2017-2018 University of Missouri - Columbia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
CONGRATS :claps::claps:
Would you mind mind sharing when you interviewed and your stats? Any interview tip would also be appreciated.
10/17 interview. 515 MCAT, OOS, non trad, PhD in immunology.

Re the interview, just be yourself and make it conversational.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the email. Status unchanged. It’s gonna be a long next few months.

Reactions: 1 users
Unchanged, saw that coming. Congrats to those that were accepted this month :)

Reactions: 2 users
Interview 10/25 and accepted yesterday afternoon!

Reactions: 4 users
Did anyone ever figure out the amount of people they decided to accept each month?

Did anyone ever figure out the amount of people they decided to accept each month?

They accepted 12 in the month of October. Not necessarily the amount they’ll accept in the following months. My guess is that it’ll be between 8-12 people in the following months.

So do they deny people at the end of each month as well, or will everyone not accepted be "unchanged" until March?

Members don't see this ad :)
So do they deny people at the end of each month as well, or will everyone not accepted be "unchanged" until March?
No one gets denied until March. I was waitlisted last year and just got status unchanged for like 4 months

Reactions: 1 user
No one gets denied until March. I was waitlisted last year and just got status unchanged for like 4 months
Oh. I was under the impression that they did reject a certain amount of people each month.

Oh. I was under the impression that they did reject a certain amount of people each month.
Maybe one of the current MU students could help us out :/ I am almost 96% certain this is how they do it . . . but I have been known to be mistaken before. In this instance lets hope I am mistaken ;)

At my interview day they said no one is getting rejected (post-interview that is) 'till the final day when they fill up the class and make the wait list.

II today! OOS but I've been living in MO for the past 5 years so have some ties.

II next month, do you guys believe the high average STEP score at Mizzou? How is it possible they are so high for their step average?

II next month, do you guys believe the high average STEP score at Mizzou? How is it possible they are so high for their step average?

Step average is real. @DougStamper is right about the exams. Faculty attribute it to PBL. There are a few schools of thought on this, 1. that it allows more free time (to study etc.) and 2. that integrating material (i.e. getting pharm-micro-anatomy-systems-genetics-clinical application-etc.) works better than learning in chunks (a la our neighbor SLU).

Reactions: 3 users
II for next month! Did not see it coming, but am definitely excited about it.

Do they rank a candidate only one time out of the whole cycle? Or do they re-rank them as they meet every week?

Do they rank a candidate only one time out of the whole cycle? Or do they re-rank them as they meet every week?

Just once. At the end of the week you interview, they review and rank all the applicants from that week. At that point your file is closed; they will not revisit or readjust your ranking.

I'm surprised more people on SDN aren't applying to this school. Personally, I want to go here. I was told my application was going before the admissions committee this week

I'm surprised more people on SDN aren't applying to this school. Personally, I want to go here. I was told my application was going before the admissions committee this week
Is this post interview or pre-interview?

II just now! Instate Resident, Super excited about this school!

Reactions: 4 users
Got accepted to another medical school in my hometown and will be withdrawing my interview invitation here. Good luck to you all!

Reactions: 5 users
Best of luck to those waiting this month!

Yeah my guess is that we will be waiting until 12/1 unfortunately

Interviewed here yesterday! The interview went well. I loved the school!

I think decisions may come out today for all those that have interviewed. Best of luck all!

Does anyone know what time decisions came out last month?

I think most of the Status Unchanged ones went out about 3-4 and those that got accepted got phone calls mid-morning to early afternoon.

Reactions: 1 users
Status unchanged. I will be withdrawing my application as I’ve been accepted elsewhere. I wish you all the best! :)