2021-2022 Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Dude that means I met some of you during the 1/14 interview (I wonder who's who though haha). Congrats to everyone who got in and rooting for the people who are deferred!

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how good Michigan is with aid/merit stuff?

Reactions: 1 user
A!!!! 😭Interviewed in November, deferred in December.

Praying for all of the other deferred candidates in this thread. Don't lose hope!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Does anyone know how good Michigan is with aid/merit stuff?
Per the admissions director in the admitted students slack group: "We will be sending out our admissions scholarships via email in March. We do not have you apply for scholarships at Michigan, nor are they based on MCAT or GPA".

Via the website: "About one-half of our entering students receive some type of scholarship".

Per the admissions director in the admitted students slack group: "We will be sending out our admissions scholarships via email in March. We do not have you apply for scholarships at Michigan, nor are they based on MCAT or GPA".

Via the website: "About one-half of our entering students receive some type of scholarship".

Thanks for letting us know! How do you join the slack?

Thanks for letting us know! How do you join the slack?
Np! You will get added by the admissions team, it’s not something you can look up and join. It was a few weeks after I was admitted that I was added to the slack group.

Both shocked and frightened that there was only one Defer —> A reported today…

• Hmm
How are we feeling my fellow deferred?

Trying to hang in there. There have been some recent updates to the acceptance tracker.
Prompted my question. I wonder if these updates occur before or after decision notification... Probably the latter 🤧

Members don't see this ad :)
Prompted my question. I wonder if these updates occur before or after decision notification... Probably the latter 🤧
I think it's the latter based off what I've observed!

Are any other deferred applicants seeing alternate list on choose medical school tool?

• Hmm
Are any other deferred applicants seeing alternate list on choose medical school tool?
I see this as well, but the Date/Time Received is when I received my initial Deferred Decision... don't think it's any further indication of our status. Also a bit confused because a different school I was WL at is not appearing on this tool?

I see this as well, but the Date/Time Received is when I received my initial Deferred Decision... don't think it's any further indication of our status. Also a bit confused because a different school I was WL at is not appearing on this tool?
+1

I notice that 5 yr avg they accept 380, but only 305 this year. Hope for deferred or due to more deferrals from matriculants?

• Care
Any deferred applicants hear anything? They said “by March” but I’m not sure whether that means mid-March or late March.

Any deferred applicants hear anything? They said “by March” but I’m not sure whether that means mid-March or late March.
Have not heard anything… Debating on reaching out to ask when we can expect to hear a decision?

I almost had a heart attack just seeing new post notifications on this thread looool

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I wonder if they're spending a bit of extra time trying to predict their yield for this year

Does anybody have an estimate of the number of students accepted last year who deferred matriculation? From their 5-year averages, they accept 380 and matriculate 180. Right now, we're sitting at 305 As for this cycle...

Full tuition scholarship received right now. Omg, I am shaking…

Edit: covers OOS tuition, omgggg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
My friend currently has a full tuition scholarship from a T50 university. He received a half-tuition scholarship from Michigan and dosent qualify for need based aid. Does anyone know who he should email to try to negotiate aid. I think if he got a little more (10-20k) he would 100% choose Michigan.

My friend currently has a full tuition scholarship from a T50 university. He received a half-tuition scholarship from Michigan and dosent qualify for need based aid. Does anyone know who he should email to try to negotiate aid. I think if he got a little more (10-20k) he would 100% choose Michigan.
I would tell your friend :) to email the admissions director

Has anyone gotten the email from the financial aid office to request our COA?

Have any deferred applicants heard back yet? It's already mid-March

• Dislike
Any word for the deferral pool? I feel like it is technically still “mid-March” but we might be approaching “late-March.” Or am I grasping at straws?

Deferral -> upper tier WL (historically they've had upper/mid/low)... praying for the smallest chance they actually use the WL a little this year (maybe it could happen due to the lower # of initial acceptances/them trying to figure out their yield considering the people who chose to defer matriculation?)

Last edited:
Deferral -> middle tier WL. Looks like that’s the end for me here folks, major congrats to all those with As & all the HTWL best of luck!! fingers crossed for a lot of WL movement!!! ❤️‍🔥

• Care
Reactions: 4 users