2016-2017 Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II just now

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone from the 10/28 or later interviews heard any news? That way we can gauge where they are at in their review of our applications.

Has anyone from the 10/28 or later interviews heard any news? That way we can gauge where they are at in their review of our applications.
I think someone who interviewed on 10/28 received a pre-match (posted somewhere in this thread). So I think they started reviewing some applicants from 10/28, but not all.

[nQUOTE="DocEllen, post: 18325867, member: 632431"]I think someone who interviewed on 10/28 received a pre-match (posted somewhere in this thread). So I think they started reviewing some applicants from 10/28, but not all.[/QUOTE]
Any idea where they are on sending interview invites vs app completion dates?

I think someone who interviewed on 10/28 received a pre-match (posted somewhere in this thread). So I think they started reviewing some applicants from 10/28, but not all.
This is what I gathered from talking to admissions. I was on 10/28 and I have not been reviewed yet. Committee meets this Tuesday for those that are wondering!

Reactions: 1 users
[nQUOTE="DocEllen, post: 18325867, member: 632431"]I think someone who interviewed on 10/28 received a pre-match (posted somewhere in this thread). So I think they started reviewing some applicants from 10/28, but not all.

Any idea where they are on sending interview invites vs app completion dates?

Hi, I recently received an II and my application was complete 8/12 (as per date on secondary portal). I don't know if they're going by date though at this time. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think at this point in the cycle, many schools are cycling through all the apps again and filling remaining spots.

II!!!!! Was not expecting this whatsoever! Thought my cycle was over, and just now got 2 TX IIs.
Question though: Are December IIs here normally for the waitlist, or do people get accepted? Trying to figure out if I should spend the money flying out lol

Reactions: 3 users
II!!!!! Was not expecting this whatsoever! Thought my cycle was over, and just now got 2 TX IIs.
Question though: Are December IIs here normally for the waitlist, or do people get accepted? Trying to figure out if I should spend the money flying out lol
Just now got 2?! As in two today??? Throw some of that luck my way lol

Members don't see this ad :)
i think its worth it if you havent prematched at a school you really like.

i think its worth it if you havent prematched at a school you really like.

I haven't pre-matched yet- but got an OOS acceptance. I was just curious if December interviews are normally waitlisted? I know UTSW does this.

I haven't pre-matched yet- but got an OOS acceptance. I was just curious if December interviews are normally waitlisted? I know UTSW does this.

I've heard of ppl getting into Tech off the waitlist. I met a few students who also interviewed December and got in

I've heard of ppl getting into Tech off the waitlist. I met a few students who also interviewed December and got in
Okay great haha. I know some schools do late interviews for the sole purpose of the waitlist, so good to know Tech is not like that!

Okay great haha. I know some schools do late interviews for the sole purpose of the waitlist, so good to know Tech is not like that!
What's schools do this aside from UTSW? Not that southwestern is gonna send me an invite any time in this lifetime lol

What's schools do this aside from UTSW? Not that southwestern is gonna send me an invite any time in this lifetime lol

OOS schools lol. A current student at Cornell told us that they have waitlist interviews (although AMCAS has a later cycle, so December IIs wouldn't be considered late). I think she was trying to make us feel better because we were nervous and she was like "But you're interviewing early!". Didn't really calm me down though lol.

And yeah Southwestern's never hitting me up either lol

OOS schools lol. A current student at Cornell told us that they have waitlist interviews (although AMCAS has a later cycle, so December IIs wouldn't be considered late). I think she was trying to make us feel better because we were nervous and she was like "But you're interviewing early!". Didn't really calm me down though lol.

And yeah Southwestern's never hitting me up either lol
Oh god, now I'm gonna be insecure if I get any interviews in December.. great lol I guess a waitlist is somewhat better than a rejection!

Oh god, now I'm gonna be insecure if I get any interviews in December.. great lol I guess a waitlist is somewhat better than a rejection!

