2018-2019 University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine (UIWSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know is it’s worth sending in an update for a pre-interview hold
I sent one in last week and it hasn't done much for me so far.

Members don't see this ad.

At this point, is there still a chance for people on the pre-interview hold?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did they even respond to it . I guess at this point I may just take it as a rejection and move on .
They did respond saying that my application is still considered and that they continue with interviews to early spring. I'm trying not to expect too much at this point.

They did respond saying that my application is still considered and that they continue with interviews to early spring. I'm trying not to expect too much at this point.
hmmm I see. I sent in my secondary early october

Has anyone heard about acceptances, waitlist or rejections from interviewing 2/21 -- 2/22 ?

Reactions: 1 user
The interview was all MMI. There were quite a few kids there and no one on one time with the admissions people really. That being said, I really liked being able to talk to the students taking us around the campus as much as we did.

Is it a group MMI interview? Like we answers questions as a group for each station? And what time is the actual MMI for an interview day that begins at 12pm-6pm?

Is it a group MMI interview? Like we answers questions as a group for each station? And what time is the actual MMI for an interview day that begins at 12pm-6pm?
It's been a while and I'm just going off the top of my head, but for a 12-6 slot I would think the MMI portion would start around 3. And it wasn't all group. Some were individual. Some were in pairs. They definitely keep you on your feet.

It's a multi-station MMI. There's no "group" portion of the MMI. You and you cohort rotate through stations in a circuit visiting each one alone.

Joe starts at station 1, Suzy at 2, Phil at 3, etc..

There was a group activity but this was separate from the MMI. It is evaluated as well.

Has anyone who is waitlisted heard anything?

First year just stopping by... For anyone on the waitlist, I interviewed last year in December got waitlisted, then accepted in late May. So don't give up.

Reactions: 5 users
when will the first class' average step score info be out?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Have any accepted people received info about immunizations, etc. in the mail? All the previous links to their website are down.

Reactions: 2 users
Have any accepted people received info about immunizations, etc. in the mail? All the previous links to their website are down.

I was wondering the same thing. I have not received anything yet. The last item received was the journal.

Does anyone know if there will be more interviews?

Has anyone been able to contact the administration since the website changed? I have been trying to find out what is going on with the background checks, transcripts, and all the other stuff we have to complete before matriculation, but I haven't been able to get a hold of anyone. I'm going to keep trying, but if any of you have heard from them since then I'd appreciate the help.

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone been able to contact the administration since the website changed? I have been trying to find out what is going on with the background checks, transcripts, and all the other stuff we have to complete before matriculation, but I haven't been able to get a hold of anyone. I'm going to keep trying, but if any of you have heard from them since then I'd appreciate the help.
I just looked at the website, and the incoming student section has been updated with alot more information (background checks, scrubs, etc).

First year just stopping by... For anyone on the waitlist, I interviewed last year in December got waitlisted, then accepted in late May. So don't give up.

Hello! I was wondering if you did anything to help your acceptance?

So they want us to send additional official transcripts from all schools where we took classes at? Kind of redundant but okay :)

Do any current students care to shed some light on what specifically "Family Orientation" is all about? I see it as an upcoming event for accepted students.

Has anybody who interviewed on ,03/28/19 heard anything back yet

Did any of y’all get that email about the waitlist still being active?

Hello! I was wondering if you did anything to help your acceptance?

Sending an email to the admissions contact with a statement of your interest in the school and how you can help further the school's mission is always good :) My friend did this and was able to get off of the waitlist within one week after sending the email.

Also, if anyone is looking for guaranteed affordable housing, my friend from UIWSOM is moving to Laredo for his OMS-III rotations and needs someone to take over his lease that ends Sept 19, 2019. He didn't sign up to go to Laredo, it was a random assignment. You can move in officially on June 1st, but he may be moving out earlier, so talk to him about that.

The apartment is a 1 bedroom, 1 bath, w/ a laundromat in the complex (it's a stone's throw from his building). If you help him out and finish out his lease for him, he will subsidize your rent out of his own pocket to $640/month (includes cable, water and trash). If interested, send him an email at: [email protected].

Good luck to everyone with this application cycle!

Has anyone heard/seen anything about UIW’s COMLEX scores being released?

OMS II are taking their COMLEX May-June so scores should be released after that (this is their first class to take it)

Oh for some reason I thought they took theirs in March, thanks for the info

Would any current first years share their exam schedule for this year? I've found the academic calendar online, but I am interested in where the exams fall into it and if there are breaks after each block or they roll right into the next. Thanks in advance!

