2017-2018 California University of Science and Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No idea because they have been keeping everyone who hasn't been waitlisted (or accepted) in limbo since no one has been rejected yet. Also I wonder how they order which applicants to review after the interview because it seems like some people are waitlisted very quickly after their interview and others weeks later?

They said they rejected a few people who totally bombed their interview

Members don't see this ad.

No idea because they have been keeping everyone who hasn't been waitlisted (or accepted) in limbo since no one has been rejected yet. Also I wonder how they order which applicants to review after the interview because it seems like some people are waitlisted very quickly after their interview and others weeks later? If it is a real waitlist seems like people in limbo have a good chance for acceptances after tomorrows date!

Yeah if you're still under consideration they will still be actively comparing you to everyone that recently interviewed.

Members don't see this ad :)
So far 14 people reported being waitlisted. 21 were accepted.

Reactions: 1 user
I found out on Tuesday of this week that I was accepted as of last week.
Don’t give up hope guys!

Reactions: 1 users
So are we gonna expect a huge surge of responses next week then?

waitlist people might hear back since a few people withdrew

But will they just look at that as more open seats to accept recent interviewees from this last week and people still under consideration? Or will they actually set that aside for waitlist people?

When I asked a similar question:
"During the interview day, students were told most applicants would be placed “on hold” and be continuously re-evaluated after each interview day. Does being placed on the waitlist mean my application will only be considered again after all interview days for this cycle are finished?"

Dean E replied:
"Waitlist means that as accepted students withdraw their acceptance and a spot in the class becomes available, you will be considered to fill the vacated position."

I really don't know lol

Members don't see this ad :)
When I asked a similar question:
"During the interview day, students were told most applicants would be placed “on hold” and be continuously re-evaluated after each interview day. Does being placed on the waitlist mean my application will only be considered again after all interview days for this cycle are finished?"

Dean E replied:
"Waitlist means that as accepted students withdraw their acceptance and a spot in the class becomes available, you will be considered to fill the vacated position."

I really don't know lol

So is it better to be on the waitlist or on hold, still unsure.

So is it better to be on the waitlist or on hold, still unsure.

I'd say hold. They may decide to fill the rest of the class first before looking at the waitlist people... and I can't say how many more people are going to withdraw this far after traffic day.

i'm starting to think the waitlist doesn't really mean waitlist.. lol more like a let's wait and see what happens

Reactions: 2 users
Waitlist is better than under consideration. They said by June 15 everyone should know something
And all 60 slots will be extended and then go down w/l as a continuum .
Last interview was last Friday according to them so they are meeting about those people and will proceed from there.
This school is the 4th startup for dr s and his other schools are doing great so yes there may be computer glitches and everybody in the staff is due to the situation but you will still be called Dr. after the four years and the school will 100% succeed I know this for a fact . You will still Be called doctor and medical school is what you make of it and if you want a residency go after the one you want.
It is really a guaranteed to do well curriculum.
You have recorded lectures you meet in big group
Then smaller group take quizzes individually and then as a group . After going over the same scenario 4 times how can one fail?
Stop worrying everyone you will all do great and thrive at this school. So you will be guinea pigs but as a group you will all get through it together.

Has anyone been rejected post interview? Hopefully decision by the end of this week.

Has anyone been rejected post interview? Hopefully decision by the end of this week.
At the interview they said only a few people had been rejected, and it was for huge mistakes that they made. Like it was said earlier, they were waiting to offer the rest of the acceptances until the last interview date (last friday). I would bet things are gonna happen this week.

now I wanna know whoever got rejected why they think they got rejected??

At the interview they said only a few people had been rejected, and it was for huge mistakes that they made. Like it was said earlier, they were waiting to offer the rest of the acceptances until the last interview date (last friday). I would bet things are gonna happen this week.

now I wanna know whoever got rejected why they think they got rejected??

"Huge mistakes that they made".. lol the interview was just discussing your app and a couple standardized questions...

If very few have been rejected post interview that doesn't look like very good odds for the people on the waitlist. It would be better to still be "under consideration" because then you would still be actively compared to the people who just interviewed last week.

