2019-2020 A.T. Still University (Kirksville, Missouri) ATSU-KCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got the call, ACCEPTED! Interviewed 10/18.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
I just got called for acceptance too! Interviewed 10/18

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted! Interviewed 10/18. Such a freaking fast turn around!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew my interview for Nov 1st! Hope someone can make it!

They send the email to people in the region. Honestly though, it took over a month to get that email. I would give them a call and ask, the worst thing they could say is no. Lol
I was planning on calling today but just got the email for it anyways!!

Also got the email for possible earlier interview date. My current one is scheduled for January 17, so I would love an earlier date

Lucky enough that I got a November 8th interview date! So glad I don’t have to wait until January. This might be my top choice.

Received the acceptance call. Interviewed 10/21

• Love
Accepted!!!! I love this school! Interviewed 10/18!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Not really. Know your application front and back and understand the tenants of osteopathic medicine.

Other than one of the interviewers quoting something funny from a LOR that he wanted me to elaborate on, I agree.

Anything out of the ordinary in the interview?
When I interviewed with Dr. Geisbuhler, he heard me mention being an advocate for patients, and then threw me a curveball and asked me why I didn't go into politics instead of medicine. He was a really cool guy though and this is the only "out of the ordinary" example I have.

Every other interviewer was really great and super professional. Like others have said, just know your tenets and application.

Withdrawing my acceptance. Best of luck to you all.

Interviewed 10/25. Got an email this morning saying their decision won’t come until January now.

Surprised because I felt like this was my best interview yet. Really enjoyed talking to all 3 of my interviewers. My stats are above the class average and during the interview they spoke highly of my ECs. I’m baffled. o_O

Interviewed 10/25. Got an email this morning saying their decision won’t come until January now.

Surprised because I felt like this was my best interview yet. Really enjoyed talking to all 3 of my interviewers. My stats are above the class average and during the interview they spoke highly of my ECs. I’m baffled. o_O
Ditto, interviewed 10/28. May just withdraw my app after recently getting accepted to KCU tbh.

Interviewing here Friday. Nervous as I have seen some people put on hold. Any insights to the interview worth sharing? Thanks in advance!

What do people wear to the reception the night before the interview?

Interviewing here Friday. Nervous as I have seen some people put on hold. Any insights to the interview worth sharing? Thanks in advance!

Accepted earlier this cycle. My top three pieces of advice: 1) be friendly, they are truly holistic and want to see if your personalities/interests match on top of you knowing about osteopathy (although I was also given the chance to elaborate on a couple low grades in undergrad xD), 2) mail a basic thank you right away, they value this and I think it can almost substitute as a LOI in terms of showing your interested (doesn't have to be long/complicated though), and 3) be yourself and in doing so be memorable; be relaxed, ask genuine questions if you have them, take a deep breath, apart from maybe the osteopathy there isn't anything you won't have an answer to just by being yourself. Let your walls down a little and pretend you've known them for a while in terms of how comfortable/open you can be. I shared some

As far as the osteopathy goes, I think it can be hard to explain why you're interested without just sounding like you're regurgitating definitions. Over the next few days keep rethinking why you like it, at its core, and you'll come up with a more genuine and refined reason. For example, I commented on my experiences shadowing a DO and how his practice revolved around touch, and that I am a tactile person and enjoy working with my hands--which sounds really corny but its true to me personally. Once again it kinda sounds cliche, but I don't think there is a wrong answer. So if you embrace that, and can articulate your passions/reasons and can slightly defend them, I think you're in a good position.

But if you need a tldr: be friendly in a sincere way (not neurotic pre-med like we tend to do:p), the 1 thing everyone in Kville has in common is that they're humble, amazing, welcoming people and they need to see you as one of their own. (Disclaimer: This is not to discredit/discourage people who have not been accepted; there certainly are many qualified applicants and of course I can't be sure why any one chosen or not.)

