2017-2018 Tufts University Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II! Complete 7/28, LizzyM 69. Woooooo I’m shippin off to Bostonnnn

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
@JerrySmith. What dates are available for interview ?

Members don't see this ad :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
complete 7/11, born/raised in boston. strong ties to boston Chinatown (where tufts is located) but SILENCE. has anyone else who applied in early july not heard back?

Complete 7/1.

Nothing!!

Reactions: 1 user
II!!! Complete 7/6. I thought they forgot about me.

Reactions: 6 users
Congrats! Giving the rest of us hope. Do you mind sharing your stats?

If any Bostonians or anyone in general has an interview scheduled for Thursday, November 2nd and has the flexibility to change days, I would be willing to pay $$ to have your spot on that day. I have another interview in Boston the day after, so it would save me a cross-country flight. PM me plzzz

Members don't see this ad :)
II a few weeks ago! OOS and interviewing in early November

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know if they are going to call about acceptances on the 16th? I know they have met after mid-September interviews as a committee.

Reactions: 2 users
complete 7/11, born/raised in boston. strong ties to boston Chinatown (where tufts is located) but SILENCE. has anyone else who applied in early july not heard back?

Complete 7/12 and nothing yet as well.

Complete 7/12 and nothing yet as well.

I was complete a little later (7/30 I think) but I also have strong ties as I live right near the school and work at one of the big research hospitals in the city but still silence

Does anyone have any information/updates on the Maine Track Program and interview status?

ACCEPTED!!!!!! FIRST ACCEPTANCE!!! POOR KID FROM THE BURBS MADE IT!!!

Reactions: 21 users
Accepted by phone two hours ago!

Reactions: 10 users
Just got the call! This feels so unreal!

Reactions: 10 users
congrats on everyone with acceptances! Tufts is one of my top choices so I'm hoping for an interview invite soon....radio silence since my complete date of 7-17-17 though so my hopes are slowly deteriorating :( this process is emotionally draining lol

Reactions: 4 users
congrats on everyone with acceptances! Tufts is one of my top choices so I'm hoping for an interview invite soon....radio silence since my complete date of 7-17-17 though so my hopes are slowly deteriorating :( this process is emotionally draining lol
I have a similar completion date too. Trying to stay positive--maybe we'll be part of the next II wave!

Reactions: 7 users
Yeah, it’s definitely a weird decision to make.

My other thought is that “deferred” means a sort of higher priority waitlist.

In the normal context it means that they cannot accept you in this year but you are accepted for the following school year.
wow, wait so medical schools do that? they give you a guaranteed acceptance for the following year?

wow, wait so medical schools do that? they give you a guaranteed acceptance for the following year?

I think thats usually if a) you request deferral and are granted one or b) they have more acceptances (people actually wanting to matriculate) that the class size is larger than anticipated and they ask you to defer.

This scenario is strange as it is quite early in the cycle and an ask to defer would seem to make sense more in the spring etc.

Congrats to everyone who was accepted! The deferred status is basically you didn't get in now, but you'll be brought up at subsequent meetings and may get accepted at later meetings. Also for all those complete in July who still haven't heard anything, I know it's hard not to, but try not to freak out! I think I got my II in late November or early December, interviewed in January (along with 4 other eventual classmates) and I'm a second year now, so not hearing anything yet doesn't mean a thing!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 7 users
If any Bostonians or anyone in general has an interview scheduled for Thursday, November 2nd and has the flexibility to change days, I would be willing to pay $$ to have your spot on that day. I have another interview in Boston the day after, so it would save me a cross-country flight.
This is one of the few times it's appropriate to call/e-mail admissions and say you'll be in the area. They may not be able to squeeze you in, but it's worth the call.

If anyone has an interview on November 7th and is willing to change dates, I'm also willing to pay to switch with you! I'm coming from California to Boston for another interview, and it'll be really helpful to not have to fly cross country. Thanks!

This is one of the few times it's appropriate to call/e-mail admissions and say you'll be in the area. They may not be able to squeeze you in, but it's worth the call.
I did, they said tough **** but it ultimately worked out:)

Congrats to those accepted! I interviewed last week and fell in love with this school-- the interview day was so well-organized and everyone was so lovely. Was told we would hear back first week of November and I'm stoked!

Reactions: 1 users
Any Maine Track folks hear back yet? If they gave us a time frame at the interview, I didn't write it down

Any Maine Track folks hear back yet? If they gave us a time frame at the interview, I didn't write it down

Interviewed 9/22 (first squad I think). I wrote something down about hearing back by the end of October.. Quite Antsy.