2017-2018 University of Rochester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Week 7 and still waiting. At this point I just want closure until Traffic Day

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed early Feb and still haven't heard any response from admissions either. :(

To those of you who are still waiting for a response - have you sent in the CSS yet or are you waiting until you get an admissions decision to send it? $25 to send the CSS is still money...

Interviewed early Feb and still haven't heard any response from admissions either. :(

To those of you who are still waiting for a response - have you sent in the CSS yet or are you waiting until you get an admissions decision to send it? $25 to send the CSS is still money...
Wait what’s CSS?

Wait what’s CSS?

It is a college board sponsored financial aid profile that certain schools use to determine how much need-based aid you will receive.

I only did CSS for accepted schools fwiw.

Has anyone received High Priority Wait List this year? Noticed that some people last cycle did...

Nope, not until they hand out a decision. I’d rather not dish out the $25 until I decide it’s worth staying on the wait list if they waitlist me.

Got waitlisted just now, interviewed end of Feb. So I guess they are giving out some decisions...

EDIT: just curious, anyone get accepted recently?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got waitlisted, interviewed end of Feb. How much waitlist movement do we expect?

WL also. Interviewed early Feb. Last year the WL movement was VERY minimal. According to MSAR it was like 38 out of 350-400.

So excited, relieved, and humbled to say I just got accepted here! My first acceptance. Interviewed mid-February.

Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Waitlisted as well. Interviewed early Feb. Congrats to those accepted!

@icedude2010 yep, joining the ole waitlist, really thought this interview went well... Time to wait I guess

Shoot man, thought we had this one in the bag! I actually felt great about my interviews also, kind of bummed because of that.

Feel like I just got ghosted after a first date that I thought went really well :hungover:

Has anyone received their financial aid package yet?

If anyone is considering HPSP we are in the final couple months you can apply. All 255 slots will be gone in June/Jul. Just wanted to post an FYI for URMC since this is a school in my area. Good luck for those of you on the waitlist and for those of you that were accepted say hi at orientation!

Has anyone received their financial aid package yet?

Earlier this week. Sent in my reply yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roughly how long would you say that took after submitting your docs/ acceptance (depending on what sequence that was in)? Thx!

Pretty fast turn around. Less than a week between submitting my docs and getting the package, in my case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Withdrew today, hope it goes to one of you!!

is everyone pre-ii rejected at this point? i haven't gotten any update since the secondary confirmation

Withdrawing. Rochester was by far my favorite interview day-- first time I went drinking with interviewees post interview. Good luck everyone :)

p.s- As someone from the West Coast I will forever be in awe and jealousy of the store chain that is Wegmans. Its like Costco and trader Joes had a love child, who then had a love child with Whole foods.

Reactions: 7 users
Hey guys, if you were accepted from the waitlist, please fill out the survey tracker. It will benefit future applicants. You can find it here. Thanks!

Hey, has anyone received their email info yet? I sent in my phone number for the DUO registration last week but havent heard anything. Just worried that I might have been forgotten! haha

Hey, has anyone received their email info yet? I sent in my phone number for the DUO registration last week but havent heard anything. Just worried that I might have been forgotten! haha
No, nothing yet. We're in the same boat.

Would any of yall accepted folks be interested in swapping an acceptance w me? I'm in at Tufts but waitlisted at Rochester, which is my #1. I figured if somebody had the inverse situation, we could try to pull a late cycle switcheroo :laugh:

Only half joking at this point.... :p

Would any of yall accepted folks be interested in swapping an acceptance w me? I'm in at Tufts but waitlisted at Rochester, which is my #1. I figured if somebody had the inverse situation, we could try to pull a late cycle switcheroo :laugh:

Only half joking at this point.... :p
what specialty is this for?

what specialty is this for?
From your post history, it seems like you're looking to swap residency positions? This thread is actually for University of Rochester medical school, just so you know. Best of luck though!

Update: I am now willing to trade a seat at Case Western. Any takers? Who wants to make history with me and become the first incoming med students to ever pull off a seat swap?? :highfive:

Update: I am now willing to trade a seat at Case Western. Any takers? Who wants to make history with me and become the first incoming med students to ever pull off a seat swap?? :highfive:

I would actually be down to trade my seat at Rochester for one at Case

Reactions: 1 users
I would actually be down to trade my seat at Rochester for one at Case

Im on here daily because I really want to matriculate at the UofR off the WL (been yearning for even the slightest WL movement).

Never thought id drop a comment, but this situation btwn you two is hilarious. Hope the swap works, gl!

Im on here daily because I really want to matriculate at the UofR off the WL (been yearning for even the slightest WL movement).

Never thought id drop a comment, but this situation btwn you two is hilarious. Hope the swap works, gl!

LOL a swap would never work and I wouldn't actually go through with it even if it did considering I've never visited Case before. My interview day at Rochester was by far my favorite out of all the schools I interviewed at so id be too scared to give it up hahah

LOL a swap would never work and I wouldn't actually go through with it even if it did considering I've never visited Case before. My interview day at Rochester was by far my favorite out of all the schools I interviewed at so id be too scared to give it up hahah

Haha damn dude, I was about to ask if you were actually on the WL at Case, cause I was ready to try to go through with this...

Odds are small to begin with even if we both had opposite WL/acceptances. But without you having even interviewed there, there's no chance in hell that a school would accept you just because you have an acceptance to another school.