2016-2017 University of Vermont Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
SDN is very select pool / users are more inclined to post positive news and not post bad news .... that being said, who knows ..

True. Given the lack of verifiable data on the matter, it's hard to make an accurate statement on the small pool.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I also wonder if there is a difference in the breakdown of %age of applicants small pooled over the course of the cycle. Just like how you have a higher probability of acceptance if you submit early, it could be that later in the cycle fewer people make it to the small pool.

I almost wish I had more secondaries to write just to keep my mind out of these rabbit holes it's been exploring.

Pooled at some point in the last few hours. :) submitted 7/21

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who were small pooled, what was the message on your secondary portal before you got small pooled?

Mine states

"Your supplemental application has been received. Please note that it may take 6-8 weeks for all materials to be processed; at certain times of the year, it may take as many as 10-12 weeks. You should continue to periodically check on the status of your file through the Online Applicant Center. We appreciate your patience! "

I submitted earlier this week. Just curious if I they didn't small pool me or if there is a chance.

Thanks!

For those who were small pooled, what was the message on your secondary portal before you got small pooled?

Mine states

"Your supplemental application has been received. Please note that it may take 6-8 weeks for all materials to be processed; at certain times of the year, it may take as many as 10-12 weeks. You should continue to periodically check on the status of your file through the Online Applicant Center. We appreciate your patience! "

I submitted earlier this week. Just curious if I they didn't small pool me or if there is a chance.

Thanks!

That's how mine read until I was small pooled today.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't everyone get small pooled?

See post earlier in the thread about stats from 2 cycles ago. However, I may have missed it, but has anyone NOT been small pooled yet and posted this year?

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

See post earlier in the thread about stats from 2 cycles ago. However, I may have missed it, but has anyone NOT been small pooled yet and posted this year?

I don't know how much I trust that statistic. Isn't it possible the the people who didn't post about being small pooled were actually small pooled but they just didn't post about it?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I think part of the issue with this is if you have not been small pooled yet, you have not necessarily been rejected either. So, I am assuming that people have been waiting to post until they are actually small pooled, in which case, we can't really tell right now who has not been small pooled unless every single person is posting their current status.

I am still not small pooled, and I was complete on 7/21. I don't know the timeline of others, but since I have started seeing people complete on 7/22 and beyond getting small pooled, I have assumed my application has been reviewed and I am not small pooled for the time being. Optimism tells me I still have time, but classic premed neuroticism tells me that I'm never getting an interview (even though I know it is obviously very early in the interview process).

Members don't see this ad :)
Small-pooled sometime between Thursday and this morning! Hoping that's a good sign! (OOS, complete around 7/20 I think?)

I think part of the issue with this is if you have not been small pooled yet, you have not necessarily been rejected either. So, I am assuming that people have been waiting to post until they are actually small pooled, in which case, we can't really tell right now who has not been small pooled unless every single person is posting their current status.

I am still not small pooled, and I was complete on 7/21. I don't know the timeline of others, but since I have started seeing people complete on 7/22 and beyond getting small pooled, I have assumed my application has been reviewed and I am not small pooled for the time being. Optimism tells me I still have time, but classic premed neuroticism tells me that I'm never getting an interview (even though I know it is obviously very early in the interview process).
I think you are fine as of now. I saw people getting small-polled complete on 7/22 (I was complete 7/20). I am now small-pooled.

I didn't have all my letters in before I was small pooled

I haven't been small pooled :) my guess is many of us haven't been posting because well.....it's not that exciting to keep posting that we aren't small pooled haha.

I'm fairly convinced that everyone is small pooled...everyone here is desperately grasping for straws (myself included haha)

If one person has a different status then that'll convince me otherwise

I'm fairly convinced that everyone is small pooled...everyone here is desperately grasping for straws (myself included haha)

If one person has a different status then that'll convince me otherwise
Last year, this was definitely not the case. Some people remained on the 6-8 weeks status until they received a rejection, others were small pooled much later on... Does not appear to be a linear process.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm on cycle 3 now. Had everything in super early last year. Small pooled early-mid August. Nothing, not a word from admissions until "sorry we can't act favorably on you" in late March. I won't be checking nearly as much this year. KeesMD is right, its not linear. The small pool is just another hurdle. Don't obsess over it, it'll just eat away at you.

Interview!!!

LizzyM ~ 70, complete 7/12, OOS (but some New England ties)

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know where we can find more info about the UMV interview day? The UVM web page is pretty vague - I'm honestly not quite sure if it is an MMI or not based on that page lol.

Does anyone know where we can find more info about the UMV interview day? The UVM web page is pretty vague - I'm honestly not quite sure if it is an MMI or not based on that page lol.

Fairly sure it's MMI, but call them! Also, when's your interview?

II just now!

Nontrad low GPA high MCAT complete 7/20 and small pooled soon after.

Reactions: 1 users
II!!!!! First one!! OOS, non-trad, fairly low stats but tons of experience and research!

JW, does it matter that I was small pooled early on? I was small pooled a few days after submitting, but I haven't received an interview yet. I'm a third time applicant. My Lizzy M for my undergrad is a 67 BCPM, 64 overall. I have two graduate degrees (MS and MPH) and my Lizzy M is a 68 BCPM and a 67 overall for those programs.

Didn't get an email about being small pooled but when I logged into their application website to check if I pressed submit, it showed that I was pooled.

II today!
33/3.8 OOS Reapplicant

Reactions: 1 users
II this afternoon!!

OOS, Complete 07/16, Small pooled 07/19

Reactions: 2 users