2018-2019 Tufts University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm with applepie, I've pretty much taken my deferred decision as a soft R and have started on my next app. Did any other deferred applicants fill out financial aid/is it worth it at this point?

I'm with applepie, I've pretty much taken my deferred decision as a soft R and have started on my next app. Did any other deferred applicants fill out financial aid/is it worth it at this point?

Don't give up just yet :)) It's not over until it's over! Also, I filled out the aid and submitted yesterday...my mom is very organized with her taxes so it was mostly just a matter of me making some copies and faxing over.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Any past or present applicants had luck with update letters or letters of intent?
Currently deferred for after September interview.

Offer withdrawn. Good luck my fellow countrymen. See you all on the other side :cat:

Reactions: 5 users
Someone mentioned we'd know the first week of May, but wouldn't it make sense to let applicants know before the April deadline? Or does that not matter for deferred candidates?
Applicants holding more than one acceptance must let the AAMC (and all schools where they hold acceptances) know whether or not they will matriculate by April 30, restricting each student to only one acceptance. Applicants can hold that single acceptance in addition to as many waitlists as they want beyond April 30. Because many students will drop acceptances on April 30, there is projected to be some waitlist movement at many schools after April 30. Deferred/waitlisted students should hear soon after this deadline.

Maine track rejection. The email states it’s for “all academic programs and training tracks”.

Okay, I just got an e-mail also and was deferred for the Maine track. I assume the "this applies to all programs and tracks" includes the Maine track? It's just weird that my deferral e-mail was MMC-TUSM and this e-mail was just TUSM.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry guys! Those that received the MMC-TUSM R today, when did you interview?

Is it possible that this is just the rejection for TUSM (normal/Boston track)? I never did hear from them... (holding onto any hope I can but recognize this is probs an R for Maine Track too). Agree it's weird deferral came from MMC-TUSM..

Is it possible that this is just the rejection for TUSM (normal/Boston track)? I never did hear from them... (holding onto any hope I can but recognize this is probs an R for Maine Track too). Agree it's weird deferral came from MMC-TUSM..

Right...that's what I am wondering too. It's unlikely, but it would just be nice if they were consistent with acronyms and such.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got waitlisted after being deferred in November for the regular track

I was deferred from Maine track in November and just received an email asking me to accept or decline a spot on the WL.

I just got the waitlist email too. I sent a letter of intent last month. I was fortunate enough to receive an MD acceptance already so at this point I am not too upset. Still, I will accept the waitlist offer and stick it out a while longer to see what happens. I can't help but wonder what the waitlist movement is like for the Maine Track.

also waitlisted regular track, anyone know if they have good waitlist movement?

Rejected after Deferral today =( , Late Jan Interview, Boston Campus, OOS

For those of you who were rejected today, thanks for keeping us updated and being with us throughout the cycle. Wish you guys the best of luck!

Reactions: 5 users
Any idea when we're supposed to receive our financial aid awards? Would love to know how many organs I'll have to sell before I fall in love with the school on second look

Reactions: 7 users
Withdrew acceptance, hope it'll help one of y'all!

Reactions: 6 users
Has anyone received financial aid packages yet? If so, where do we view these?

Would anyone be willing to give a recap of second look day?? Out of the country and wasn't able to go :(((

Reactions: 2 users
Would anyone be willing to give a recap of second look day?? Out of the country and wasn't able to go :(((

I only ended up going to the reception because I worked all day lol, but it was very chill, everyone was super nice, current students seemed to love it and 4th years were thrilled with their matches. Dean Neumeyer gave a brief (funny) speech about making choices. Made me excited about going!

anyone have info on this waitlist? much movement? tufts doesn't reveal much at all on msar or their site....

For people who went to 2nd look... did they say anything about when financial aid decisions are coming out? I would think it would be soon

Got my financial aid package in the mail 2 days ago. Better than anticipated.

On that note though, does anyone know if scholarship money is guaranteed for all four years? or if they can take it away and put you back on all loans.

Last edited:
Got my financial aid package in the mail 2 days ago. Better than anticipated.

On that note though, does anyone know if scholarship money is guaranteed for all four years? or if they can take it away and put you back on all loans.
Did it say when they sent it out?

For those who got finaid in the mail, is there any way to look at it online? I'm getting anxious that I haven't gotten mine yet lol