2016-2017 Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I will!! I just don't know if I want to call bc I've called so many times I bet they're tired of me

Use a different phone number and ask your friend to ask your question lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I tried to have my girlfriend call up there to check on the status of their applications, but they asked for her TMDSAS ID or last name; so they could be keeping track of who calls and the amount of calls made. I may be too paranoid though lol.

I tried to have my girlfriend call up there to check on the status of their applications, but they asked for her TMDSAS ID or last name; so they could be keeping track of who calls and the amount of calls made. I may be too paranoid though lol.
oh my gosh hahaha thats not why they needed your TMDSAS. They need it to check and see if you have been reviewed! I called earlier and was super vague because I recognized the girl on the other end of the line :p they said they're still sending out pre matches on a rolling admissions basis, which helps me none because I already knew that

Reactions: 1 user
oh my gosh hahaha thats not why they needed your TMDSAS. They need it to check and see if you have been reviewed! I called earlier and was super vague because I recognized the girl on the other end of the line :p they said they're still sending out pre matches on a rolling admissions basis, which helps me none because I already knew that
Yeah...that does not help that much lol. It would have been great if she could have told you the interview dates they were reviewing!

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone go to the Capital Pizza thing before the interview? And if so, how was it and if you're flying into Lubbock, how did you get there? Did you just rent a car? I'm planning on staying with a student host, so I'm trying to figure out if I should rent a car.

Did anyone go to the Capital Pizza thing before the interview? And if so, how was it and if you're flying into Lubbock, how did you get there? Did you just rent a car? I'm planning on staying with a student host, so I'm trying to figure out if I should rent a car.
you should def uber its a small city and pretty cheap

Reactions: 2 users
you should def uber its a small city and pretty cheap

So did you uber to wherever you were staying from the airport, and then uber to the med school? Also, did you go to the pizza thing?

So did you uber to wherever you were staying from the airport, and then uber to the med school? Also, did you go to the pizza thing?
yea i ubered to my hotel from the airport and then to the interview. then they offer a shuttle to the airport from the school. i didnt go to the pizza thing. everything is like 10 min away from each other

Man, I guess that means Texas Tech has rejected me pre-interview, 2 weeks out from the next possible interview. Plz Plz Plz Plz Plz . . . . . More Plz Plz Plz

Wow. II this morning. Stunned and incredibly pleased.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

Reactions: 4 users
Just got a II!! Super excited!!

Members don't see this ad :)
LizzyM 68.7, very strong LORs, lots of extracurriculars, research, etc... good luck!

!!! Lucky Congratz guys, :D I'm going to pray extra hard tonight then :D

Do we know if they are going to send out any more prematches?

Called yesterday. The committee is meeting Thursday, and then one more time before the end of December. I suspect they will have two more acceptance days this month. Good luck to all others still waiting, and to those of you with finals this week.

Reactions: 4 users
Called yesterday. The committee is meeting Thursday, and then one more time before the end of December. I suspect they will have two more acceptance days this month. Good luck to all others still waiting, and to those of you with finals this week.

is the second time they are meeting going to be after the 16th? im asking cuz my interview is on that day (next friday) so i want to see if i could potentially hear back before the end of the month potentially.

is the second time they are meeting going to be after the 16th? im asking cuz my interview is on that day (next friday) so i want to see if i could potentially hear back before the end of the month potentially.
There's lots of "potential" in there lol

Hi everyone, I have my MPH phone interview tomorrow for the MD/MPH program. I've already been accepted to the MD program, I just didn't decide to do MD/MPH until after I interview. Anyone phone interview/interview in person and have any tips? Not sure what it will be like since it is a phone interview!

Hi everyone, I have my MPH phone interview tomorrow for the MD/MPH program. I've already been accepted to the MD program, I just didn't decide to do MD/MPH until after I interview. Anyone phone interview/interview in person and have any tips? Not sure what it will be like since it is a phone interview!

What exactly is the MPH program?

Anyone else think we may hear about pre-matches tomorrow?

Is there something significant about tomorrow?

