2017-2018 Tufts University Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was completed end of July and still haven't heard back. Likely a rejection?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I have had that weird "Your application is ready!" status since late September. Submitted in late July. Unsure if it means my application is ready for rejection or an interview invite.

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have had that weird "Your application is ready!" status since late September. Submitted in late July. Unsure if it means my application is ready for rejection or an interview invite.
+1 on that seems so enthusiastic

what was your status before that? mine was that since the day i submitted my secondary

Reactions: 1 user
Has anybody else with an IA received an e-mail from Tufts asking for a letter from a school official? Anyone know how heavily Tufts weighs IAs?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a feeling that the swift axe of rejection is going to strike hard.

How late does Tufts's interview season run? And any idea from recent II people what dates they're currently scheduling for? Come onnnnn Tufts. Show me some love!

Reactions: 4 users
Another Maine Track question: anyone know if post-interview we have to be rejected from the Maine Track before we're considered for the regular track? (I haven't been rejected or heard anything yet, but I'm trying to prepare myself for that eventuality)

Another Maine Track question: anyone know if post-interview we have to be rejected from the Maine Track before we're considered for the regular track? (I haven't been rejected or heard anything yet, but I'm trying to prepare myself for that eventuality)

You have to get an II in Boston to be considered for the regular track at Tufts. I got II's for both tracks in early Sept before completing either interview.

You have to get an II in Boston to be considered for the regular track at Tufts. I got II's for both tracks in early Sept before completing either interview.

Do you know if there is only one round of Maine Track interviews or multiple?

Do you know if there is only one round of Maine Track interviews or multiple?
They definitely interview throughout the whole season. I don't know about rounds of invites, though.

I'm not sure that's true? I interviewed for Maine Track back in the beginning of October, but I haven't heard anything from the Boston track, definitely haven't had an II there.
Edit: I misread, thought you said you had to have a Boston II to get into the Maine Track. Ignore me.

Last edited:
I'm not sure that's true? I interviewed for Maine Track back in the beginning of October, but I haven't heard anything from the Boston track, definitely haven't had an II there.

I wasn't sure it worked this way either TBH, until I got both IIs (two weeks apart). Here's a quote from the boston II:

"Please note that this interview invitation is for the traditional M.D. program - regular track on the Boston Campus. If you are applying to the Maine Track or the M.D./Ph.D. program, you will be contacted separately regarding your application. Your decision to accept this interview invitation to the traditional M.D. program - regular track is completely independent from the Maine Track and M.D./Ph.D. review process and will have no bearing on your candidacy to that track/program. If you are selected to be interviewed for the Maine Track or the M.D./Ph.D. program, you will be invited to a separate Interview Day for that track/program."

I wasn't sure it worked this way either TBH, until I got both IIs (two weeks apart). Here's a quote from the boston II:

"Please note that this interview invitation is for the traditional M.D. program - regular track on the Boston Campus. If you are applying to the Maine Track or the M.D./Ph.D. program, you will be contacted separately regarding your application. Your decision to accept this interview invitation to the traditional M.D. program - regular track is completely independent from the Maine Track and M.D./Ph.D. review process and will have no bearing on your candidacy to that track/program. If you are selected to be interviewed for the Maine Track or the M.D./Ph.D. program, you will be invited to a separate Interview Day for that track/program."
Welp, I'm here to confirm that you don't need to interview in Boston to get into the Maine Track! Just got the acceptance call from Dr. Bing-You about a half hour ago! OOS, LM~75, interviewed early Oct.

Reactions: 5 users
Hey guys, my friend interviewed on 10/6 for Maine track and got in today as well! Good luck to everyone waiting on decisions!

Welp, I'm here to confirm that you don't need to interview in Boston to get into the Maine Track! Just got the acceptance call from Dr. Bing-You about a half hour ago! OOS, LM~75, interviewed early Oct.

OMG congrats!!! I’m so happy to hear you got in after watching your journey in the forums! I interviewed 9/22, really hoping we can be classmates next fall :highfive:

Got an II this afternoon!

Reactions: 6 users

+1. Found out a few days ago. Kinda bummed since I though my interviews went so well, but hey, they didn't reject us right off the bat so that counts for something!

Too scared to ask what percentage of deferred applicants are granted a spot at Tufts. Any current med students have any inspiring deferral stories they'd like to share?