2017-2018 University of Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gyngyn

Alta California
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Essay 1

Tell us something you are passionate about and why. Do not exceed 1500 characters (about 250 words).

Essay 2

At the University of Michigan Medical School, we are committed to building a superb educational community with students of diverse talents, experiences, opinions, and backgrounds. What would you as an individual bring to our medical school community? Do not exceed 1500 characters (about 250 words).

Interview Feedback
University of Michigan Interview Feedback
Interviewed at University of Michigan? Complete an Interview Feedback Survey!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just received secondary invite! I'm surprised, I thought primaries were transmitted tomorrow. Can anyone else confirm?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone getting an "access denied" screen when they try to fill out their secondary?

Reactions: 1 users
+5

Sent an email, but I doubt anything will be done about it until the morning

Members don't see this ad :)
When was everyone's AMCAS submitted/verified? (Time?)

Mine was verified on the 12th

Well damn Michigan, that was a whirlwind of emotion.

Reactions: 1 users
+7 on the Denied Access. Might not open until tomorrow or Saturday. Grab your towel and don't panic

Reactions: 1 user
when you are excited about filling out your first secondary then you get hit with an "access denied"

Attachments

• steve-harvey-laugh-then-realize.jpg
    steve-harvey-laugh-then-realize.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 136
Reactions: 2 users
Am I the only one who has not received this thing? Verified before June 7th.

Nope, but I am OOS

So am I, you should have received one...make sure everything is up to date on your AMCAS because they said they send secondaries to "all eligible applicants"

+11 denied access

I think they might not all be going out instantaneously -- someone got theirs a while ago, while mine was just recent. I was verified 7/5.

Everyone REMAIN CALM. Let's go with Occom's Razor here. The emails might be sent out alphabetically, or totally random. Michigan doesn't pre-screen their applicants. Everyone gets a secondary.

Everyone REMAIN CALM. Let's go with Occom's Razor here. The emails might be sent out alphabetically, or totally random. Michigan doesn't pre-screen their applicants. Everyone gets a secondary.

When do they send out tertiaries?

Anyone getting an "access denied" screen when they try to fill out their secondary?
yeah dawg...mine says the token is expired. I emailed them about it

So I just called and they said we should be receiving a new email in about an hour with a fixed link. Yay!

Just got the fixed link! Ann Arbor native here, didn't get in for undergrad but hoping to get some love this time around.

Anyone else still not have access after getting the second email?
Opps nevermind I guess I clicked the first link again :confused:

Here is the essay portion:

Tell us something you are passionate about and why. Do not exceed 1500 characters (about 250 words).

At the University of Michigan Medical School, we are committed to building a superb educational community with students of diverse talents, experiences, opinions, and backgrounds. What would you as an individual bring to our medical school community? Do not exceed 1500 characters (about 250 words).

Best of luck, everyone. I got the secondary last night but didn't actually check it until this morning when I got the second email.

Reactions: 2 users
Also be ready to list three interests:
"Please list three areas of interest (e.g., symphony, orchestra, drawing/painting/ceramics, research in specific area, joint degrees, athletic interests/running/softball, ballroom dance, Spanish language study, international travel/work/study, etc.) you would like to pursue while at Michigan."

Are you all putting anything for the "Is there any other information you would like to provide to us at this time? (optional)" Would it be appropriate to write a small "why Michigan?" essay or an adversity essay or something, or is it more for explaining something on your application if needed?

Are you all putting anything for the "Is there any other information you would like to provide to us at this time? (optional)" Would it be appropriate to write a small "why Michigan?" essay or an adversity essay or something, or is it more for explaining something on your application if needed?

I think I'm gonna write up a why Michigan essay