Would any current first years share their exam schedule for this year? I've found the academic calendar online, but I am interested in where the exams fall into it and if there are breaks after each block or they roll right into the next. Thanks in advance!
Exams are done before holiday breaks except Christmas break which splits that unit almost evenly (the exams happened a few weeks after we returned from break).

For exams not scheduled around holidays, we usually have tests on Monday-Wednesday and are off Thursday and Friday. The new unit begins on the following Monday.

An exception to that was Thanksgiving in which we had one exam on a Friday and the other two on the Monday and Tuesday of Thanksgiving week (so we were off Wednesday-Friday). Hope this helps.

Exams are done before holiday breaks except Christmas break which splits that unit almost evenly (the exams happened a few weeks after we returned from break).

For exams not scheduled around holidays, we usually have tests on Monday-Wednesday and are off Thursday and Friday. The new unit begins on the following Monday.

An exception to that was Thanksgiving in which we had one exam on a Friday and the other two on the Monday and Tuesday of Thanksgiving week (so we were off Wednesday-Friday). Hope this helps.

Thanks! So for this example:
Monday – Friday, February 18 – 22 Unit 3 Exam Review Days
Thursday – Friday, February 28 – March 1 Unit 3 Reassessments

Would exams take place the M-W before the "Reassessments"?

Thanks! So for this example:
Monday – Friday, February 18 – 22 Unit 3 Exam Review Days
Thursday – Friday, February 28 – March 1 Unit 3 Reassessments

Would exams take place the M-W before the "Reassessments"?
So we have the exams and usually a couple of weeks after that we have exam reviews (it's done two times in that week) in which we are able to see what we put and compare that to what they suggested we put. FYI it takes that long (10ish days) for them to finish grading them because they are all written exams., we have no multiple choice exams.

The reassessment time is for those that didn't pass the first time and can retake the exam again (different questions). They get a couple of weeks to study after the exam review week so they were able to see where they went wrong and ask faculty what they can do to improve.

So we have the exams and usually a couple of weeks after that we have exam reviews (it's done two times in that week) in which we are able to see what we put and compare that to what they suggested we put. FYI it takes that long (10ish days) for them to finish grading them because they are all written exams., we have no multiple choice exams.

The reassessment time is for those that didn't pass the first time and can retake the exam again (different questions). They get a couple of weeks to study after the exam review week so they were able to see where they went wrong and ask faculty what they can do to improve.

Super helpful--thanks again!

Hey guys,
If anyone is looking at places in San Antonio, my apartment complex (Aviator at Brooks) is offering $500 referral bonuses. The complex is located like 3 minutes from the campus, nice and modern, and cheaper than the Kennedy (which is directly next to the campus). I've lived in my 1 bedroom place for almost 10 months now and it's been great! If anyone is interested or has any questions about the Aviator (or any general UIWSOM questions-glad to help) just message me!

Hey guys! Any current students on here that were accepted off the waitlist? Anyone know when the last date is to hear back? Any advise? Was interviewed on 12/14 and was waitlisted.

Okay quick question about the Castlebranch immunizations and stuff. I already made an account and placed the order. Do we fax them or upload our immunization sheet and they check off which immunizations we have or don't have or how exactly does that work? The drug test is pretty straightforward.

Okay quick question about the Castlebranch immunizations and stuff. I already made an account and placed the order. Do we fax them or upload our immunization sheet and they check off which immunizations we have or don't have or how exactly does that work? The drug test is pretty straightforward.

Proof of each immunization will have to be uploaded separately under its corresponding tab (even if you are uploading the same doc multiple times). I believe you have the option to fax but I just uploaded everything. They will review everything that you submit and either accept or deny it. For certain immunizations they may add a new requirement for a booster (in my case I had to get two Hep B boosters).

Proof of each immunization will have to be uploaded separately under its corresponding tab (even if you are uploading the same doc multiple times). I believe you have the option to fax but I just uploaded everything. They will review everything that you submit and either accept or deny it. For certain immunizations they may add a new requirement for a booster (in my case I had to get two Hep B boosters).
Thank you!

Hey guys! Any current students on here that were accepted off the waitlist? Anyone know when the last date is to hear back? Any advise? Was interviewed on 12/14 and was waitlisted.
I was waitlisted too! Interviewed 11/3. Hoping to hear back soon

I was waitlisted too! Interviewed 11/3. Hoping to hear back soon

I too was waitlisted and interviewed 10/13. I hope after May 15 there is some movement!

Hey! I'm a current student, I was also interviewed in December and was waitlisted. I got off the waitlist the first week of June and I know people that were accepted after that.

Reactions: 2 users