2022-2023 Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know when the FAFSA is due? I know we had to submit the financial aid packet thing last month but when is the actual FAFSA deadline?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know when the FAFSA is due? I know we had to submit the financial aid packet thing last month but when is the actual FAFSA deadline?
FAFSA was a part of the fin aid checklist that came with the packet thing, so if you haven't done it yet I would try and do that as soon as possible.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any accepted students waiting to hear back from dual MPH program? Do you know when we can hear back about that?

Anyone get hit with an II during this first week of February?

How many other deferred people are on here checking every day lol

Reactions: 4 users
Haha this is me but I think the ADCOM only meets once a month so there shouldn't be any news until late February at the earliest.

Haha this is me but I think the ADCOM only meets once a month so there shouldn't be any news until late February at the earliest.
They told the late January interviewers that we would hear the week of the 13th so maybe around then

Reactions: 1 users
I was deferred in January, but I’m expecting to not hear back until April based on last years SDN. However, I do realize SDN likely represents only a fraction of overall decisions.

I was deferred in January, but I’m expecting to not hear back until April based on last years SDN. However, I do realize SDN likely represents only a fraction of overall decisions.
In last year's SDN how many post II deferrals were granted acceptances?

Anyone still radio silence? submitted mid July and have had 0 updates, good or bad.

Reactions: 8 users
$130 processing fee to not get processed at all. Yall think I can take all these silent rejection schools to Judge Judy or something

• Haha
Reactions: 21 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Adcom meets every weds according to someone during my II

Just called admissions, interviewing until the end of March

Reactions: 18 users
How is Tufts handling their pediatrics rotation since Tufts Floating Hospital shut down?

I’m an M3 at a different school, but I’m kind of curious…

How is Tufts handling their pediatrics rotation since Tufts Floating Hospital shut down?

I’m an M3 at a different school, but I’m kind of curious…
Boston children’s and then I think somewhere else

Reactions: 1 user
Hoping for an II... I wonder when they stop :0

Reactions: 11 users
Any recent A's? Interviewed 2 weeks ago, haven't heard back. Good luck everyone!

Any recent A's? Interviewed 2 weeks ago, haven't heard back. Good luck everyone!
Doesn't seem like it.
When did they tell you the next committee meeting would happen?

They told interviewees on 1/23 we should hear back this week! So hopefully movement soon.

got the A as well interviewed 1/30

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Any movement from anyone? No A or D yet, II end of January. Fingers crossed!!! :)

Anyone hear anything about Maine Track? I interviewed end of January, no news so far

anyone know when they give decisions on md/mph, i was accepted to MD so i am wondering if i will be rejected from MPH

Anyone hear anything about Maine Track? I interviewed end of January, no news so far
Got the deferred email almost right after posting this question

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
anyone know when they give decisions on md/mph, i was accepted to MD so i am wondering if i will be rejected from MPH
I also was confused, I think the mph acceptance can only come after you accept offer. But if you get more clarification, please let me know

Is anyone in a position where they're debating between Tufts and their state school (which presumably would be a lot cheaper)? I love Tufts and the idea of living in Boston but it's hard to justify spending so much more as compared to a similarly ranked state school

Reactions: 2 users
Is anyone in a position where they're debating between Tufts and their state school (which presumably would be a lot cheaper)? I love Tufts and the idea of living in Boston but it's hard to justify spending so much more as compared to a similarly ranked state school
I'm an MA resident currently accepted at UMass and deferred from the Tufts Maine Track—I don't have much hope for getting in but I'm thinking that I'm probably going to commit to UMass regardless for the in-state tuition. I estimated I'd save about $100K over four years by going to my state school and I have zero family contribution, so it felt worth it to me. Plus, cost of living in Boston is very high. However, I think it all depends on your goals and what matters to you! I would talk to your advisor or mentor and see what they think about rankings/name recognition vs. in-state tuition. I did love Tufts and was very sad when I didn't get in so I completely understand the draw and this is just my opinion. Best of luck wherever you go and congrats on your As!

any idea if tufts has a good reputation for offering decent financial aid?

I'm an MA resident currently accepted at UMass and deferred from the Tufts Maine Track—I don't have much hope for getting in but I'm thinking that I'm probably going to commit to UMass regardless for the in-state tuition. I estimated I'd save about $100K over four years by going to my state school and I have zero family contribution, so it felt worth it to me. Plus, cost of living in Boston is very high. However, I think it all depends on your goals and what matters to you! I would talk to your advisor or mentor and see what they think about rankings/name recognition vs. in-state tuition. I did love Tufts and was very sad when I didn't get in so I completely understand the draw and this is just my opinion. Best of luck wherever you go and congrats on your As!
Thanks, I appreciate you sharing your thoughts. Best of luck to you as well, and congrats on the A at UMass!!

Interviewed 1/4, accepted a couple weeks later. I’m turning it down so hoping it goes to one of you on the waitlist!

Reactions: 8 users
I completed the MPH application on 7/18 and got the acceptance email on 1/19 after being accepted to the regular MD on 12/21

does anyone know if we can bring guests for the second look day? also, how long until others were accepted to the fb page?

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know what the status of IIs are? When was the last round of IIs… it’s been a while right?
Their website says by March 31 all applicants should have either an II or a letter of regret. Someone else reported calling and they said they are interviewing through March.

Is there an accepted students group me? If not, I’m down to get one started

I'm assuming if I've been deferred decision since october that I've basically been rejected?