I know A&M always has people who interviewed in Dec that match, so here's to hoping that only Southwestern does this in TX!! I'm concerned about flying from the Northeast though bc of snow conditions. Ahhh living OOS is stressful af.

i think that is the case if your an OOS but im not completely sure

I got accepted today!!! Total surprise! I'm an OOS applicant, 518 MCAT, 3.7 GPA, well-rounded extra curriculars... The reason I'm so surprised is because I interviewed on Friday! (11/18)

Reactions: 6 users
I also received an acceptance email this evening, OOS, also interviewed on Friday (11/18)! In utter shock...

@MD2be:) I can't believe we heard back so quickly but I'm so happy!!

Reactions: 4 users
OMG!! OPENED MY EMAIL TODAY AND GOT AN EMAIL FROM HERE!!

Thought it was an acceptance...just a survey regarding interview day. Whata a buzzkill haha

Reactions: 2 users
I also received an acceptance email this evening, OOS, also interviewed on Friday (11/18)! In utter shock...

@MD2be:) I can't believe we heard back so quickly but I'm so happy!!

Yeah I think the committee meets on Tuesdays. So that was best case scenario. Congratulations!

For OOS students who got the scholarship, did you guys get the code needed to set up an eraider account and fill out the acknowledgement form?

Last edited:
It seems only OOS were notified yesterday, any news from IS who interviewed on 10/28 or later?

I got 3 emails regarding a survey lol

For OOS students who got the scholarship, did you guys get the code needed to set up an eraider account and fill out the acknowledgement form?

No, I did not. I was going to email them after Thanksgiving if I hadn't heard back. Just to clarify with OOS who have been accepted, if we get the 1k scholarship, then we have automatically gotten IS tuition, correct?

I got accepted back in October and haven't gotten anything about the eraider account and acknowledgement form for the scholarship. I just assumed that was something they would send out in the spring

No, I did not. I was going to email them after Thanksgiving if I hadn't heard back. Just to clarify with OOS who have been accepted, if we get the 1k scholarship, then we have automatically gotten IS tuition, correct?

I got accepted back in October and haven't gotten anything about the eraider account and acknowledgement form for the scholarship. I just assumed that was something they would send out in the spring

Alright good to know I'm not the only one.

Just to clarify with OOS who have been accepted, if we get the 1k scholarship, then we have automatically gotten IS tuition, correct?

OMG!! OPENED MY EMAIL TODAY AND GOT AN EMAIL FROM HERE!!

Thought it was an acceptance...just a survey regarding interview day. Whata a buzzkill haha

Lol, I hope you hear about an acceptance soon! Just curious, did you interview on Nov. 18 or before then?

I also got accepted in October. I contacted admissions asking if I should try to set up an account and they said for me to just hang tight. Something about they were trying to get everyone in the system and would send out more information when they were ready. They did say to go ahead and accept the scholarship and send the thank you letter though.

Just to clarify with OOS who have been accepted, if we get the 1k scholarship, then we have automatically gotten IS tuition, correct?
Based on what current OOS med students told me on interview day, I believe so. I hope so anyway!

For those OOS and those accepted on 10/17 IS (special programs), has any of you received a letter via snail mail? I haven't gotten anything yet, and I'm worried.

For those OOS and those accepted on 10/17 IS (special programs), has any of you received a letter via snail mail? I haven't gotten anything yet, and I'm worried.

I called them and they said that as long as you sign the documents on the portal and pay the 100$ you should be fine? I think at least... Paranoia at work now hahaha

Apparently they don't send out snail mail letters

Don't lose hope guys! Just got an II at 8pm on a Sunday! wohoooooo lets go!!!! :)

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone heard of any more prematches being sent out? I know some out of state people got accepted last Tuesday, but I haven't head anything about any more prematches. I'm thinking about calling admissions today and seeing if/when they will send out more prematches.

Has anyone heard of any more prematches being sent out? I know some out of state people got accepted last Tuesday, but I haven't head anything about any more prematches. I'm thinking about calling admissions today and seeing if/when they will send out more prematches.
When you call the admissions office, could you relay the information back on here?

When you call the admissions office, could you relay the information back on here?
I will!! I just don't know if I want to call bc I've called so many times I bet they're tired of me