if this is considered so, since it looks like a soft Rejection as they will consider me in March/April.

"The Admissions Screening Committee recently reviewed your application materials. At this time, the Committee has placed your file on hold. Your application may be reviewed again at a later date for future consideration (March/April). You may send updates to your file to [email protected]. We will contact you if your status changes.

The Admissions Office will inform you of your status as soon as a final decision has been reached. Thank you for your patience and interest in A.T. Still University-Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine."

Members don't see this ad.

hmm is this considered a pre-interview hold? I don't know if this is considered so, since it looks like a soft Rejection as they will consider me in March/April.

"The Admissions Screening Committee recently reviewed your application materials. At this time, the Committee has placed your file on hold. Your application may be reviewed again at a later date for future consideration (March/April). You may send updates to your file to [email protected]. We will contact you if your status changes.

The Admissions Office will inform you of your status as soon as a final decision has been reached. Thank you for your patience and interest in A.T. Still University-Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine."
That's odd - I'm not sure what that is? My hold email for ATSU-SOMA read, "the Admissions Screening Committee recently reviewed your application materials. At this time, the Committee has placed your file on hold. Your application may be reviewed again at a later date for future consideration."

My only guess is that this email was from earlier in the cycle, and maybe applications being placed on hold, later on, are receiving this?

That's odd - I'm not sure what that is? My hold email for ATSU-SOMA read, "the Admissions Screening Committee recently reviewed your application materials. At this time, the Committee has placed your file on hold. Your application may be reviewed again at a later date for future consideration."

My only guess is that this email was from earlier in the cycle, and maybe applications being placed on hold, later on, are receiving this?
Yes, I got this about a month ago - that makes sense!

Members don't see this ad :)

Yeah I got the same email as you did. Really hope I can get an interview soon since the cycle is close to ending.

Yeah I got the same email as you did. Really hope I can get an interview soon since the cycle is close to ending.
from a intel that I know, SOMA accepted 11 people from this email last year, but KCOM policy might be different. FYI

I'm hoping the best for the both of us!

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone else been APS since December :(

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted pending seat!
Oh sorry, no. Thanks for letting me know what it stands for. Just wondering why they're still saying they're going to send out II's when there are so many people just on this thread that are APS?

Oh sorry, no. Thanks for letting me know what it stands for. Just wondering why they're still saying they're going to send out II's when there are so many people just on this thread that are APS?
I guess they are protecting yield...

I guess they are protecting yield...
Protecting yield will always be there ( to what degree who knows exactly) however I wouldn't count yourselves out. Schools will always send out more acceptances than seats, because they want to fill all those seats; and matriculating students will undoubtedly shift where they decide to attend before classes start. Hence people get accepted late or sometimes even after the school term has begun. Keep the admissions team updated!

Was the interview closed or open file format?
Hey man the interview I afaik know was open file. The interviewed brought up my primary activity section things and also things I mentioned on my secondaries. But those questions were very open ended and the dude was just curious about my timeline of activities. Good luck bro, I have seen you go from complaining about 0 ii's in September-October to multiple A's by now.

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey man the interview I afaik know was open file. The interviewed brought up my primary activity section things and also things I mentioned on my secondaries. But those questions were very open ended and the dude was just curious about my timeline of activities. Good luck bro, I have seen you go from complaining about 0 ii's in September-October to multiple A's by now.
Thanks, really appreciate the encouragement!

• Care
Anyone who was placed on pre-ii hold get an ii or rejection?

Acceptence pending availability today!! So excited. I had already been waitlisted at 3 other schools with one decision still pending.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Texas is competitive. It’s a new site and has a lot of residency options. Fellows have been taking several slots before it becomes available for the Lottery, and several students put it as first choice for the Lottery.
How competitive is the Phoenix site?

Acceptence pending availability today!! So excited. I had already been waitlisted at 3 other schools with one decision still pending.
"you have been selected as an Alternate to the first year class beginning Summer 2021" Is this what your email said too? How is this different from being waitlisted?

