2017-2018 University of Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
to anyone who's already interviewed here - is the MMI portion (and i guess traditional interviews) chill or really hardcore/stressful? just want to know in advance so i can try to prep haha

edit: i know mich is rolling, but would anyone happen to know how much of a disadvantage it is to interview in november instead of september? thanks!

I thought that it was really chill. Everyone at my interview day was talking about how much fun we had with the MMI portion and every one of the interviewers was really kind. Nothing that is meant to trick you or catch you off guard, it was all very straightforward.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Today is a new chapter in my life, because instead of being hopeful for that #UMichMedMonday interview invite, I'm fully embracing that #UMakingMeCryMonday

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II! IS, LM score 69 (3.9 and 509)! URM Interview for Nov 17th

Reactions: 8 users
Congrats! And do they have special interviews for URMs or did you just miss a period or comma lol?
he missed a comma. 99.5% sure they don't separate the interview by race lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
is there any point in asking the status of my application? fyi mdphd applicant

Members don't see this ad :)
Curious about how the ADCOM reviews applications pre-II. Are LORs reviewed/considered before making the decision to send an II, or are those saved for only the applicants that interview since LORs are so numerous and time consuming to read?

Curious about how the ADCOM reviews applications pre-II. Are LORs reviewed/considered before making the decision to send an II, or are those saved for only the applicants that interview since LORs are so numerous and time consuming to read?
Apparently not. I remember seeing a twitter post that they invited applicants even before they finished their secondary, so I guess they didn't even need the rec letters.

Did anybody receive an email saying that they had not signed up for an interview? I got this email, but I didn't get an emailed II and there isn't a tab to schedule on my portal either

Did anybody receive an email saying that they had not signed up for an interview? I got this email, but I didn't get an emailed II and there isn't a tab to schedule on my portal either
Check your spam folder. A lot of important UMich emails somehow ended up there for me.

I think from my interview day, we were told that we'd hear back this week. Can anyone confirm this or provide a more exact timeline?

Reactions: 1 user
I think from my interview day, we were told that we'd hear back this week. Can anyone confirm this or provide a more exact timeline?

In years past, they've released decisions towards the end of the week - Friday if I'm not mistaken...

edit:

I was mistaken...Congrats all!

Last edited:
Omg I think I just got accepted!!! My heart and mind are racing too much for me to focus on the video right now... Did anyone else recieve the email?

Love, love, loved the University of Michigan and I'm glad to have the chance to visit again! :biglove:

Reactions: 11 users
Just got the video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm gonna be a doctor :')

Reactions: 9 users
To those who received acceptances today -- congratulations and a BIG welcome to the Michigan family!!

Reactions: 5 users
NVM DEAN GAY JUST ANSWERED MY QUESTION. #ACCEPTED

Deferred decision. Anyone know the stats on how many deferrals become acceptances/rejections?

OMG in-state interview!!! It has begun! My email dinged and I just had this feeling today is the day! Unbelievably excited!!!

Reactions: 13 users
^+1 on the in state II!!!!!!!

Reactions: 3 users
+1 II OOS complete first week of July!! I'm completely shocked and so excited! Question - do people fly to Detroit airport and what's the best way to get from Detroit to the Michigan campus?

Last edited:
+1 II OOS complete first week of July!! I'm completely shocked! Question - do people fly to Detroit airport and what's the best way to get from Detroit to the Michigan campus?
Congrats! That sounds about right to me. I know there's a Michigan Flyer bus that isn't too expensive that runs from DTW to Ann Arbor. About 50 min- 1 hr long

You can google it and book tickets online!

Congrats! That sounds about right to me. I know there's a Michigan Flyer bus that isn't too expensive that runs from DTW to Ann Arbor. About 50 min- 1 hr long

Yeah the flyer is a decent option, takes you to the drake stop in AA which is a 10-15 minute walk from campus. One way trip is $12 and a round trip is $22. You can book online and cancel within 48 hours of your trip.

Another good option is find other people who are ubering to AA and splitting it. Fare is usually ~$30-$35 so splitting in between 2/3 people makes it almost the same cost as the flyer without the walk at the end. This requires the social skill of asking strangers to split a ride with you ;).

Reactions: 2 users
That moment when you're more excited about your Michigan II than your med school acceptances! Received an II today! OOS, Complete Early July!

Accepted today!! YESSS! Best feeling in the world getting accepted at your top choice!

Reactions: 16 users
Anyone know if mich typically gives out waitlists / post II Rs this early? Or is everyone who isnt accepted just deferred?