2022-2023 Missouri, Columbia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I will most likely enroll here in the fall. Would a current student mind reaching out ?! I have some quesitons

Members don't see this ad.

do they do NBME exams or write their own in house? can't find info anywhere.

trying to decide between this school and an oos school.

do they do NBME exams or write their own in house? can't find info anywhere.

trying to decide between this school and an oos school.
The exams are NBME style! Some of the schools questions were even on the STEP 1 exam apparently

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew from my interview here recently, hopefully it's found a loving home amongst one of y'all

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone remember when to expect to hear back after our interviews? I remember them saying early March, but did they say we can hear in January as well?

Does anyone know how long the interview season goes? in state and haven't heard anything 💩

Does anyone know how long the interview season goes? in state and haven't heard anything 💩
I think they will send invites into Feb according to MSAR. Just got an invite last week and I submitted in June so don't lose hope!

• Love
just got II invite today (complete in late august)! seems like its two interviews? so not MMI style? any other tips... saw one earlier post about healthcare issues

Reactions: 1 users
just got II invite today (complete in late august)! seems like its two interviews? so not MMI style? any other tips... saw one earlier post about healthcare issues
Yep! Just two interviews. Both of mine were traditional-style interview questions. Good luck!

Congratulations on the interview! yes, they are two traditional interviews, mine were with two faculty physicians, each lasting about 1 hour. They were really easy and conversational I would say, nothing unusual. Diffinetly knows why medicine and why Mizzou, what is going wrong with our healthcare system in general & ways to improve.

I would say also reflect on your own application and have a plan if asked what will you do if you do not get in. I think it is very helpful to have a 1-2 minute answer of why they should accept you/ what they should relay to admissions. Good luck, you got this!

Does anyone remember when to expect to hear back after our interviews? I remember them saying early March, but did they say we can hear in January as well?
I interviewed 1/8 and then got an A on the 1/12. So I guess it depends.
They did say that the highest scores from each interview round will be accepted, but if you don't get the R within the month, that it is a good sign. That means you are still being considered for an acceptance later on when they revisit interviewed applicants.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I interviewed 1/8 and then got an A on the 1/12. So I guess it depends.
They did say that the highest scores from each interview round will be accepted, but if you don't get the R within the month, that it is a good sign. That means you are still being considered for an acceptance later on when they revisit interviewed applicants.
Congratulations on your acceptance, this is awesome! Yes I think it depends as well like the applicants ranked higher are accepted first, but did they say they reject the same month or also hold on rejections until March? I interviewed in December so I was assuming no decisions until March if I don't get accepted shortly after my interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
stat unchanged, might withdraw my app since I have A elsewhere

I've heard that the majority of acceptances go out in March! Good luck to everyone that is waiting to hear good news.

Reactions: 3 users
Status unchanged for me as well, interviewed 1/25. Also thinking of withdrawing for my other A

Status unchanged, will likely also withdraw bc of other acceptances

Congratulations on your acceptance, this is awesome! Yes I think it depends as well like the applicants ranked higher are accepted first, but did they say they reject the same month or also hold on rejections until March? I interviewed in December so I was assuming no decisions until March if I don't get accepted shortly after my interview.

At my interview, they said anyone not rejected or accepted around the end of each month is retained for the next round of review. I think you're still in the running!

Last edited:
II earlier this week, complete 11/1

ok just had 'fine' interviews here. a couple of ?s n :unsure:s. one of the interviewers was SO hard to read. they just asked questions, no dialogue. no body language. felt like their job was just to show up and ask questions and then leave (or maybe they had a LOT of interviews before me). anyone else have a relatable experience? did I screw up? thoughts....?

ok just had 'fine' interviews here. a couple of ?s n :unsure:s. one of the interviewers was SO hard to read. they just asked questions, no dialogue. no body language. felt like their job was just to show up and ask questions and then leave (or maybe they had a LOT of interviews before me). anyone else have a relatable experience? did I screw up? thoughts....?
I’m sure it went better than you think! I felt the same way and I got accepted!

Haven’t had my interview here yet, but if it helps:
I got an A from a school where I felt the same about the interviewers - hard to read, seemed like they were just asking the questions they had to ask to get it over with, no conversations. Got rejected from another that I was sure I aced and had wonderful conversations with the interviewers. Hold out hope!

I agree with others here do not worry as you never know, while I am still waiting to hear back, I had a somewhat similar experience where my first interview was harder and more of Q &A, the interviewer asked me harder questions and even told me that I need to research the healthcare system more and get more shadowing (I did about 100 hours shadowing) so I have been feeling they may reject me based on that lol! Good luck to you!

Anyone head anything this week?
No I haven't. I went to Mizzou for undergrad and live in my hometown again. I got a call from a Columbia area code about 15 minutes ago and wanted to throw my phone out the window when it was spam

Last year they sent decisions on the first Friday in March so I’m expecting something similar this year. Probably March 3rd or 10th…

Yep usually it's like March 2,3,4,5 somewhere around there. I'd bet it's this week 🙂

Let us know if you hear something today.

Good luck everyone!

The past years they usually call with acceptances on Fridays! I found out I got accepted on a Friday this year, so don’t panic if you don’t hear anything today. Maybe it will be tomorrow! Good luck 😊

Last edited:
I’ve been having mini heart attacks everytime I get an email notification. But it will definitely be tomorrow

• Haha
  • Care
Alternate list 😭😭🤣🤣

Also alternate list. Looks like they're getting those emails out of the way first lol

• Wow
Accepted about an hour ago over email! 💛🖤 So happy!! This was my last chance to get in this cycle and also my top choice. Sending out the best of luck to everyone!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Accepted about an hour ago over email! 💛🖤 So happy!! This was my last chance to get in this cycle and also my top choice. Sending out the best of luck to everyone!
Congrats! That's bad ass.

Someone did create an accepted students group me I found out

Same, alternate list. Most likely will be going to my state school unless the financial outcome is better

• Sad
Would it be weird to email them Saturday to find out where I am on the alternate list? Should I wait until the 6th?