2018-2019 University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine (UIWSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey! I'm a current student, I was also interviewed in December and was waitlisted. I got off the waitlist the first week of June and I know people that were accepted after that.

That is wonderful to hear!! Was it difficult to find housing and complete all the Castle Branch requirements in time?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone's know if the wait list is ranked? Or is it a random pool?

They added a couple more people to the Facebook group, has anyone from the waitlist heard anything?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew my acceptance here. Good luck to everyone on the wait list, you got this!

Reactions: 4 users
Withdrew my acceptance this afternoon. Hope one of you gets it :)

Reactions: 4 users
Withdrew my acceptance today, hope one of you gets it

Interviewed 1/19, Waitlisted 2/1, Accepted 4/30

^ late update but I wanted to share for any other students that are waiting to hear back from the waitlist!

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone have any waitlist statistics from the past two years? Such as percentage accepted?

Just got accepted but I’m going withdraw my acceptance! I hope one of y’all get it!

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been accepted off the waitlist today at 3pm. Good luck to you guys!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys longtime lurker, interviewed on 3/28, waitlisted 2 weeks after. Did anyone get accepted from March waitlist yet?

For those still working on the Castlebranch stuff, for the Health Insurance requirement, is there a form or something to upload that would satisfy that requirement? I currently do not have a health insurance plan, but I will be using the insurance that the school provides. Is there an online for that I can upload? Please and Thank you!

For those still working on the Castlebranch stuff, for the Health Insurance requirement, is there a form or something to upload that would satisfy that requirement? I currently do not have a health insurance plan, but I will be using the insurance that the school provides. Is there an online for that I can upload? Please and Thank you!
form*

when will the step 1 averages for the school be published?

Reactions: 1 user

According to the website, you automatically get enrolled in the student health insurance plan, if you don't submit a waiver by July 1st. At least that's the way I read it:

July 1, 2019 – Review the health insurance plan

According to the website, you automatically get enrolled in the student health insurance plan, if you don't submit a waiver by July 1st. At least that's the way I read it:

July 1, 2019 – Review the health insurance plan
Thank you!

Received a secondary invite today! AACOMAS verified on 06/08. Good luck, all! :soexcited:
Hi, I'm looking forward to applying to upcoming cycle my stats are cumulative 3.4, and science 3.5. Do you think I'm competitive enough. Do you mind sharing your stats. Thank you

Facebook group numbers are down again.. has anyone on the waitlist still heard anything?

I received an acceptance phone call today at 2pm. Good luck to those still waiting, it's still not too late !

Interviewed 11/3 and waitlisted! Does anyone have any information on stats of waitlist to acceptances? Hoping to be a part of the UIWSOM community! I loved the school!
Did you end up getting accepted? If so, when?

I'm really sorry about that! I feel like not many people got accepted off the waitlist. :/
They actually did accept I believe about 30 off of the waitlist, but I was just too low on it! It's all good :) Things happen for a reason.

They actually did accept I believe about 30 off of the waitlist, but I was just too low on it! It's all good :) Things happen for a reason.
Did you ever send a letter of intent? Does thank increase ranking on the waitlist?