I interviewed a week before you and haven't heard back 🙁
Wishing and praying that you get good news!! I've seen you comment on a number of school threads I interviewed at too, and your stats are much higher than mine. This process is such a crapshoot, but I'm sure it will work out/it's not over till it's over :)

• Care
Wishing and praying that you get good news!! I've seen you comment on a number of school threads I interviewed at too, and your stats are much higher than mine. This process is such a crapshoot, but I'm sure it will work out/it's not over till it's over :)
Thank you. Yes, I am waiting to hear back from two schools. I just want to go to medical school 😭.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
"you have been selected as an Alternate to the first year class beginning Summer 2021" Is this what your email said too? How is this different from being waitlisted?
This is what my email said

"Congratulations! You have been approved for acceptance to the Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine pending the availability of a seat. Currently seats in the Class of 2025, beginning in July of 2021 are filled, but not all are secured by a deposit. We are continuing to interview and will fill seats as needed from our waitlist. We are offering you a guaranteed acceptance for classes beginning in July of 2022, if a seat does not become available in the upcoming class. You would not need to reapply, interview or go through any additional processing prior to admittance. You should be ready to accept a seat in the July 2021 class if offered to you."

This is what my email said

"Congratulations! You have been approved for acceptance to the Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine pending the availability of a seat. Currently seats in the Class of 2025, beginning in July of 2021 are filled, but not all are secured by a deposit. We are continuing to interview and will fill seats as needed from our waitlist. We are offering you a guaranteed acceptance for classes beginning in July of 2022, if a seat does not become available in the upcoming class. You would not need to reapply, interview or go through any additional processing prior to admittance. You should be ready to accept a seat in the July 2021 class if offered to you."
Ahhh, thank you! And Congrats!

Is anyone else still waiting on an interview invitation?

Also- has anyone been accepted with a sub 500 score?

Has there been any movement on the aps?
Nothing here... i wonder how many students come off of this list? I really believe a bunch of people are holding onto multiple acceptances and at some point seats will open up... but idk maybe thats just me being hopeful lol

Nothing here... i wonder how many students come off of this list? I really believe a bunch of people are holding onto multiple acceptances and at some point seats will open up... but idk maybe thats just me being hopeful lol
Honestly, with not having to travel, holding a few A's is worth the money since you would have spent that money traveling anyways. However, this cycle is unique, so we really don't know how it will shape out. I'm praying for all of us to get the best outcome.

Interviewed 3/5, just received an email saying I was put on the Alternate list.

Do you mind sharing if it was APS or alternate?
Isn't the alternate list the WL? I was under the impression that available seats would first go to those on the APS then to students on the alternate list? Can anyone confirm?

Isn't the alternate list the WL? I was under the impression that available seats would first go to those on the APS then to students on the alternate list? Can anyone confirm?
I’m confused with the terminology also. Is APS and Alternate list the same or different?

I’m confused with the terminology also. Is APS and Alternate list the same or different?
I thought they were two different things, but I have not really seen anyone say they have been put on an alternate list or what that particular email would say for example. I also feel like no one gets outright rejected post interview, but I could be wrong

I thought they were two different things, but I have not really seen anyone say they have been put on an alternate list or what that particular email would say for example. I also feel like no one gets outright rejected post interview, but I could be wrong
Here was the email I received for the alternate list...

"The Admissions Committee of the Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine has reviewed your application and wishes to inform you that you have been selected as an Alternate to the first year class beginning Summer 2021. An acceptance may be possible should openings arise. Ranking of this list is not available. We will check in with you in late May to ask if you would like to still be considered for open seats.

In the event you are not accepted for admission this year, your Alternate status is for this year’s class only and is not to be considered as an acceptance to any future class. If additional academic coursework is completed, transcripts should be forwarded to us immediately."

Reactions: 2 users