We haven't heard anything about more pre-matches and it is one of the last Thursdays the committee meets before they go on break. Granted, that's assuming anymore acceptances are going out before Feb 1. It's just a feeling I guess haha.

Reactions: 2 users
Is there still hope for OOS acceptances?? I interviewed in October and love it here. I really wanted to find out before the end of the year

Is there still hope for OOS acceptances?? I interviewed in October and love it here. I really wanted to find out before the end of the year
They definitely arent done accepting yet. There were a handful of OOSers in my interview (last week).

So I called today because the school hasn't shown up on my TMDSAS yet. They told me that my file hasn't been reviewed by the committee yet and also that they are due to meet again this coming Tuesday. So there's still hope for people who interviewed recently getting a prematch before Dec 31st! Fingers crossed!!!

So I called today because the school hasn't shown up on my TMDSAS yet. They told me that my file hasn't been reviewed by the committee yet and also that they are due to meet again this coming Tuesday. So there's still hope for people who interviewed recently getting a prematch before Dec 31st! Fingers crossed!!!
Did they specifically say that they will be sending out more pre-matches? Sorry, but I check my email multiple times every day in hopes of a pre-match lol. If I know we won't be hearing back from this school until Match Day, then I can relax... for now lol

congratulations to everyone who's received a prematch/interview. to those still waiting, keep the faith, the season is far from over.

i'm a 4th year and happy to answer any questions in PM or here.

Did they specifically say that they will be sending out more pre-matches? Sorry, but I check my email multiple times every day in hopes of a pre-match lol. If I know we won't be hearing back from this school until Match Day, then I can relax... for now lol
They said that the prematch period is till Dec 31st. It also depends when you interviewed. I recently interviewed and they said that the committee hasn't reviewed my file post interview as of yet. Hence what I got out of the conversation is that there is hope for people who haven't been reviewed yet to get a prematch. That's what they told me. But hey, you can call and ask too.

Did anyone receive a scholarship offer with their acceptance? I haven't seen it mentioned and I know other schools offer them before we have to submit our rank list, I guess to incentivize a higher ranking. Does TTU offer scholarships before the match?

Did anyone receive a scholarship offer with their acceptance? I haven't seen it mentioned and I know other schools offer them before we have to submit our rank list, I guess to incentivize a higher ranking. Does TTU offer scholarships before the match?

I'm OOS and received a "Non Resident Scholarship" but haven't received many details about it.

I'm OOS and received a "Non Resident Scholarship" but haven't received many details about it.

I'm in the same boat. I emailed admissions about it and they said more info would be forthcoming later.

Hey guys, if everyone I spoke to at the interview thought theirs went well, what in the world goes into the decision making for picking amongst everyone that was offered an interview ?

Hey guys, if everyone I spoke to at the interview thought theirs went well, what in the world goes into the decision making for picking amongst everyone that was offered an interview ?

LizzyM has a really good analogy, that basically comes down to the interview mattering very little. Everyone is ranked prior to the interview on "stairs" based off of their academic, ECs, LOR, etc (basically whatever you put into TMDSAS). She said how the majority of people will never move up their stair, because most people have good interviews ( some have awful/extraordinary ones). So it comes down to reviewing the initial application to determine who gets in. Which is why people with higher LizzyMs have the advantage typically. Tbh, sometimes I wish we could do what some law schools do and have a skype interview, since it doesn't seem to matter much.

I think maybe ppl have different ideas of what a "good" interview is

If we have been accepted and are still in school, do we send a copy of our transcripts now, or do we wait until we have graduated and our degree has been granted? I just want to make sure I do this if I need to before the date on the offer page!

If we have been accepted and are still in school, do we send a copy of our transcripts now, or do we wait until we have graduated and our degree has been granted? I just want to make sure I do this if I need to before the date on the offer page!
Did You recently get accepted ?

I had called the admissions office about this and was told that the transcripts do not need to be sent before the date on the offer page. As long as you pay the $100 placement guarantee fee and sign the online pages by the deadline, you'll be set.

Are there any students on this thread with thoughts about their experience here? Trying to choose between my top top top choice and here, and quite a tough decision. I loved this school on interview day but the idea of spending four years in Lubbock really scares me lol.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile