2018-2019 University of Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
does anyone know if they are still sending out interview invitations?
tomorrow is the last day of interviews according to the admissions office

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know when the adcom is meeting next?

Reactions: 1 users
I have a broad question that someone may be able to answer here if they’ve been in this spot before. I am waitlisted at UVM and possibly at another US school (still waiting to hear back post-interview) but am accepted to one carribean school. If I don’t hear back from the waitlist on or before the April 30 deadline, I was wondering how to proceed. I obviously will want to wait out my US waitlist options after April 30, but going to the Caribbean school is a real possibility at this point and I’m not sure if I’m allowed to keep all three options open until I hear from the waitlists. Does this make sense?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a broad question that someone may be able to answer here if they’ve been in this spot before. I am waitlisted at UVM and possibly at another US school (still waiting to hear back post-interview) but am accepted to one carribean school. If I don’t hear back from the waitlist on or before the April 30 deadline, I was wondering how to proceed. I obviously will want to wait out my US waitlist options after April 30, but going to the Caribbean school is a real possibility at this point and I’m not sure if I’m allowed to keep all three options open until I hear from the waitlists. Does this make sense?
You are allowed to stay on waitlists up to matriculation date . It is only the acceptances that you are required to drop to 1

It is ultimately your decision but I would strongly advise against going to Carribean schools. You're better off re-applying to US MD/DO schools than going that route (especially since you've been qualified enough to receive IIs). Here's why:

Reactions: 7 users
You are allowed to stay on waitlists up to matriculation date . It is only the acceptances that you are required to drop to 1
So I can hold out on my carribean acceptance post-4/30 to wait until my waitlist options come through?

So I can hold out on my carribean acceptance post-4/30 to wait until my waitlist options come through?
Of course ! But once you get accepted to one of your waitlists places you will have to drop Caribbean or that school , because you can hold only one acceptance after April 30

Has anyone who has been admitted recently (i.e. Early February) received a hard copy letter or just the email/portal update?

Has anyone who has been admitted recently (i.e. Early February) received a hard copy letter or just the email/portal update?
just the email/portal update
do they usually send a hard copy?

Does anyone who interviewed on Jan. 18th have any idea of when decisions will be out/when adcom is meeting next?

Does anyone know what the average step 1 scores for the past couple of years are?

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe I have read in this thread that UV is done interviewing. Do they silent reject then or should i expect an email?

Is UVM's portal down for anyone else? Probably wishful thinking but maybe they're updating decisions and took the site down.

Can any current students comment on how they like the unique curriculum here? Also, how does the curriculum cater to Step preparation? Are exams Step style questions?
Also, how are the research opportunities? (I would primarily do clinical)

FYI I talked to one of the people on admissions yesterday and she informed me the last interview was on Feb 15th :/

Just got what I think is the mass R email! Speeding tickets & CASPer, a deadly combination.

Reactions: 3 users
somehow I still haven't gotten an R, why are they playing me like this I know it's game over

Reactions: 4 users
Also haven't gotten an official R but admissions said Feb 15th was their last interview day

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone know when we're supposed to receive the email asking us to select a campus preference post-interview? I interviewed on February 15.

I interviewed the same day and got the email last week Tuesday, 2/19. May be good to check your spam box and if not there give the school a call.

Anyone know when we're supposed to receive the email asking us to select a campus preference post-interview? I interviewed on February 15.
I interviewed the week before you and got email the next business day . DEFINITELY call them ASAP

I interviewed the same day and got the email last week Tuesday, 2/19. May be good to check your spam box and if not there give the school a call.
any idea when feb interviews might hear back?

ACCEPTED BY EMAIL! Interviewed 1/18, this is my top choice! (OOS, VT campus)

Last edited:
So, just to clarify, have there been any in-state acceptances?
Or just strong interest/waitlist?