**check you spam for drug screening***
Wait so we have to pay for this drug screening ourselves???

PSA there are now 34 in the fb group:shifty: I wasn't always this neurotic..what have I become

also, there was one person at my interview day who was obnoxious and in my opinion, rude...I felt two of the faculty we sat with at lunch also felt this way... that person mayyy have fallen in the "huge mistakes" category haha but what do I know

Since my last communication there has been quite a bit of movement at Cornell.
There have also been new acceptances at UNC, EVA, UCR, Tufts, GT and CUSM.
This post is from 5/17/18

Not from where I can see.
On the other hand, there was a boatload from UCSD.
There were also new acceptances from Columbia and CUSM.
This post is from 5/24/18

According to gyngyn, some people received CUSM acceptances at the school gyngyn is an adcom at. Not sure if it was from waitlist or outright acceptance. Have not seen any posts on SDN though.

Edit: In response to:
Has anyone heard of waitlist acceptances yet?

This post is from 5/17/18

This post is from 5/24/18

According to gyngyn, some people received CUSM acceptances at the school gyngyn is an adcom at. Not sure if it was from waitlist or outright acceptance. Have not seen any posts on SDN though.

Edit: In response to:

For the acceptances today maybe they reported acceptances to AMCAS but not to students yet which is why no new fb people and no sdn postings but adcoms at other schools know

Reactions: 1 users
Some people that were accepted probably aren't even aware of the facebook group either.

Some people that were accepted probably aren't even aware of the facebook group either.
Did everyone on the WL get the email that said the class is full, and you’re still under consideration, but you can be automatically accepted for the masters program?

Did everyone on the WL get the email that said the class is full, and you’re still under consideration, but you can be automatically accepted for the masters program?

Yup, got a generalized email saying just that. Anyone thinking of going that route?

At this point it’s on my radar, but I’m not really ready to commit to it
The thought of relocating for a 1-year masters, which still may or may not result in an acceptance, isn't too appealing to me personally

The thought of relocating for a 1-year masters, which still may or may not result in an acceptance, isn't too appealing to me personally

I agree. I'd rather just try and apply to Temple's post bacc program or Tulanes ALCP. Pretty much tight linkages with those programs.

Can anyone post a copy of that email? I was on the waitlist and didn't receive one yet.

Dear MD Program Applicant,

I know you have been anxiously waiting for an update regarding the status of your application to CUSM-SOM. You remain on the alternate list, and your application is under consideration for acceptance into the MD program.

While the MD program is filled, if an opportunity does open up, you will certainly be considered for that seat. That said, we have another opportunity that we would like to make you aware of, should it be of interest.

The SOM launched a one-year, Master of Biological Science (MBS) Degree program designed for students who wish to enhance their academic qualifications and candidacy for a career in healthcare. The inaugural class will start this fall. MBS | CUSM

CUSM-SOM is prepared to offer you immediate acceptance into our MBS program while you remain under consideration for a seat in the MD program. In addition, we will guarantee that you will be granted the opportunity to interview for our MD program for the class entering in the fall of 2019. This is a significant opportunity as we anticipate receiving over 5,000 applications next year with only a small fraction of that number being offered an on-campus interview.

If you are interested in accepting this opportunity, you will remain on the MD program’s alternate list so that if you are accepted into the MD program this fall, you would not miss that opportunity.

If you would like to accept our offer to receive immediate acceptance into our MBS, please let us know immediately, as space is limited. If interested, please sign below, scan, and return this document to [email protected] for processing. If I may be of further service, please let me know.

Sincerely,

A. Peter Eveland, EdD
Associate Dean of Student Affairs and Admissions

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users

$32,500.00 + 1 year of classes (opportunity cost) for one shot, one opportunity, to seize everything you ever wanted.

Would you take it or just let it slip?

Guess we just aren’t automatic acceptance into MBS material

Nah we're going to get the "conditional acceptance" to the MBS email.

Or the rejected from waitlist email.

Hopefully not the second one.

$32,500.00 + 1 year of classes (opportunity cost) for one shot, one opportunity, to seize everything you ever wanted.

Would you take it or just let it slip?
Like someone said, Tulanes program and others likely better

Honestly it looks like just another marketing for their MBS like they did with the fake rejections so I don’t think it means anything

Did anyone not on the waitlist also get the email?

So is the class full? Still in limbo, haven't heard anything back yet but status still says "screening."

Guess we just aren’t automatic acceptance into MBS material
Orrrr it was their way of telling me that I have no chance to get off their WL, and better luck next year and y’all will hear better news later lol