2021-2022 Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also got the pre-II R

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
FYI: Tomorrow is the last interview date.

• Care
got the pre-II R today. Complete late july. OOS no ties

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Fingers crossed for tomorrow! Good luck everyone waiting to hear back

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Pre-II R a few days ago. Good luck to those still waiting for a decision!

Reactions: 1 user
She just got the email - first and only A!!!! We are all ugly-crying...

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do they send acceptances at the same time as a bunch or throughout the day?

First non-waitlist/rejection of the cycle!

Interviewed early January and happy to be accepted!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
I interviewed 12/14 should I be expecting to hear back today or do they skip people and not tell them anything like other schools?

I am so disheartened that I haven’t heard today. Interviewed Jan

• Care
When did you guys interview? Anyone who interviewed from late January to early February get a decision yet? I haven’t gotten the A or WL so I feel like I’m just waiting for the R xD

When did you guys interview? Anyone who interviewed from late January to early February get a decision yet? I haven’t gotten the A or WL so I feel like I’m just waiting for the R xD
Pretty sure most of the individuals receiving decisions interviewed December to early January. Average wait time for a decision seems to be at least 6 weeks.

Pretty sure most of the individuals receiving decisions interviewed December to early January. Average wait time for a decision seems to be at least 6 weeks.
Ahhhh okay, I thought this was the final decision wave haha

• Wow
I am so disheartened that I haven’t heard today. Interviewed Jan
Same, although I interviewed in Sept and got WL in Dec. I’m disheartened and frustrated that we have to wait another month (if what their admissions office said is true, that they only release decisions once per month)

• Care
Same, although I interviewed in Sept and got WL in Dec. I’m disheartened and frustrated that we have to wait another month (if what their admissions office said is true, that they only release decisions once per month)
It seems like they only do it once a month so yeah, we'll probably be waiting another month before any more As are released. That said, I wouldn't realistically expect substantial WL movement until april/may because of the traffic rules. I'm sorry you've had to wait so long - waiting is terrible

• Care
I feel you. Waitlisted since November. 😭

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I have been really struggling with this entire process and I was hoping it would finally be over and I could stop panicking constantly. I can’t imagine reapplying after how hard this year has been. Here’s to hoping we get in eventually

• Care
It seems like they only do it once a month so yeah, we'll probably be waiting another month before any more As are released. That said, I wouldn't realistically expect substantial WL movement until april/may because of the traffic rules. I'm sorry you've had to wait so long - waiting is terrible
Sorry, what does “traffic rules” mean in this context? Thanks for the support 🖤

I have been really struggling with this entire process and I was hoping it would finally be over and I could stop panicking constantly. I can’t imagine reapplying after how hard this year has been. Here’s to hoping we get in eventually
I feel you on this. Personally I’m not going to reapply, I can’t keep putting myself through this type of ****. It’s been a rough cycle and I’m sending you a virtual hug, if you’d like one 🖤

I feel the WL pain, I'm WL too-- but the email says we can hear anytime!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Sorry, what does “traffic rules” mean in this context? Thanks for the support 🖤
I just meant applicants aren't required to narrow down their acceptances to one until the end of april so that's when most applicants with multiple acceptances will be withdrawing acceptances from schools - creating vacancies to be filled from the waitlist. Sad truth that we all have to deal with now is that we have two more months of waiting or more probably

• Care
I feel you. Hang in there. It’s awful but makes me feel better that there are others out there going through what I am ❤️

• Care
I feel you. Hang in there. It’s awful but makes me feel better that there are others out there going through what I am ❤️
It is absolutely brutal. You too. ❤️❤️

• Care
Hi everyone,
I am commenting my data point because this community has been really helpful. My stats and ECs can be found in a WAMC post I made a year or so ago, not much has changed since then except some more volunteering!

Secondary submitted Late July
Interview Invite October for November Interview
Waitlisted February
Accepted off waitlist beginning of March for Connecticut Campus (I believe that they choose people off the waitlist to replace similar candidates who have left, so campus choice is likely a contributing factor to me getting off the waitlist.)

No Letters of interests or any updates sent, I got a speeding ticket, I forgot to send thank-you letters (it was a chaotic time for me lol), I think I'm a scorpio if that helps. LM 74, High Mcat, ORM (Asian), OOS (Cali)

Again, sdn community is mostly awesome and I really wish I discovered this during my undergraduate years. Good luck everyone, can't wait to see some of ya'll next year!
Edit: This comment reports March waitlist movement for Connecticut campus.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Hi everyone,
I am commenting my data point because this community has been really helpful. My stats and ECs can be found in a WAMC post I made a year or so ago, not much has changed since then except some more volunteering!

Secondary submitted Late July
Interview Invite October for November Interview
Waitlisted February
Accepted off waitlist beginning of March for Connecticut Campus (I believe that they choose people off the waitlist to replace similar candidates who have left, so campus choice is likely a contributing factor to me getting off the waitlist.)

No Letters of interests or any updates sent, I got a speeding ticket, I forgot to send thank-you letters (it was a chaotic time for me lol), I think I'm a scorpio if that helps. LM 74, High Mcat, ORM, OOS (Cali)

Again, sdn community is mostly awesome and I really wish I discovered this during my undergraduate years. Good luck everyone, can't wait to see some of ya'll next year!
Edit: This comment reports March waitlist movement for Connecticut campus.
Congratulations! What day were you taken off the waitlist?

Hey guys!

Current M1 here. With decisions coming in and the lucky few who have options regarding where to attend please DM me if you are considering UVM! I turned down several schools for UVM and I am more than happy to provide my extremely** positive experience at this school so far.

Reactions: 8 users
any waitlist movement recently? or anyone know when most waitlist movement for UVM typically occurs?

Has anyone received / does anyone know when financial aid packages are sent out?

Any insight on whether applicants w < 509 MCAT (and/or an LM lower than 68) have been admitted straightaway or are low stat applicants usually waitlisted post-interview?

Has anyone received / does anyone know when financial aid packages are sent out?
I scanned last year's thread and saw that many students received financial aid packages mid-April.

When is that deadline do you know
April 15 - Hold 3 As only - turns out upon further research this is a suggestion, not a requirement, to help WL'd students and schools get organized.

April 30 - Hold 1 A only. This is a requirement. Although under reasonable circumstances you could contact your schools and they may offer you an extension.

At all times you can stay on as many WLs as you like.

*Side note - I believe some schools have their own protocols/deadlines regarding that April 30th deadline, might be worth checking out.

Source: Application and Acceptance Protocols for Applicants

And helpful nuance on this thread: Urgent: APRIL 15th Deadline

Last edited:
  • Love