2017-2018 Tufts University Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
To those that recently got II, were there December dates, or are they already in January?

To those that recently got II, were there December dates, or are they already in January?
I signed up for an interview last week and there was one day in November left and a bunch in December!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II as well!!! OOS Complete mid August!! So stoked about this one!

Reactions: 6 users
Congrats on the II's!
I completed early august (1st week), am OOS with 70LM as well. Silent rejection? Does tufts do silent rejects?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
II!! yes i was losing hope because i haven't gotten an II in a long time.....complete mid-august OOS

Reactions: 9 users
Did you guys get an II just now? Been complete end of July and silent since then... I've probably been passed over or silently rejected.

Edit: LizzyM also 70, OOS

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
All the people who got II's today, what dates are available for interviewing?

Reactions: 1 users
All the people who got II's today, what dates are available for interviewing?
Tuesdays and Thursdays of every month. They were only into December when I picked a date today so all of January onwards is still open.

Congrats on the II's!
I completed early august (1st week), am OOS with 70LM as well. Silent rejection? Does tufts do silent rejects?
I don't think they silent reject, pretty sure from stalking last years feed Dec they started sending out rejections. I am dying to hear from Tufts!!

Can anybody give insight about the interview? The information they gave us about that day just says what time to check in and when it will end. Was anybody able to find a schedule or something on their portal or information about arranging a student host?

Can anybody give insight about the interview? The information they gave us about that day just says what time to check in and when it will end. Was anybody able to find a schedule or something on their portal or information about arranging a student host?
Interview day is super chill. You have 2 open file interviews either in the morning or afternoon. While half the group interviews the other half gets a tour. There is a financial aid presentation and a research presentation too.

Interview day is super chill. You have 2 open file interviews either in the morning or afternoon. While half the group interviews the other half gets a tour. There is a financial aid presentation and a research presentation too.
is it one faculty and one student?

I wonder if Tufts will send a rejection tidal wave like they did last year, that was a Pitt-level bloodbath

Hoping they reach September complete dates soon!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if they go back and give II even tho they seem to go in chronological order? Like if you were complete end of July and they're inviting August now is it reject or do they actually go back at all?

Does anyone know if they go back and give II even tho they seem to go in chronological order? Like if you were complete end of July and they're inviting August now is it reject or do they actually go back at all?
There are a lot of factors, it's not based on chronology necessarily. Check out last year's thread they had people complete in August getting II's in Jan

Does anyone have any insight to the Deferred list for the Maine Track? Is it pretty much a rejection or are there still good chances of getting in from it?

Does anyone have any insight to the Deferred list for the Maine Track? Is it pretty much a rejection or are there still good chances of getting in from it?

The way I understood it is that they just haven’t decided anything yet. They discuss your application again at the subsequent meeting and issue a decision then or continue to defer you until a decision has been reached. Purgatory.

So I noticed that Tufts seems to encourage updates from applicants. Has anyone tried sending an update/letter of interest letter pre-interview or is it better to wait until afterwards? Also, what type of achievements are considered appropriate for such a letter outside of research publications? For example, is something like being recognized as a featured volunteer due to active contribution considered appropriate within a letter of intent?

Accepted MD/MPH today. 1 month after MD (in case others are waiting).

Reactions: 3 users
So I noticed that Tufts seems to encourage updates from applicants. Has anyone tried sending an update/letter of interest letter pre-interview or is it better to wait until afterwards? Also, what type of achievements are considered appropriate for such a letter outside of research publications? For example, is something like being recognized as a featured volunteer due to active contribution considered appropriate within a letter of intent?
I sent an update and got an II! I got a new job and updated them about that.

Thanks for the response!
Did you just discuss your new job and emphasized your interest in the school again? I am thinking of doing this, but just not sure if it would be looked down on by adcoms.

Thanks for the response!
Did you just discuss your new job and emphasized your interest in the school again? I am thinking of doing this, but just not sure if it would be looked down on by adcoms.
Yep! I did exactly what you said.

Hi! First time posting on SDN but long-time viewer. Was just wondering if you emailed the update or uploaded it onto the portal under "Additional Documents"?

Hi! First time posting on SDN but long-time viewer. Was just wondering if you emailed the update or uploaded it onto the portal under "Additional Documents"?
I'm honored to be featured in your first post! Yeah, i just uploaded it into the tab!

Accepted into MD/MBA program just now! :)

Reactions: 12 users