Good luck!:)

Accepted earlier this cycle. My top three pieces of advice: 1) be friendly, they are truly holistic and want to see if your personalities/interests match on top of you knowing about osteopathy (although I was also given the chance to elaborate on a couple low grades in undergrad xD), 2) mail a basic thank you right away, they value this and I think it can almost substitute as a LOI in terms of showing your interested (doesn't have to be long/complicated though), and 3) be yourself and in doing so be memorable; be relaxed, ask genuine questions if you have them, take a deep breath, apart from maybe the osteopathy there isn't anything you won't have an answer to just by being yourself. Let your walls down a little and pretend you've known them for a while in terms of how comfortable/open you can be. I shared some

As far as the osteopathy goes, I think it can be hard to explain why you're interested without just sounding like you're regurgitating definitions. Over the next few days keep rethinking why you like it, at its core, and you'll come up with a more genuine and refined reason. For example, I commented on my experiences shadowing a DO and how his practice revolved around touch, and that I am a tactile person and enjoy working with my hands--which sounds really corny but its true to me personally. Once again it kinda sounds cliche, but I don't think there is a wrong answer. So if you embrace that, and can articulate your passions/reasons and can slightly defend them, I think you're in a good position.

But if you need a tldr: be friendly in a sincere way (not neurotic pre-med like we tend to do:p), the 1 thing everyone in Kville has in common is that they're humble, amazing, welcoming people and they need to see you as one of their own. (Disclaimer: This is not to discredit/discourage people who have not been accepted; there certainly are many qualified applicants and of course I can't be sure why any one chosen or not.)

Good luck!:)
Thank you for the reply! I appreciate it greatly. Congrats too!

Withdrawing my acceptance from the school! Hope it goes to one of you all :cat:

Interviewed here today and it was amazing. Very well ran interview day. Tuition cost is a bit scary, but it really seemed like a great place to receive an education. Can’t wait to hear back!

Weird question guys, and maybe I should call the school instead. I have an annual physical exam coming up and want to get my immunizations/titers done at that time (two birds, one stone). Do we get a matriculation packet after we pay deposit with immunization forms or how do we go about immunizations? My apologies if this is not the best place to ask, but maybe someone on here has the answer.

Do we get a matriculation packet after we pay deposit with immunization forms or how do we go about immunizations?

Please report back if you find out. I won't be able to pay the deposit for a few more weeks

I will call tomorrow when I have the extra time during work and let you guys know!
I emailed the woman in charge of this a week or two ago and she told me this:
"
Congratulations on your acceptance! I will send out emails starting at the beginning of 2020. These emails will include instructions. In the meantime, I encourage you to review our requirements:

The following immunizations/screenings are REQUIRED by Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine:
· Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis Vaccination Series: This series includes a minimum of 4 inoculations.
· TDAP or TD (Must be no older than 10 years): These vaccines are booster doses in addition to the DTP series above) The TDAP includes a booster for Diphtheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis. The TD excludes Pertussis. Either vaccine is accepted as the booster. While an active KCOM student, if your vaccination expires you will be required to get a new dose.
· Polio Series or Type I & Type III Titers: This series includes a minimum of 4 inoculations. If documentation cannot be produced than the Titers are required.
· MMR Series or MMR Titers: This series includes a minimum of 2 inoculations. If documentation cannot be provided than Titers are required.
· Hepatitis B Series: This series includes a minimum of 3 inoculations.
· Positive Hepatitis B Surface Antibody Titer: The Titer is a requirement regardless of whether the series is documented for or not. If titer result is negative, review follow-up protocol below.
· Varicella Series or Titer: The series includes a minimum of 2 inoculations. If documentation cannot be produced, then a titer is required.
· Tuberculosis Screening: Cannot be older than January 1, 2020: TB Skin Test, TB Gold, and TB Chest X-Ray are all accepted to meet this requirement. As a KCOM student, you will be required to get an annual screening.
· Meningitis: 1 inoculation is required.
· Influenza: As a KCOM student you are required to have an annual flu vaccine. The first required Flu vaccine for the 2024 class will be fall of 2020.
Hepatitis B Surface Antibody Negative Result Follow-Up Options:
1. Repeat the 3 vaccination series & repeat Surface Antibody Titer 1-2 months after
2. Receive 1 booster vaccination & repeat Surface Antibody Titer 1-2 months after (if the titer is still negative, proceed with completion of the series and additional titer).
The following immunizations/screening are RECOMMENDATIONS by Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine:
· Hepatitis A Series: Includes 2 vaccinations.
· MMR Titers: Becoming increasingly more requested by rotation sites during the 3rd/4th year.
What is the difference between a vaccine and titer?: A vaccination provides antibodies to provide immunity. A Titer tests for antibodies to prove immunity. A Titer proves lifetime immunity.
Thanks!
Jordyn Allen

"

