2021-2022 Missouri, Columbia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IS applicant here. Submitted my verified AMCAS application on 8/4/2021 and still didn't get any secondaries. Anyone in the same situation? Please let me know.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys, current M1 at Mizzou here. Please feel free to reach out with any questions you have about the School of Medicine or Columbia in general. I was rejected my first year applying here and was accepted to multiple schools (including Mizzou) my second year, so I have lots of helpful "do's" and "don'ts."
Hey! Could you touch on what you believe made the difference in your second year applying? Also, do you know how friendly Mizzou is with traditional, lower stat, and IS applicants? I wanted to apply early decision here but my MCAT was too low.

Little birdy told me first interviews are 9/29. This is pretty on par with past years.

Be watching for IIs soon.

Good luck.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Little birdy told me first interviews are 9/29. This is pretty on par with past years.

Be watching for IIs soon.

Good luck.
Second this. I just checked MSAR and looks like first wave of II are scheduled to go out on 9/20!

Reactions: 1 user
My friend (reapp, pretty high stats RD) received an II just after labor day weekend just fyi. They didn't give him a date though as they aren't sure if it will be in person or virtual.

Hi! I am OOS with strong ties to Mizzou; I was born there and lived there for the first 7 years of my life and my dad completed his residency there. I wanted to ask OOS applicants how long it took Mizzou to send them the form to complete for stating ties? I submitted my application 9/12 and have heard from the rest of my schools so I was not sure.

For anyone who has completed the OOS form: How long were your responses? The instructions say "Please make your responses complete and concise." But I'm not sure if that means a few sentences or a paragraph or two. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone with IIs having difficulty getting in touch with the person who is scheduling the interviews?

Anybody else waiting on II's? Submitted my secondary 9/6

Anybody else waiting on II's? Submitted my secondary 9/6

Still waiting, it's a long process for those of us in late Aug/early Sept.
LM 69 (nice), complete 8/31 here

OOS form was received 9/6....I am going to go ahead and hazard a guess that my ties were not strong enough?
Anyone else still waiting on a verdict for the OOS form?

OOS form was received 9/6....I am going to go ahead and hazard a guess that my ties were not strong enough?
Anyone else still waiting on a verdict for the OOS form?
I think it took 3ish weeks to get my secondary after completing the OOS form. Hope it works out for you!

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone get an email from them to apply? Is this their way of getting their number of applications up? I'm out of state and my undergraduate GPA is not in range with the MCAT score they required. Only ties is that I was born in Missouri.

Did anyone get an email from them to apply? Is this their way of getting their number of applications up? I'm out of state and my undergraduate GPA is not in range with the MCAT score they required. Only ties is that I was born in Missouri.
Probably just a standard advertising email. If your email address is on file with AAMC, you'll probably get a bunch of these.

Anymore in state interviews sent out? What’s the deal here? Usually they send them out faster in the previous years...

Congrats! If you don't mind sharing, when were you complete? Are you IS? Good luck with your interview!
I am IS! I was complete 08/06!
Thank you! Hope you get one soon too!!

Did you get a waitlist notification or the status unchanged one?
Status unchanged. I think most candidates won’t get accepted till late February early March, or at least that was my impression during my interview day

Status unchanged. I think most candidates won’t get accepted till late February early March, or at least that was my impression during my interview day

That isn’t a WL dw! Just standard Mizzou proceedings as you said. I think the actual waitlist gets formed after their big A wave in March

Got an interview invite this afternoon, they must not be interviewing a lot of people because every date in December and some November dates were still available. (I'm in state, competed in august)

Reactions: 3 users
Do you know when the last November date was? I'm trying to figure out if they will send out acceptance updates this Friday before Thanksgiving break or the Friday the week after Thanksgiving break.

Do you know when the last November date was? I'm trying to figure out if they will send out acceptance updates this Friday before Thanksgiving break or the Friday the week after Thanksgiving break.
Not sure. On previous threads someone mentioned decisions come out on last working Thursday of the month so I’m thinking this Thursday is the day for November dates..

They said decisions will come out this week. Not sure if it'll be Thursday or Friday.

Just got an acceptance!!!