2018-2019 Tufts University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard anything from Tufts recently? Or are we assuming we won't see much WL movement until June-July when CTE comes into effect?

Any other fellow Maine Track WL'ers out there? I wonder how many people already CTE for the Maine Track..

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone heard anything from Tufts recently? Or are we assuming we won't see much WL movement until June-July when CTE comes into effect?

Any other fellow Maine Track WL'ers out there? I wonder how many people already CTE for the Maine Track..

I have not heard anything. I am very curious about what the waitlist movement is like specifically for the Maine Track. Anyone from years prior get waitlisted for Maine Track and then ultimately accepted?

It would be great to have an idea if I should just jump ship and start looking for housing where I am currently accepted.

I have not heard anything. I am very curious about what the waitlist movement is like specifically for the Maine Track. Anyone from years prior get waitlisted for Maine Track and then ultimately accepted?

It would be great to have an idea if I should just jump ship and start looking for housing where I am currently accepted.

Me too. I remember seeing someone in one of the prior year threads saying they got off WL in late May for Maine Track.

My concern is that most students applying for Maine Track probably have that as a top choice (Top 3) and if they get an offer will likely accept, meaning good estimates of acceptances and minimal WL movement. I unfortunately do not remember the numbers of MT specific applications, interviews, acceptances, and matriculants that were presented during interview day. I think it was something like 80 offers for 40 seats. Do you remember those numbers by chance?

Members don't see this ad :)
Me too. I remember seeing someone in one of the prior year threads saying they got off WL in late May for Maine Track.

My concern is that most students applying for Maine Track probably have that as a top choice (Top 3) and if they get an offer will likely accept, meaning good estimates of acceptances and minimal WL movement. I unfortunately do not remember the numbers of MT specific applications, interviews, acceptances, and matriculants that were presented during interview day. I think it was something like 80 offers for 40 seats. Do you remember those numbers by chance?

You are correct. I remember for sure it was 80 offers for 40 seats. They interview roughly 300 applicants each year. I don't remember the number of total applicants for MT or how many matriculated from those initial 80 offers (but I don't remember him going into that much detail).

i thought this was supposed to be a heavy WL yr. a lot of silence so far. anyone have any info?

i thought this was supposed to be a heavy WL yr. a lot of silence so far. anyone have any info?
Looks like most schools are still too antsy calculating matric yield to pull the trigger on WLs. We have to just wait. But yes I forsee lots of movement in the next 2 months

and just when I lost all hope, accepted! From the Maine WL, to everyone else still waiting, hang in there!!

Reactions: 9 users
and just when I lost all hope, accepted! From the Maine WL, to everyone else still waiting, hang in there!!

Congratulations! what a relief. If you are willing to entertain my curiosity, when did you get the call?

Members don't see this ad :)
not from maine but went to college in maine, interviewed in January

withdrawing from regular track with 1/2 tuition scholarship! Good luck to those waiting to hear back

Reactions: 5 users
There’s also the possibility that people are being called from WL and they don’t even know what student doc is
Unless they're admitting maybe 1-2 at a time, I find this pretty unlikely. Could be the hopeless optimism speaking though :)

Withdrew two days ago from Tufts Boston Track. Pulled from a cheaper school off of the waitlist. Loved Tufts, but I have to pass on the 400k loans....

Yah it's a hair test, and if you're popped for opiates you get a full tuition scholarship from the sackler family

/s

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
PSA for all my waitlisted comrades, I called admissions and was told that the CTE deadline in early July would likely be the start of movement. They said they've filled a few spots intermittently, but are waiting for the big CTE date.

Reactions: 1 users
PSA for all my waitlisted comrades, I called admissions and was told that the CTE deadline in early July would likely be the start of movement. They said they've filled a few spots intermittently, but are waiting for the big CTE date.

Wow that’s outrageous. What a cycle. Doesn’t school start late July? This should be information that the school should be letting everyone know very publicly imo.

Thanks for sharing with everyone. Is this specific to regular or Maine? Or both?

Wow that’s outrageous. What a cycle. Doesn’t school start late July? This should be information that the school should be letting everyone know very publicly imo.

Thanks for sharing with everyone. Is this specific to regular or Maine? Or both?
I only asked about the regular track, idk about Maine

I can’t imagine being called in July and basically moving to a new state within 3 weeks... Adcoms really need to get it together and make this process less cruel. Basically been a year since we applied and are still waiting.

*takes MCAT today hoping that adcoms will makes a decision in June before score comes out in July*
*reads thread updates*
*now has established proof that a supreme being hates me*
GG

What are the odds the cycle we apply everything is a mess and there is no precedent whatsoever to give us a guidance timeline! Just our luck right

Reactions: 2 users
it is frustrating that those who were given deferred decision post interview were told that we could get accepted at any time. And same goes for WL. I wish we were told that that the majority of movement will occur in July instead of having to wait on the edge of our seats everyday

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Wanted to add a data point for those like myself who have been wondering when waitlist movement was going to begin. I was accepted on Monday to the Regular Track MD Program - had previously accepted a "priority position" on the waitlist on 3/22.

Reactions: 1 users
Wanted to add a data point for those like myself who have been wondering when waitlist movement was going to begin. I was accepted on Monday to the Regular Track MD Program - had previously accepted a "priority position" on the waitlist on 3/22.
Congratulations on the acceptance! Just to clarify- you were accepted off of the waitlist this past Monday on 6/3? Did the waitlist email you received on 3/22 specify that you were in a "priority position"?

Congratulations on the acceptance! Just to clarify- you were accepted off of the waitlist this past Monday on 6/3? Did the waitlist email you received on 3/22 specify that you were in a "priority position"?
Thank you! The acceptance email did come on 6/3 and the waitlist email on 3/22 contained the text "At this time, we are not able to offer you a position in the incoming class but would like to offer you a priority position on our waitlist."

Wow that’s the first time I read that there’s a priority waitlist lol

Reactions: 4 users
Thank you! The acceptance email did come on 6/3 and the waitlist email on 3/22 contained the text "At this time, we are not able to offer you a position in the incoming class but would like to offer you a priority position on our waitlist."
Thanks for letting us know! Will you be accepting the offer?

It’s interesting because that was never mentioned at the interview or when I called admissions office or online! How sneaky of them

From what I understand, the priority waitlist is for applicants who interviewed late in the cycle and likely would have been accepted had there been any more acceptances to give (class is full). In an ideal world, they wouldn’t need to have a priority waitlist, but with this year’s new traffic rules I think they are being cautious with handing out acceptances. So it’s not exactly the same as a regular waitlist, but definitely just as disappointing. Source: I am on said waitlist.

Thanks for letting us know! Will you be accepting the offer?
Waiting to see about financial aid, but if I decline I hope the spot goes to one of you!

From what I understand, the priority waitlist is for applicants who interviewed late in the cycle and likely would have been accepted had there been any more acceptances to give (class is full).
That would make sense given that I interviewed in late February, close to the end of the Tufts interview season.

Makes total sense. Do you guys have any idea how many people may be on the priority waitlist? I wonder if they'll even get to the "normal" waitlist...

Makes total sense. Do you guys have any idea how many people may be on the priority waitlist? I wonder if they'll even get to the "normal" waitlist...

No clue, but a lot of people did withdraw (on SDN at least) so I am hoping we hear something soon!

Reactions: 3 users
EVERYONE!! I got the call around 2PM, ACCEPTED OFF THE REGULAR WAITLIST AND MY FIRST ACCEPTANCE!

Reactions: 17 users
Thank you!!! This just goes to show there’s still hope, don’t give up!