2017-2018 University of Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Last week they tweeted at 9:13am that IIs went out. Does seem kind of late now...
They've also posted after 5 pm before, I think

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Interview invitations just sent to applicants from 13 undergrad institutions and 12 states. Looking forward to your 24 Hours in Blue!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got my first II ever! Can't believe it. I was complete 8/23

Reactions: 6 users
tVaXzcO.gif

Reactions: 12 users
Edit: my SDN is slow to update lol.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone who's interviewed already send an update post interview? Debating whether or not I should.

13 undergrads from 12 states, so <= 1 IS applicant per usual. Also so far i've only seen one IS II on SDN. Are they really gonna wait until after October 15th to send out all ~160 of them?

13 undergrads from 12 states, so <= 1 IS applicant per usual. Also so far i've only seen one IS II on SDN. Are they really gonna wait until after October 15th to send out all ~160 of them?
How can you tell 1 IS was included?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think I'll just go into hybernation and wake up on October 16th. Yup, that's the only solution.

Why do people think in state interviews are coming October 16?

October 15th is the first day MD schools can admit applicants, so theoretically UMich is trying to recruit the competitive OOS'ers before they get admitted to other schools and possibly lose interest.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm new here and I never post really so I apologize if there's some rule I'm not following. But because so many people are talking about IS interviews I decided to share! I'm IS and interviewed in early September. There were around 5 or 6 other IS applicants too. There's still a lot of spots left though so heads up and good luck to everyone :)
The plot thickens..

Reactions: 9 users
I'm new here and I never post really so I apologize if there's some rule I'm not following. But because so many people are talking about IS interviews I decided to share! I'm IS and interviewed in early September. There were around 5 or 6 other IS applicants too. There's still a lot of spots left though so heads up and good luck to everyone :)

:eek:

According to M1's, there have been 0 Michigan Grad interviews yet for this cycle.

Got a reject today for Michigan MSTP. I am bummed, but it is my first reject so I am hoping that I still have a chance at the other schools I applied MSTP. No news is good news right?

Anybody from the area have some suggestions on where to stay? I'm coming with my wife, and we'd like to stay in a hotel that's nice but not super spendy.

Can confirm that are in state people that had already got invites in early/mid September. I am an OOS, but I got a list of people I am interviewing with that shows where they are from.

Can confirm that are in state people that had already got invites in early/mid September. I am an OOS, but I got a list of people I am interviewing with that shows where they are from.
Were they Michigan graduates or Ivy/other

I can confirm that there were several IS students at my interview yesterday, but were coming from prestigious undergrads that were out of state. The interview day was AMAZING, by far the most fun I've had at one. No need to stress if you've got one coming up!

Hmm do y'all think they intentionally interview in-state Ivy Leaguers first since they're more likely to go off to other schools? Or are they just more qualified applicants to begin with?

Hmm do y'all think they intentionally interview in-state Ivy Leaguers first since they're more likely to go off to other schools? Or are they just more qualified applicants to begin with?

I think it's less that they are specifically ivy-leaguers but more that successful applicants to Michigan tend to be majoritively from ivy league schools or the University of Michigan. They like to interview people who'll be out-of-state later on at the beginning of the year when weather isn't a logistics issue and in-state ivy league students fall into that category. However, prestige probably does play a small role like most other schools.

Don't give up hope! Been complete since 7/8 and have had silence since then

Anyone, after submitting the secondary realize that in the HTML viewing form, the space between paragraphs are huge (3-4 spaces instead of just one space)?

For anyone else that recently received an II:
Have the HIPPA certification, Michigan Interview Confirmation, and headshot form appeared on your portal yet? I received the II today and chose a date but I haven't gotten a confirmation email or seen these things pop up on the portal yet. Wondering if there is something wrong or if this is normal?

For anyone else that recently received an II:
Have the HIPPA certification, Michigan Interview Confirmation, and headshot form appeared on your portal yet? I received the II today and chose a date but I haven't gotten a confirmation email or seen these things pop up on the portal yet. Wondering if there is something wrong or if this is normal?

Just give it a day or two, you should get another email.

Is there any way to check your status at this school (pre interview invite) besides seeing checks that your letters were sent and you paid and stuff? I wish more schools were like Western Michigan Univ. and super open to if they'd looked at you or not.

Is there any way to check your status at this school (pre interview invite) besides seeing checks that your letters were sent and you paid and stuff? I wish more schools were like Western Michigan Univ. and super open to if they'd looked at you or not.
If you log into the portal and hit "view checklist" then you should see a status that says file complete under review....etc....There is no way to see whether or not they have looked at your application, but every school does what works for them - Michigan gets 1,000+ more applications than Western. I do give Western props for being that open, though, but once they hit a certain number of applications I can't imagine they will continue doing things this way - they probably get so many emails from applicants with every status update

Anyone knows when is the next day for II emails ?

to anyone who's already interviewed here - is the MMI portion (and i guess traditional interviews) chill or really hardcore/stressful? just want to know in advance so i can try to prep haha

edit: i know mich is rolling, but would anyone happen to know how much of a disadvantage it is to interview in november instead of september? thanks!

Last edited: