2022-2023 Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm assuming if I've been deferred decision since october that I've basically been rejected?
Same here … assuming the same thing. When do deferred applicants historically hear back?

Members don't see this ad.

Same here … assuming the same thing. When do deferred applicants historically hear back?
In theory, at any moment in time.
Looking at past SDN threads, it looks like deferrals become WL or R in mid-April. And there's wait list movement beginning in early May.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Completed on 8/8, IS, LM 76. I know some people who submitted before and after me that received pre-ii Rs, and I also see they’ve been actively sending waves of Rs throughout the cycle… but I still haven’t heard anything from them yet :/ I’m wondering if it’s worth sending a letter of interest at this point to help get an II?? It seems like they are interviewing til late March, but given how late it is, would a letter make any difference?
In the same boat

Anyone have info on if attendance to the equity discussion Zoom next week might have an impact on Adcom decisions?

Anyone have info on if attendance to the equity discussion Zoom next week might have an impact on Adcom decisions?
I totally thought it was a decision email for a second when I saw it in my inbox 💀 seems like such a minimal effort thing for us to participate in, so it'd be hard to imagine them changing an application decision based on if a person logs into a zoom meeting IMHO.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm pretty sure they said at my interview that the next adcom meeting is on 3/6 anyway so yeah I highly doubt it has any bearing

Just got an interview invite. Wow seems so late in the cycle lol. I think I submitted secondary around august

Reactions: 13 users
I'm pretty sure they said at my interview that the next adcom meeting is on 3/6 anyway so yeah I highly doubt it has any bearing
On my interview day they said they would meet on 3/3 and then the week of 3/6 an announcement would go out

I'm also wondering about financial aid... particularly if anyone has heard about Maine Track scholarships?

I'm also wondering about financial aid... particularly if anyone has heard about Maine Track scholarships?
Maine Track scholarships go out around mid-March based off last year’s thread (someone posted on 3/25 that they’d all already been awarded), so it’ll probably be another 2-3 weeks before we hear anything.

Anyone know how to set up the tufts acc I feel really stupid rn

Does anyone know if they are still offering IIs?

Reactions: 17 users
Got the A just now!!! Barring anything crazy I will see y'all in Boston! Interviewed 2/27

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
Just got the A call! Interviewed in Feb. Best of luck to everyone else still waiting to hear back, and congratulations to all my other potential future classmates! 🎉

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

Wait so if I am reading this correctly, we are not considered for scholarship money unless we submitted financial aid information by January 27th?
That was the priority deadline for students who interviewed prior to Jan 27th. Otherwise, the priority deadline is within two weeks of interviewing. Anyone who interviewed before Jan 27th and applied for FA after that date or applied past two weeks from interviewing is still considered, but on an "if there's money left you can have some, but if not, oh well" basis. This is my understanding, but you should call the office if you want to be sure. I've called with questions before and they are responsive/follow up with any action items if necessary.

Complete in July, still nothing, safe to assume I’ll be rejected soon?

Reactions: 11 users
Complete in July, still nothing, safe to assume I’ll be rejected soon?

Same here and I've heard nothing. I was hoping I could get something from the Maine track but at this point in the cycle, I think I'm just gonna assume I'm rejected from all schools that haven't interviewed me

Pre-II R. Loved this school. Good luck to everyone else :)

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Has anyone else gotten a Pre-II R or a II recently? Tufts was my first secondary and I submitted it literally early July and have heard nothing from them in 8 months....

Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone else gotten a Pre-II R or a II recently? Tufts was my first secondary and I submitted it literally early July and have heard nothing from them in 8 months....
yeah im in the same boat lol. just assuming it's an R now

Reactions: 3 users
+1. anyone else just love a generic rejection email after paying adcoms 130$ to not speak to you for 250+ days? This process is so wonderful and really makes me feel like a valued human.

Reactions: 7 users
Love that I thought cycle was over and am finally enjoying some stress-free life....then Tufts reminds me that I wasn't good enough LOL. This process is truly PAINFUL.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Love that I thought cycle was over and am finally enjoying some stress-free life....then Tufts reminds me that I wasn't good enough LOL. This process is truly PAINFUL.
Their loss

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Pre-II R, good luck to everyone! :)

• Care