2018-2019 University of Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wait , really ? Who is still waiting ?
Pretty sure most people from January ( 1/17 and 1/18 interviews) have not heard anything.

Members don't see this ad.

!! accepted this morning ~ 8:40am EST. OOS.

Interviewed 1/9, got VT campus, which was my preference!!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I know someone has asked but not sure if anyone had an answer. does UVM send official acceptance packets / mail? Cause I haven’t gotten one and my email came in on feb 1st ...

Reactions: 1 user
1st year here, last year they sent out hard copies in masses, sometime in April I believe

Anyone know when we're supposed to receive the email asking us to select a campus preference post-interview? I interviewed on February 15.
I got mine on the wednesday after the interview on the 15th, i would email them right away!

February 8th

Holy crap I wasn't expecting to hear back for another month! Although if the acceptances/rejections really aren't in order of interview then maybe I will be waiting until April lol. Congrats!

I also wonder if the order can be dictated by campus preference??? I selected prefer VT.

Holy crap I wasn't expecting to hear back for another month! Although if the acceptances/rejections really aren't in order of interview then maybe I will be waiting until April lol. Congrats!

I also wonder if the order can be dictated by campus preference??? I selected prefer VT.
I don’t think so because campus isn’t taken into account until after.

I don’t think so because campus isn’t taken into account until after.
It’s also out of our hands now. You have no idea how they order them. So it’s betrer to just wait for a decision :)

Reactions: 1 users
Man this is frustrating as an in-stater :( Interviewed early Fall and have heard nothing but a "strongly interested email" back in Dec. Meanwhile, they're accepting people who interviewed in Feb haha. Obviously, yall's acceptances are well deserved but the waiting is brutal on this end haha.

I wonder when more waitlisters will hear ;( been sitting on my hands since November

Man this is frustrating as an in-stater :( Interviewed early Fall and have heard nothing but a "strongly interested email" back in Dec. Meanwhile, they're accepting people who interviewed in Feb haha. Obviously, yall's acceptances are well deserved but the waiting is brutal on this end haha.
you know whats weird? my instate school also waitlisted me.... only luck ive had so far is with OOS schools.... i wonder if this might be part of the strategy this year - lure OOS students first, because IS will join anyway? :))))

Members don't see this ad :)
Finally got the rejection email. Annoyed that it took this long. Also annoyed that I probably wasn't even considered for an II even though I have greater ties to the state than 90+% of applicants. Oh well at least I don't have an excuse to go back to Vermont lmao

Anybody else interview 1/9 and still haven't heard back yet? I liked this school most of any I interviewed at, and I got waitlisted at all the others so I've got a lot riding on it :/

Does UVM do a second look?

Has anyone heard anything about scholarships? (Apart from the two people that posted a LONG time ago about it)

Is this program receptive to Letters of Interest / Intent prior to interview decisions being made?

So who is still waiting to hear from January interviews ??

Posting this to contribute data for future years, but got an acceptance last Friday (sorry I'm late...). OOS 1/9 Interviewee. LM 74. VT Campus.

In other news, have any accepted applicants been sent an email for their Vermont OASIS account yet? I don't know if I should have seen one by now...

Posting this to contribute data for future years, but got an acceptance last Friday (sorry I'm late...). OOS 1/9 Interviewee. LM 74. VT Campus.

In other news, have any accepted applicants been sent an email for their Vermont OASIS account yet? I don't know if I should have seen one by now...
Not yet! Somewhere I read it occurs later in the Spring, though I did manage to get my UVM email up and running.

They really take their sweet time don't they...

Reactions: 4 users
Anybody from 1/18 still didn’t hear back? Also I forgot but we’re exams NBME or professor written at this school?

4 months ago but got the "strongly interested" email last month.
Oh man. Sorry to hear, hopefully in the next few weeks it'll turn to an A! Once traffic day comes around I'm sure there will be a huge increase in movement.

Oh man. Sorry to hear, hopefully in the next few weeks it'll turn to an A! Once traffic day comes around I'm sure there will be a huge increase in movement.
Thanks, I appreciate it. I really hope I don't have to wait for traffic day because technically I'm not on the WL yet but I'm sure they'll send that to me any day.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I really hope I don't have to wait for traffic day because technically I'm not on the WL yet but I'm sure they'll send that to me any day.
Same, I'm in-state and haven't heard a thing since getting the strongly interested email. Waitlist would be brutal at this point.....

Dear fellow applicants!
I decided to not accept the spot in 2023 class in University of Vermont, and i truly hope that it will go to one of you guys.

Good luck

i just wanted to clarify why i decided against Vermont, - it is an AMAZING school and my interview was definitely one of my favorites. The school also offers incredible opportunities int he field that i want to be at - pathology, and it is REALLY hard for me to let it go (for those who interviewed on Feb 8 - i was the "pathology girl") :))). That being said, i am at the stage in my life, when my relationships are very important, and i have to consider my loved ones. My fiance has too much invested in his career in DC, and it is unfair for me to ask him to drop everything he loves and move to Vermont with me. And a long distance relationship with DC-Vermont is also not the best option. Since i have other options, i decided that it is better for me to let Vermont go before I get too attached to it :). I wish that this spot will go to someone who REALLY wants it. The place is incredible, and this decision is not easy for me.
Best of luck to all of you,
Love.

Reactions: 8 users
I'm thinking we won't hear back this week, given that more focus is on matching today and Friday.

Does UVM do a second look?
yesss, towards the end of April. They sent an email out to people who have been accepted to the CT campus (assumed they sent it to all of us cause I got an email) asking if we would be willing to go to second look at CT or VT or both and said they would be sending out official invitations in the future as time gets closer

yesss, towards the end of April. They sent an email out to people who have been accepted to the CT campus (assumed they sent it to all of us cause I got an email) asking if we would be willing to go to second look at CT or VT or both and said they would be sending out official invitations in the future as time gets closer
Ok cool! Yeah I was accepted to VT campus so that makes sense. Thanks!

Months later, will this finally be the week?

I called this morning and they said we should hear in the next two weeks. I think we will hear this week.

Reactions: 3 users