2016-2017 Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any current students have recommendations on how to rank the different campuses? I'm not from Texas so I want to rank Lubbock first, but I realize that because I have no ties, I have less of a chance of getting in. The specialties I am interested in right now are Internal Medicine, Radiology, and Urology (all very different lol).

Reactions: 1 user
So called Tech the other day and asking about the WL. They said their class is over filled right now to around 210 and they're trying to get it down to around 180. They were saying that they probably won't be handing out acceptances until May-ish.

Members don't see this ad :)
So confused coz I called 4 days ago and they had said that they had a few withdrawals already and the admissions committee was going to meet later to decide who to hand out acceptances to.

The April 30th deadline applies to those who are holding a waitlist spot as well, correct? That is, I am currently holding an acceptance at a non-TMDSAS school while also being in the Tech alternate pool.

The April 30th deadline applies to those who are holding a waitlist spot as well, correct? That is, I am currently holding an acceptance at a non-TMDSAS school while also being in the Tech alternate pool.
Nope, only applies to those who currently hold more than one spot at TMDSAS schools. Those who are on waitlists with an acceptance to any school (AMCAS/TMDSAS) will be on said waitlists until the end of May. From June until classes start the only acceptances that are given will be to those with no prior acceptances.

Hi folks, does anyone know if TTU accepts update letters/letters of interest at this point? Thanks!

@JPFC I think they stopped taking letters of intent back in December, that is what they told me anyway.

Dumb Question, but did anyone else get an email from Tech reminding them about the deadline to hold multiple acceptances despite only getting into Tech?

Dumb Question, but did anyone else get an email from Tech reminding them about the deadline to hold multiple acceptances despite only getting into Tech?
I did as well, I'm assuming they just send it to everyone

Heard of no movement from schools thus far. Guess there's gonna be little-to-no waitlist movement for all Texas schools in general this year.

Heard of no movement from schools thus far. Guess there's gonna be little-to-no waitlist movement for all Texas schools in general this year.
The drop deadline hasn't even passed yet, hold your horses partner.

Members don't see this ad :)
The drop deadline hasn't even passed yet, hold your horses partner.
I am aware but judging from the past couple of years threads at least a couple offers had gone out by the end of April.

If I get into my number #1 choice, then I will be withdrawing from Tech. So help us all!

I emailed them last week and withdrew my acceptance, however, they haven't responded or notified me that it's "official" (if they even do that). So hopefully one of you guys will get my spot! I wonder if I should call to make sure they received my email?

I emailed them last week and withdrew my acceptance, however, they haven't responded or notified me that it's "official" (if they even do that). So hopefully one of you guys will get my spot! I wonder if I should call to make sure they received my email?
First off thank you for being proactive. The office gets busy sometimes. When did you email them? I would call to make sure they got it and to confirm with them that they know you are withdrawing.

Not sure why they over accepted this cycle considering their class size is 180. After reading last year's thread, people started hearing in May early to mid month, soon after there were some reported withdrawals. The school had extended 5 offers by May 14th.

This cycle however, they haven't extended any yet, and from the sounds of it, doesn't look like they are going to go to the alternate pool for a while. At least not until they are well below their intended class size. God Help us all!

Withdrew the other day. Good luck everyone!

I called sometime last week and they said the class is still overfilled and they haven't even looked at the alternate list yet.

Does anyone know how much the class is overfilled? I forgot to ask haha.

Does anyone know if all Texas schools overmatch like TTUHSC? I thought the TMDSAS match was supposed to fill each medical school with the proper class size.

Does anyone know if all Texas schools overmatch like TTUHSC? I thought the TMDSAS match was supposed to fill each medical school with the proper class size.
I've been trying to figure out the same thing.

Any current students have recommendations on how to rank the different campuses? I'm not from Texas so I want to rank Lubbock first, but I realize that because I have no ties, I have less of a chance of getting in. The specialties I am interested in right now are Internal Medicine, Radiology, and Urology (all very different lol).
I can give you some advice on this, but I know it's been a while since you posted, and I don't know what the deadline to return everything was/is. If you still haven't done it and want to know more, just reply to this post.

Im not sure about all the schools and all years but I know A&M had issues in 2010. My friend started that fall and they were overfilled by quite a bit. It got so bad they were trying to give benefits to students to defer for a year. I assumed that would have scared all the schools in Texas to go the other way on filling but I maybe not.

Can someone call and ask admissions about the current status of the waitlist? I feel like I've called them too many times lol

I called today and they said they are still overfilled. They are predicting in two weeks that they MAY start looking at the alternate list, just letting y'all know!

I called today and they said they will most likely start looking at the alternate list this month.

Got the email today!! Accepted off of the waitlist. I'm an OOS.

Reactions: 2 users