2017-2018 Mayo Clinic School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
On hold as of August 22nd

Members don't see this ad.

Hm... Complete 7/21 and haven't heard anything. >.>

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has any 2+2 applicants heard back? Complete 7/21

Edit: OMG THEY REVERSED THE DECISION. Got an email saying they mistakenly put my app on the withdrawal list. I feel giddy! They said I'll receive a secondary in 1-2 days.

Reactions: 12 users
Edit: OMG THEY REVERSED THE DECISION. Got an email saying they mistakenly put my app on the withdrawal list. I feel giddy! They said I'll receive a secondary in 1-2 days.

And that is why it's sometimes a good idea to call!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats!! that's gotta be a nice surprise :)

Reactions: 1 users
Same situation here! Got rejected almost immediately. Just received an email today that my app was mistakenly rejected and that I should receive a secondary soon.

Reactions: 3 users

Same! Except to Mayo AZ (I added last week) oddly enough I never received a rejection email, just the email saying I was inadvertently moved to the Preliminary Withdrawal status and that will be fixed in the next 48 hours... Here's to hoping my email isn't hoarding the important emails in an attempt to get me to use it instead of a med school .edu

ME TOO LOL

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh man, somebody made a big mistake. Glad they fixed for all of you.

Completed on 8/13 with a LizzyM of 70ish, and radio silence. Some times no news is good news.

Neurotic question... are we supposed to respond to the email or anything? Or are you just waiting to receive the secondary?

Neurotic question... are we supposed to respond to the email or anything? Or are you just waiting to receive the secondary?

I just responded saying thank you! I don't think it really matters though

II this morning. First one of the cycle for me. Complete 8/13

Reactions: 4 users
Woo! First II of the cycle! Still in shock! LizzyM 75, Complete 7/25.

Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone have any thoughts on the 2+2 program? How does our choice selection on our secondary (only, first, second, no choice) affect our consideration for the regular program? Thanks!

Does anyone have any thoughts on the 2+2 program? How does our choice selection on our secondary (only, first, second, no choice) affect our consideration for the regular program? Thanks!

I picked it as "first choice" because I really love the Jacksonville campus (I'm a patient there). I did not pick it as "only choice" because I love the Mayo Clinic so much I'd be super happy spending all four years there and did not want to limit my application. It appears that many of us are FL residents (hence the choice). As far as I can tell, those of us who picked that as our first choice have not received IIs - that means absolutely nothing in terms of whether it will prevent us from getting interviews, but it does appear that they may be reviewing those in a different order from the others. Or that those of us who picked it had lower stats. Or that there are just so few people who picked it that we don't have the few people who HAVE been chosen for an II on SDN. (keep in mind that the interviews for that program are held in Jacksonville - a super big plus for me as well, although I only found that out three weeks after submitting).

I would say go with what you feel on the situation. You will likely get a richer clinical experience at the Rochester campus. If you are not drawn to the idea of living in Jacksonville or don't have family in Florida or have absolutely no reason why you would want to spend 2 years there, then do not put it as your first or only choice. If you are drawn to it, I don't believe having it as first choice actually hurts your chances of getting in.

Reactions: 2 users
I picked it as "first choice" because I really love the Jacksonville campus (I'm a patient there). I did not pick it as "only choice" because I love the Mayo Clinic so much I'd be super happy spending all four years there and did not want to limit my application. It appears that many of us are FL residents (hence the choice). As far as I can tell, those of us who picked that as our first choice have not received IIs - that means absolutely nothing in terms of whether it will prevent us from getting interviews, but it does appear that they may be reviewing those in a different order from the others. Or that those of us who picked it had lower stats. Or that there are just so few people who picked it that we don't have the few people who HAVE been chosen for an II on SDN. (keep in mind that the interviews for that program are held in Jacksonville - a super big plus for me as well, although I only found that out three weeks after submitting).

I would say go with what you feel on the situation. You will likely get a richer clinical experience at the Rochester campus. If you are not drawn to the idea of living in Jacksonville or don't have family in Florida or have absolutely no reason why you would want to spend 2 years there, then do not put it as your first or only choice. If you are drawn to it, I don't believe having it as first choice actually hurts your chances of getting in.

Awesome, thank you so much

Complete 8/7. Still not rejected :arghh: hoping for some love!

Scheduled my interview last night for 10/13.... in hindsight probably not the best to schedule an interview in October on Friday the 13th....
Haha I scheduled an interview at a diff school for 10/13 too! Wasn't til after that I realized it was Friday the 13th...oh well

So for those of us on hold, are we realistically still in the running?

Scheduled my interview last night for 10/13.... in hindsight probably not the best to schedule an interview in October on Friday the 13th....
I scheduled an interview at a different school on 9/11. Kinda regret it for the same reasons.

I scheduled an interview at a different school on 9/11. Kinda regret it for the same reasons.
I was about to schedule my Einstein interview on 9/11, then realized the date...quickly switched it to a later one once I realized lol.

But in reality, I'm sure you'll be okay!

Oh god, hopefully it's not a New York City school.

Too soon?

I felt the same way though flying to the east coast on 9/11. I'm confident that if I also fly on 10/13 then I'm testing fate too much.