2017-2018 Tufts University Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone with an II for Maine Track?

Reactions: 1 user
II for the Maine Track as well! Not from Maine but from (somewhat) rural New England with a strong interest in rural medicine. LM ~75, complete 7/9

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone with an II that applied MD/MBA?

Are your statuses changing from ready for review to anything prior to getting the II?
Mine still says ready for review. Have been portal stalking pretty aggressively and never saw it change to anything else before the II (Also don't know if it's different though for Maine track vs regular admission)

II for the Maine Track today (MA resident, school in ME), complete 7/18. 3.85/516, interview scheduled for early November.

Reactions: 4 users
Interview invite back on Tuesday as well :)

Long time lurker - first time poster T_T

Maine track interview 8/25 --> scheduled 9/22
Completely OOS residency although currently in MAMS program at BU
Totally NOT rural although interested in learning
MCAT: 516
cGPA: 3.56 / sGPA: 3.82

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does "ready for review" in my portal mean that I'm currently under review or that I'm waiting in a pile to be reviewed? Complete 7/20 and radio silence. :(

Does "ready for review" in my portal mean that I'm currently under review or that I'm waiting in a pile to be reviewed? Complete 7/20 and radio silence. :(
Complete 7/25. Same. It's a long process, they have thousands of applications to go through. It sucks waiting but I don't know that it is worth truly worrying this early.

Complete 7/1. And nothing but silence Don't worry yet lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Has Tufts really even given out a lot of IIs yet? I've only seen a few...

Complete early july, above average stats and have not heard anything from Tufts.

anybody else?

Reactions: 3 users
Complete early july, above average stats and have not heard anything from Tufts.

anybody else?

I wouldn't necessarily say I am above average- but I also was complete very early July and have heard from the schools that I was complete in early July... so you're not alone.

I wouldn't necessarily say I am above average- but I also was complete very early July and have heard from the schools that I was complete in early July... so you're not alone.
you have heard or have not heard?

anybody else?
This isn't uncommon. Tufts is one of the heaviest applied to programs in the country. It takes time to get through all those apps. I had "above average" stats when I applied and didn't get an II until November.

This isn't uncommon. Tufts is one of the heaviest applied to programs in the country. It takes time to get through all those apps. I had "above average" stats when I applied and didn't get an II until November.

Glad to see another fan of Archer in here! Krieger > Figgis

I checked the website but wanted to also confirm in here, Tufts is receptive to in the area e-mails, right?

I checked the website but wanted to also confirm in here, Tufts is receptive to in the area e-mails, right?
From the FAQs on the site:

I’m going to be in the Boston area soon. Will Tufts review my file right away, so if I get an interview at Tufts I can schedule it during my upcoming trip?
We review applications (and select applicants for interview) in the order in which the applications become complete. Our interview season extends from September until March, and an invitation to interview with us is good from the time it is issued until the end of our interview season. We extend open-ended invitations to help applicants consolidate a visit to Tufts with visits to other schools in our area. Unfortunately, we cannot extend an applicant any special or priority treatment due to travel plans.

From the FAQs on the site:

I’m going to be in the Boston area soon. Will Tufts review my file right away, so if I get an interview at Tufts I can schedule it during my upcoming trip?
We review applications (and select applicants for interview) in the order in which the applications become complete. Our interview season extends from September until March, and an invitation to interview with us is good from the time it is issued until the end of our interview season. We extend open-ended invitations to help applicants consolidate a visit to Tufts with visits to other schools in our area. Unfortunately, we cannot extend an applicant any special or priority treatment due to travel plans.

Does Tufts send out rejections throughout the cycle or only at the end?

II today! OOS, LM 67, URM!

Reactions: 4 users
II Friday. Picked a day today! OOS. Complete 7/22

Congrats to everyone getting IIs today. If anyone coming from OOS has questions about travel, lodging, etc, don't hesitate to ask. Also, if you have any Tufts specific questions pre-interview, I'm sure @quietninja72 and I would be down to answer them over a round of beers.

Anyone get an II that applied MD/MBA?

I've really fallen in love with this school, and my sister, whom I'm very close with, is a current student at the school of dentistry. Suffice it to say Tufts is at the very top of my list. I've been complete since 8/16 with no update yet. Would it be a faux pas to write a letter of interest, and does Tufts even accept those? Thanks in advance.

I've really fallen in love with this school, and my sister, whom I'm very close with, is a current student at the school of dentistry. Suffice it to say Tufts is at the very top of my list. I've been complete since 8/16 with no update yet. Would it be a faux pas to write a letter of interest, and does Tufts even accept those? Thanks in advance.
You haven't even been complete for an entire month at a school that gets 10,000+ applicants. I wouldn't really be worried right now...

I'm not sure if they accept letters of interest (you can probably find this on their website), but I would not worry yet. I've been complete since 7/6 and have yet to hear anything. As much as waiting blows, there is still a lot of time left in the cycle.

You haven't even been complete for an entire month at a school that gets 10,000+ applicants. I wouldn't really be worried right now...

Oh haha, it's not the time frame that's bothering me. I'm a re-app so I've become comfortable with silence. Just wanted to add some context.

I'm not sure if they accept letters of interest (you can probably find this on their website), but I would not worry yet. I've been complete since 7/6 and have yet to hear anything. As much as waiting blows, there is still a lot of time left in the cycle.

Cheers.

Usually you wouldn't write a LOI until after an interview. Hang in there. They have a ton of applications to review.

Oh haha, it's not the time frame that's bothering me. I'm a re-app so I've become comfortable with silence. Just wanted to add some context.

Cheers.
I sympathize, it's a grueling process and waiting sucks. I'm sure it's felt like an eternity for you- but a month is seriously nothing in terms of admission. So try to relax :)

I'm currently in their MPH program. It is a great, very socially aware program.