2017-2018 University of Missouri - Columbia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone that has interviewed recently gotten any kind of update in what the class size will be?
I didn't recently but no. . . that's not very helpful haha

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone that has interviewed recently gotten any kind of update in what the class size will be?

They explicitly told my group that they're waiting for state finances to shake down, which they won't know until mid February. That'll be the biggest determinant of class size

Members don't see this ad :)
They explicitly told my group that they're waiting for state finances to shake down, which they won't know until mid February. That'll be the biggest determinant of class size
I guess that just means a lot more people will be accepted in Feb/March

I love how their rejection email doubles up as advertising for their other programs.

Reactions: 2 users
They don't reject post-II until March when they formulate the WL and fill the remaining acceptances.

Say the class size is 128 again, then they'll accept up to that number and make a WL of 128 people. The rest get the axe.

Yea that's what I was told about the class size during my interview. I was just trying to see if they had started rejecting people who had already interviewed.

@DrDwayneJohnson
Do you have any idea the number of people they are accepting in a month? I asked in the interview but they gave a very non committal "a few each month".

Members don't see this ad :)
They accepted 12 my month (October), not sure about the others.

Reactions: 1 user
@DrDwayneJohnson
Do you have any idea the number of people they are accepting in a month? I asked in the interview but they gave a very non committal "a few each month".

My best guess is 6-10. Honestly, my advice is to just sit back and relax until ~March 15th. That's when they'll accept like 40 people and formulate the WL.

Note: 3/15 isn't a for sure. It's just my estimate of when this all happened last year.

Does anyone know about when January status email gets sent out?

They don't reject post-II until March when they formulate the WL and fill the remaining acceptances.

Say the class size is 128 again, then they'll accept up to that number and make a WL of 128 people. The rest get the axe.

I believe a friend of mine got rejected a month after his interview in the last application cycle. He interviewed in December.

They do post II rejections before March. From what they said on my date, if your committee scores aren’t high enough then you’ll be rejected

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone have any advice for the interview? An hour seems like a really long time to talk about myself, I love this school and I really want to kill this interview

Anyone have any advice for the interview? An hour seems like a really long time to talk about myself, I love this school and I really want to kill this interview
Just be yourself and make it conversational.

I cancelled my interview here on January 22nd. I hope one of you gets my spot! Xx

Long time lurker here. Just got an II on 1/18, completed 8/20. The dream lives on!

I think phone calls come 9-11ish typically. Email around noon to 3ish.

I'm not getting my hopes up because MU still doesn't know what their class size is going to be so I think they have been accepting less than usual.

Interviewed earlier this week. Said committee meets next Wednesday, decisions days after, early feb.

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed earlier this week. Said committee meets next Wednesday, decisions days after, early feb.

Little Homie, thank you for updating us! I am sure people are reaching an asymptote of anxiety.

Reactions: 5 users
They told us they are reluctant to accept people as they still don't know the class size, only people above a high threshold score will be accepted. Sounds like the significant majority of interviewees still waiting will have to wait til March. We were told the governor had released his budget proposal earlier this week, detailing something like 70-90 million being removed from higher education and being placed into K-12. Made clear the budget could be changed as it is reviewed by the state legislative committees. They have been appealing to other sources for funding. Class size could end up being somewhere in the 110s. All I really remember, correct me if I'm wrong on the budget details.

They told us they are reluctant to accept people as they still don't know the class size, only people above a high threshold score will be accepted. Sounds like the significant majority of interviewees still waiting will have to wait til March. We were told the governor had released his budget proposal earlier this week, detailing something like 70-90 million being removed from higher education and being placed into K-12. Made clear the budget could be changed as it is reviewed by the state legislative committees. They have been appealing to other sources for funding. Class size could end up being somewhere in the 110s. All I really remember, correct me if I'm wrong on the budget details.

Oh, Eric...

Reactions: 3 users
Nothing yet. Any phone calls or emails anybody? Should we consider early Feb???

It will probably be this Thursday or Friday if the committee is meeting on Wednesday

I interviewed yesterday and we were told the same story. They also said acceptance calls will go out end of this week or early next week, so hold in there folks! We will know soon!

In my email it said they’d be done with all the application reviews by march. Would results be sent out more like early march or late march?!

In my email it said they’d be done with all the application reviews by march. Would results be sent out more like early march or late march?!
I'm just taking a guess here, but their second look date is March 17 so I'm assuming it would be before then

I would think mid March. There is the possibility it could be later than usual due uncertainty surrounding the budget. It would be interesting if they expect the class size to be 96 in March when most of the decisions go out but later find out they have the resources for 128. Maybe we can call our state representatives and they will listen. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: