2020-2021 Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else on the WL who is in-state? I’ve only seen posts from OOS applicants getting in off the WL…

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah I’ve been on the WL since December 😅 realllly starting to lose my mind here…
Well yeah, they evaluate all IS applicants at the same time in December, so all IS applicants were either notified of acceptance or WL in December. I'm hoping maybe they're going through OOS WL first and then will move to IS WL??? Idk just trying to maintain hope while I work on submitting my third AMCAS

Well yeah, they evaluate all IS applicants at the same time in December, so all IS applicants were either notified of acceptance or WL in December. I'm hoping maybe they're going through OOS WL first and then will move to IS WL??? Idk just trying to maintain hope while I work on submitting my third AMCAS
Right right. Yeah I mean I suppose it would make sense to try and get the OOS students nailed down as early as possible so as to give them the most time to arrange moving here and stuff. But at the same time you would think they would still just do both groups in parallel. I’m fearful that there is no more IS space in the class. I hope you don’t have to do a third application cycle though! This is my first time and I can barely stomach the thought of doing it again.

Reactions: 1 users
I’m OOS on the waitlist. I can’t go through the process again so I’ll be putting down a deposit at a DO school if I don’t hear anything. Good luck everyone!

Not to distract here but, does anyone know if Vermont issues actual post-II R's? I feel like I've read a post or two in previous year threads confirming that they do, but I was wondering if anyone here has additional information about that (especially as it relates to the current cycle). Thanks friends.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any current students know if they are going to go back to graded preclinical next year?

Is anyone here a current student part of the CT campus? I'd really love to talk and hear about your experiences! Thank you :)

have there been any scholarship offers recently? is that over now?

Might be time to stop looking at this thread since acceptances might dried out D:

• Sad
Any current students know if they are going to go back to graded preclinical next year?
Current M3! I am not aware of any plans from admin to change the P/F pre-clinical curriculum. Clinical level curriculum has shifted from Honors/P/F to just P/F with more emphasis on written evals from preceptors (where they can state student functioned/performed at honors level) for class of 2022 and class of 2023. It is unclear if the changes to clinical level grading will persist for class of 2024 onward...still a TBD from my knowledge.

Reactions: 3 users
does anyone know how UVM feels about re-applicants? still on waitlist here but not too hopeful for this cycle anymore

Interviewed and WL'd at UVM this cycle and last. Not sure if they take past interviews into account but n=1
+1, though I am IS and I'm guaranteed an interview. I have heard of many IS students who have applied and been waitlisted 2-3 times before finally being accepted (took my dermatologist 4 tries, but now he's a dermatologist so that gives me hope)

Reactions: 2 users
Just got off the WL at another school so there's a chance I might be giving up my A here! Hope it goes to one of you :)

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
Alright everyone .. I have officially committed to another school due to a commit to enroll deadline today. Although Larner was my top choice, I had to withdraw my waitlist position today. Kinda grieving, but excited. Wanted to wish you guys the best of luck and excited to be your colleague one day! <3

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
Same. still waiting... preparing to submit for next cycle this weekend... =( i hate my life

• Care
does anyone know what the last day to commit is? i heard it was something like july 15?

I know one person who just deferred their acceptance

• Hmm
it seems like there is movement-but not a whole lot. Every once in awhile people leave the social media groups-only explanation would be going to another school

it seems like there is movement-but not a whole lot. Every once in awhile people leave the social media groups-only explanation would be going to another school
Social media is not a barometer there were so many people in my GroupMe they had to make a new one. Upperclassmen are in it for sure

For anybody who's still waitlisted (like me), I emailed admissions to ask about waitlist movement and was told that it will pretty much stop on July 20th with 1-2 exceptions after that date. And it remains open until the start of orientation. Good luck to everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Hi friends. Just dropped my spot and wishing the best for one of you deserving folks to take it and run with it!!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
if they're most likely letting us know by the 20th, i wonder if they're deliberating over the weekend as well....can't help but wonder

• Sad