2021-2022 Missouri, Columbia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
got the status unchanged

Members don't see this ad.

Interview invite today! 2° submitted late August. IS

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
My girlfriend interviewed 11/10, was accepted 16 hours later directly on 11/11 Thought I’d report here that decisions are being made for sure!

Stats: 3.2 cGPA, 3.2 sGPA, 506 mcat, URM

I’ve been accepted & 100% will be attending and would love to chat/get coffee with others who have been & intend to go to Mizzou!

Reactions: 3 users
Hi y’all! Congratulations on the acceptances. I’m an M2 here, so please feel free to reach out if you have any questions at all. :)

My girlfriend interviewed 11/10, was accepted 16 hours later directly on 11/11 Thought I’d report here that decisions are being made for sure!

Stats: 3.2 cGPA, 3.2 sGPA, 506 mcat, URM
I’ve been accepted & 100% will be attending and would love to chat/get coffee with others who have been & intend to go to Mizzou!
Congrats!!

Hey y'all! Interviewed 11/16 and accepted 11/18. Will be 200% attending!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
Hey everyone. M1 here. Just wanted to send positive vibes for those of you still waiting. So much of the class actually gets their acceptances March and after. I have really strong classmates that got in off the wait list.

If any of you have any questions, please feel free to hit me up. Happy to get coffee or take a hike any time too. Best of luck!

Any chances of getting an interview with a 504 mcat? IS, submitted in July and never heard back.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any chances of getting an interview with a 504 mcat? IS, submitted in July and never heard back.
Yes! I had a 504 and hadn't heard back at this time of year, also submitted in July. I actually ended up sending them an email in December. Phil called the next day to schedule me for an interview (Jan bc break).

Got the A 2 days post-interview.

Reactions: 1 users
Yes! I had a 504 and hadn't heard back at this time of year, also submitted in July. I actually ended up sending them an email in December. Phil called the next day to schedule me for an interview (Jan bc break).

Got the A 2 days post-interview.
I hope that happens to me! Did you email them anything super specific? I sent an update letter a month ago to Phil but still nothing. I’m guessing I just have to wait due to stratification of apps, we’ll see.

I've been accepted too and definitely plan to go! I would love to get to know people who are also attending.

• Love
I hope that happens to me! Did you email them anything super specific? I sent an update letter a month ago to Phil but still nothing. I’m guessing I just have to wait due to stratification of apps, we’ll see.
I was in the early bucket of secondaries and something didn't work on the portal at first, so I used it as an excuse to check in. But I mentioned it was my top choice and was super enthusiastic.

On the phone, Phil told me when he got my email, he pulled my file and then decided to extend an interview to me sooner. I wager that was already in the cards, but probably not until after the holidays. Whatever it was bumped me up.

Accepted on 12/2!!! I'm OOS, complete 10/15, II 11/19, interviewed 11/29. I'm THRILLED!

• Love
II scheduled for Jan 4th. OOS but lived in MO for the last 26 years and just moved to Kansas for work last year. I’m so excited! Anyone know what the interview to acceptance rate is? Looks like their class size grew to 400 spots this cycle!
Last year they had 324 IS interviews and 109 IS matriculated. The class size is only 128 students

I must have misread. Im wondering if the 400 mentioned on their website is referring to interview spots instead. Thank you!

As a student here, can confirm it’s ~128 students that actually matriculate in the class. If this is what you were referring to, it’s 400 interview spots:

“The School of Medicine plans to offer 400 interview slots for the entering class of 2022. It is possible that more slots may be available”

Does anyone know when they will be announcing status changes for this month? The last thread in 2020-2021 seems like it was on 12/17

Received an acceptance call this morning! Super stoked as I loved my interview early/mid November. :)

• Love
Just got an II here.

Woo hoo

• Care
Got an II and Mizzou is my top choice! Anyone know how close the class is to being full?

Last edited:
Got an II and Mizzou is my top choice! Anyone know how close the class is to being full?
They definitely aren’t anywhere close to being full! 95% of Mizzou’s acceptances don’t come out until sometime in March. You’ve still got plenty of a chance. :) Congratulations on the II!

They definitely aren’t anywhere close to being full! 95% of Mizzou’s acceptances don’t come out until sometime in March. You’ve still got plenty of a chance. :) Congratulations on the II!

thank God lol. I’m interviewing late Jan and was super scared it was full

• Care
Anyone get accepted this week? It seems like some people hear back 2 days post interview and others hear back weeks after.

Also, does anyone have an interview scheduled during the next 2 weeks?

Anyone get accepted this week? It seems like some people hear back 2 days post interview and others hear back weeks after.

Also, does anyone have an interview scheduled during the next 2 weeks?
The admissions committee meets every Wednesday night and acceptances are sent out every Thursday. During those meetings, they assign a score to each candidate they recently interviewed. If the score is high enough that it is within a range they are certain they will admit (based on previous years' ranges), then the candidate is admitted. If however they are not sure if they will fall within that certainty range, they are put into a "holding" pile until they have a clearer idea of what this year's ranges will be. The scores of the candidates are then continuously reviewed as time passes to see how they are aligned with this year's batch. If the committee is certain within a few weeks or months time that the score will be within the upper range, then they admit the candidate. They only admit a small number of people in these months, but will admit a huge wave in March.

Interviewed 1/5/22 and accepted the next day via phone call!!! First acceptance :)

• Care
Interviewed 1/5/22 and accepted the next day via phone call!!! First acceptance :)
congrats!!!!!!!!!! man thats gotta feel awesome. You deserve it!

II today. Any interview tips? I have no idea what to expect.

Any advice? I'm interviewing on Wednesday! Congrats!!
Just be yourself and really know your app! My interviewers were really chill and genuinely just wanted to get to know me better. If you got the interview that means they know you’re qualified but want to make sure you’re conversational and someone they want to see on campus!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Just be yourself and really know your app! My interviewers were really chill and genuinely just wanted to get to know me better. If you got the interview that means they know you’re qualified but want to make sure you’re conversational and someone they want to see on campus!

This is great advice, y’all! I remember my interviews being less of an interview and more conversational than anything. There was one, in particular, where we spent most of the interview talking about sports and what was happening with certain players and their stats at the time. Obviously, there are always some outliers. But, if you know what you wrote on your app (so you can expand on it/not contradict yourself if asked about it) and have fun conversing with others, you’re gonna be amazing! Mizzou truly selects who they feel are top tier applicants and would fit in well with our program. :)

• Care
does this school accept updates/LOIs?

For those who interview 1/6, has anyone heard back? Hopefully we will hear something this week if not. They said last week of January, they would send decisions 🤞🏻

any calls yet
Shocked Dog GIF by Scooby-Doo

For everyone who is waiting for an acceptance... did you guys all interview in January or did you interview in Oct/Nov/Dec?