I emailed the woman in charge of this a week or two ago and she told me this:
"
Congratulations on your acceptance! I will send out emails starting at the beginning of 2020. These emails will include instructions. In the meantime, I encourage you to review our requirements:

The following immunizations/screenings are REQUIRED by Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine:
· Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis Vaccination Series: This series includes a minimum of 4 inoculations.
· TDAP or TD (Must be no older than 10 years): These vaccines are booster doses in addition to the DTP series above) The TDAP includes a booster for Diphtheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis. The TD excludes Pertussis. Either vaccine is accepted as the booster. While an active KCOM student, if your vaccination expires you will be required to get a new dose.
· Polio Series or Type I & Type III Titers: This series includes a minimum of 4 inoculations. If documentation cannot be produced than the Titers are required.
· MMR Series or MMR Titers: This series includes a minimum of 2 inoculations. If documentation cannot be provided than Titers are required.
· Hepatitis B Series: This series includes a minimum of 3 inoculations.
· Positive Hepatitis B Surface Antibody Titer: The Titer is a requirement regardless of whether the series is documented for or not. If titer result is negative, review follow-up protocol below.
· Varicella Series or Titer: The series includes a minimum of 2 inoculations. If documentation cannot be produced, then a titer is required.
· Tuberculosis Screening: Cannot be older than January 1, 2020: TB Skin Test, TB Gold, and TB Chest X-Ray are all accepted to meet this requirement. As a KCOM student, you will be required to get an annual screening.
· Meningitis: 1 inoculation is required.
· Influenza: As a KCOM student you are required to have an annual flu vaccine. The first required Flu vaccine for the 2024 class will be fall of 2020.
Hepatitis B Surface Antibody Negative Result Follow-Up Options:
1. Repeat the 3 vaccination series & repeat Surface Antibody Titer 1-2 months after
2. Receive 1 booster vaccination & repeat Surface Antibody Titer 1-2 months after (if the titer is still negative, proceed with completion of the series and additional titer).
The following immunizations/screening are RECOMMENDATIONS by Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine:
· Hepatitis A Series: Includes 2 vaccinations.
· MMR Titers: Becoming increasingly more requested by rotation sites during the 3rd/4th year.
What is the difference between a vaccine and titer?: A vaccination provides antibodies to provide immunity. A Titer tests for antibodies to prove immunity. A Titer proves lifetime immunity.
Thanks!
Jordyn Allen

"

Thank you!! I appreciate it. I'll just reschedule my physical for next year then.

I'm a little late posting this, I was marked complete 10/30/19 and I received my interview invitation 10/30/19. I am interviewing 1/17/19!

I've yet to find a drug that gives you a high as much as being accepted does :D (But don't take drugs)

Interviewed 11/4

Hoping those from 11/8 interview will hear back this week! Their fast turnaround is definitely appreciated.

Interviewed 11/8. Got the Acceptance call late last week! Also, I have lived in Kirksville for the past 3.5 years if anyone has questions about the area.

Can anyone help me? I was complete 10/1 and still no II? From what I see most people got IIs pretty soon after being complete. Is anyone else still waiting? I am seriously freaking out. Ugh

Can anyone help me? I was complete 10/1 and still no II? From what I see most people got IIs pretty soon after being complete. Is anyone else still waiting? I am seriously freaking out. Ugh
To add to this, the status page says "
Please allow a minimum of 2 weeks for processing after you submit your secondary application before checking your status." Did anyone get a notification within 2 weeks?

To add to this, the status page says "
Please allow a minimum of 2 weeks for processing after you submit your secondary application before checking your status." Did anyone get a notification within 2 weeks?
I believe I got a notification a day or so right after sending secondary. It didn’t take long.

Sorry. Could you explain what notification you got?
If you haven’t gotten anything regarding being complete after a week I would email them to see if there is no problems with the portal or something. It never hurts to check. Bc from my experience and what I know they usually send out a complete email pretty soon after secondary is sent out.

Accepted today! Interviewed 11/18

Being complete does not warrant an II. Still early in the cycle.. Be patient is my best advice.

Probably dumb question: How do you pay the deposit? They called me this morning. Do they send an email with instructions for a deposit?

Probably dumb question: How do you pay the deposit? They called me this morning. Do they send an email with instructions for a deposit?

They'll send you an acceptance email which has you log in if you want to accept the offer. You log onto the portal, then click "KCOM", then "admissions offer", then "admissions fee", then "proceed to payment". Hope that helps!

Last edited: