2020-2021 Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
300-400 waitlisted and 200 accepted off the waitlist. Although I'm not too sure if this is accurate since the class size is smaller than 200
It cant possibly be correct. Last year, not everyone made it off the High Priority Wait List which is like 50-80 people historically (and no longer exists)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone been pulled off the WL recently? Or are we just expecting a lot of movement starting in May?

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone been pulled off the WL recently? Or are we just expecting a lot of movement starting in May?
Going back through this thread, it seems like after the movement in feb/march there have not been any posts of people being pulled off the waitlist in april. Although maybe thekids that were pulled off in april just didn't post on SDN (that's always a possibility). But i think most of the wailtist movement happens after the april 30th deadline anyways. If you look at the 2019-2020 Vermont SDN thread, there's a whole bunch of people who posted getting off the waitlist on May 1st. However, since May 1st is a saturday, i suspect May 3rd might be the first day we see anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
Going back through this thread, it seems like after the movement in feb/march there have not been any posts of people being pulled off the waitlist in april. Although maybe thekids that were pulled off in april just didn't post on SDN (that's always a possibility). But i think most of the wailtist movement happens after the april 30th deadline anyways. If you look at the 2019-2020 Vermont SDN thread, there's a whole bunch of people who posted getting off the waitlist on May 1st. However, since May 1st is a saturday, i suspect May 3rd might be the first day we see anything.
Gotcha, thank you! I haven't seen WL movement (or at least posted on SDN) since February - but correct me I'm wrong! Wishing everyone in the same boat A's with the April 30th deadline fast approaching! This was my only MD interview this cycle, so praying that I get to meet all of you in July! 🤗

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Any recently admitted applicants still waiting on financial aid info (scholarships and loans)? I submitted my FAFSA long ago and the scholarship survey the same day I was accepted.

no aid.png

Empty like my wallet

just withdrew my A. Good luck to all of you on the WL!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Need to perform some sacrifices this weekend for all the luck in the world.

• Haha
Any recently admitted applicants still waiting on financial aid info (scholarships and loans)? I submitted my FAFSA long ago and the scholarship survey the same day I was accepted.
lol got my financial aid...all loans. looking forward to 360k+ debt lmao

• Care
Hey Everyone, I am not an applicant at UVM (nor do I know much about the medical school), but am from Vermont and have spent my whole life near Burlington. So, if any of you has questions about the area or about life in VT in general, please don't hesitate to ask! Best of luck to all of you!! 🙌

• Love
  • Care
Members don't see this ad :)
What do you mean?

I'm just slowly going through the matriculation requirements and working on filling the stuff out haha, looks like there's some fields there like orientation time etc? Not really sure what to fill in for those spots yet.

Thanks. Is life like this in Vermont? I just now saw this documentary? See 0.18 sec in this intro video. It’s about a Vermont couple.

I think they also show UVM or something in Burlington as well.

Hahaha actually yes, it can be, depending on where you are. There are many rural and quaint little villages and towns around the state that look like that. One beautiful place in the winter is the Von Trapp Family Lodge (yes, the same family featured in the Sound of Music) in Stowe (about 45 mins from Burlington). Also, if you want amazing ice cream like they're eating (we call them creemees), you should totally try a Maple creemee at Palmer Lane in Jericho, VT (about 30-35 mins from Burlington). Awesome stuff!

I am surprised you did not apply to UVM, even though you are from Burlington. Just curious why?
Nothing against the school at all! My wife is from a different part of the US and so I applied to places that are closer to her family. 😊 My sister graduated from UVM, though, and loved it!

I wish there was a way to tell if u would have been on the HPWL this year had they not removed it

Just withdrew my acceptance. Hopefully, it helps get someone off the waitlist soon. Good luck guys!!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
Withdrew my acceptance as well. Hopefully lots of WL movement for you all - best of luck!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
Just withdrew my A. Hopefully one of you gets it!

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Withdrew my A earlier today! Good luck to those on the waitlist!

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Sending positive ✨vibes✨ this weekend for those of us on the WL hoping to hear good news next week! Also, thanks to everyone who’s let the thread know about their withdrawal...much appreciated ;)

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
I'm definitely concerned that no one has reported any WL movement!

• Care
I'm definitely concerned that no one has reported any WL movement!
They all but promised a large amount of WL movement to most people, I think we should take it as good news that there's none at all yet, they probably just haven't started! Maybe the committee meets this week or something, who knows??

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Withdrew my A today! Good luck to you all!! :)

• Care
sent my letter of intent last week, hopeful to get off of WL

A today off waitlist, interviewed in Jan, OOS, had sent a letter of intent

• Love
  • Wow
Looks like I'm not in the initial wave as well. Hoping to keep the dream alive.

Interviewed 2/23, waitlisted 4/8. On interview day they said most people who interview should expect to be on the waitlist at some point so I'm trying my best to be hopeful. One of my colleagues was accepted to UVM this year and has been telling me that the accepted students group has had a lot of people withdrawing since 4/30. Wishing the best of luck to everyone else also waiting to hear back! We will persevere!!!!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Hahaha actually yes, it can be, depending on where you are. There are many rural and quaint little villages and towns around the state that look like that. One beautiful place in the winter is the Von Trapp Family Lodge (yes, the same family featured in the Sound of Music) in Stowe (about 45 mins from Burlington). Also, if you want amazing ice cream like they're eating (we call them creemees), you should totally try a Maple creemee at Palmer Lane in Jericho, VT (about 30-35 mins from Burlington). Awesome stuff!
And don't you even think about skipping out on the maple sprinkles at Palmers. Don't even consider it....

Interviewed 2/23, waitlisted 4/8. On interview day they said most people who interview should expect to be on the waitlist at some point so I'm trying my best to be hopeful. One of my colleagues was accepted to UVM this year and has been telling me that the accepted students group has had a lot of people withdrawing since 4/30. Wishing the best of luck to everyone else also waiting to hear back! We will persevere!!!!

I was accepted back in Feb and have been lurking in the groupme - I can confirm that plenty of people are withdrawing their As each day and people have slowly been trickling in (I'm assuming after getting off the WL). There haven't been any huge waves of people joining, but there is movement for sure. Keep your hopes up!

• Love
  • Care
can anyone share the GroupMe with me? I was accepted in Nov lol

YESSSSS!!! Maple sprinkles are where it's at!
For those who don't know...these aren't your everyday sprinkles. These are chunks of delicious maple that generously coat the outside of your delicious maple creemie

Just got accepted off the waitlist! Interviewed early September. 3.8/516, half URM, technically OOS, but have spent 95% of my life in Vermont.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users
Just got accepted off the waitlist! Interviewed early September. 3.8/516, half URM, technically OOS, but have spent 95% of my life in Vermont.
yay! CONGRATS! IT SEEMS. like they are going slowly through candidates instead of waves!

• Love
For those who don't know...these aren't your everyday sprinkles. These are chunks of delicious maple that generously coat the outside of your delicious maple creemie
100% truth. If any of you ends up at UVM, you must try this.

Congratulations future doctor!!! If you don't mind me asking, did you send a letter of intent? Again, congrats!!!

Congratulations future doctor!!! If you don't mind me asking, did you send a letter of intent? Again, congrats!!!
Thank you!!!! I really appreciate it. I did not send a letter of intent. I don't believe I sent any updates either.

Hi y'all I am looking for some advice: I am an IS applicant on the WL for the 2nd time. What are people's thoughts about calling admissions to ask about perceived IS WL movement? It is hard to gauge on here as I feel that most people are OOS. I did already send three letters/emails within the last few months. Thanks!!

Hi y'all I am looking for some advice: I am an IS applicant on the WL for the 2nd time. What are people's thoughts about calling admissions to ask about perceived IS WL movement? It is hard to gauge on here as I feel that most people are OOS. I did already send three letters/emails within the last few months. Thanks!!
At this point it can‘t hurt, but i thought they didn‘t want so many updates? You sent three so that might be the only drawback. Hope others can give more insight.