2016-2017 University of Chicago (Pritzker) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I hope us lowly low 70 LizzyM's get some love too ;)

Tbh I wish we could all go to every med school.. So many different things I like about every school I applied to haha

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Still waiting on my school's committee letter that should have been done weeks ago ugh

Reactions: 3 users
I have a LizzyM of 76.7, but I haven't gotten one yet. I'm hoping for an interview though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected..

512: 127/130/125/130
sGPA: 3.89
cGPA: 3.85

Damn Pritzker, you harsh...

Reactions: 1 user
Rejected..

512: 127/130/125/130
sGPA: 3.89
cGPA: 3.85

Damn Pritzker, you harsh...
Jesus already? Pritzker gets the award for fastest turn around time for II and rejections. Looks like I wont be throwing in an app here.

When did you submit your secondary? OMG I'm scared.

June 27th. Don't know what time, but I pre-wrote the essays and turned it in ASAP.

I didn't do my undergrad in a top tier school, and most of my science prereqs came from comm. college. You guys might have better luck though.

Members don't see this ad :)
June 27th. Don't know what time, but I pre-wrote the essays and turned it in ASAP.

I didn't do my undergrad in a top tier school, and most of my science prereqs came from comm. college. You guys might have better luck though.
Do you know if they screen for sub scores on the MCAT?

damn... I have everything prewritten but my committee letter isn't in so im just revising at this stage... hoping my 74's good enough

Last edited:
On the "Judicial History" question, do I include a alcohol violation in the dorms that I already disclosed and discussed on the primary? If so, should I just repeat what I said there?

On the "Judicial History" question, do I include a alcohol violation in the dorms that I already disclosed and discussed on the primary? If so, should I just repeat what I said there?

I would. Always cover your ass and better to be safe than sorry.

hi all!

this may be a silly question, but when registering for the secondary, they ask you to put in a phonetic spelling of your name. should i be using the phonetic alphabet or is something like below acceptable?

ex) if my name were kait, would i write: "k-ay-t"

thanks!

hi all!

this may be a silly question, but when registering for the secondary, they ask you to put in a phonetic spelling of your name. should i be using the phonetic alphabet or is something like below acceptable?

thanks!
Lol I don't have an answer to your question but my name is a name such as Matt and I literally just typed my name again because someone who can't pronounce Matt shouldn't be someone reading my application

Got the secondary app today but I just submitted my primary on Friday so I'm not verified yet. Is it okay to submit the secondary here before they receive the primary?

Got the secondary app today but I just submitted my primary on Friday so I'm not verified yet. Is it okay to submit the secondary here before they receive the primary?
Yup. If you've invited to do it, do it.

II on 6/30 but didn't see it until this morning because autofill changed the email I typed in lol whoops. LizzyM ~76 secondary completed 6/27

Did those of you with IIs write anything in the additional comments section? Trying to decide whether to submit today or write a Why Pritzker essay.

Did those of you with IIs write anything in the additional comments section? Trying to decide whether to submit today or write a Why Pritzker essay.

I didn't. It probably doesn't make a huge difference either way. I feel like in most cases if something is important enough to sway their decision it's probably already on your application

hi all!

thanks!
I would've just put "KATE" lol.

How long does it take for the secondary payment to go through? I paid the fee Monday night and it still hasn't updated. I received the email confirmation of payment as soon as I paid too.

Edit: Takes around 36 hours.

Last edited:
II!! completed July 1st

II from here, not that it means too much I suppose. App just got verified, goodluck to all here! Donno about all of y'all but applying to medical school still seems like half a dream.

Congrats all!! Is there anyone who's received an II whose letters aren't in?

I think there is some confusion in this thread. II = interview invite, not secondary. The way some folks are talking makes me think II is being used as secondary.

Reactions: 1 users
I think there is some confusion in this thread. II = interview invite, not secondary. The way some folks are talking makes me think II is being used as secondary.

How did II come to mean interview invite, anyway? It makes much more sense for "secondary" (as in, the number II)...

How did II come to mean interview invite, anyway? It makes much more sense for "secondary" (as in, the number II)...
maybe Interview Invite? my friends and I have been trying to figure this out too lol

maybe Interview Invite? my friends and I have been trying to figure this out too lol
I always took it as I.I. = Interview Invite

Ya Roman numerals arent used here. II = Interview Invite; IA = Interview Attended (not to be confused with Institutional Action). Secondary can just be called 2nd

Acronyms are confusing i know :p

Got my rejection today. LizzieM of 76.7