2016-2017 Quinnipiac University (Netter) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II!!!! just now!!!! God is great!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
II!!!! just now!!!! God is great!!!

Congrats! And FYI for anyone trying to schedule right now. They only make the next three available dates visible. But if they don't work for you (due to other II), simply book a date first then call their office and they can reschedule you for a date that's later on.

They emailed me this morning telling me that was their process for rescheduling.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats! And FYI for anyone trying to schedule right now. They only make the next three available dates visible. But if they don't work for you (due to other II), simply book a date first then call their office and they can reschedule you for a date that's later on.

They emailed me this morning telling me that was their process for rescheduling.

Thank you for the advice!! I was wondering why I saw few interview slots-- thankfully i'll be in the area for another interview so this weirdly all worked out!!

Members don't see this ad :)
i submitted july 4, havent heard, I have a 513 mcat, 3.6 gpa from IVY, why doesnt anyone like me???????

i submitted july 4, havent heard, I have a 513 mcat, 3.6 gpa from IVY, why doesnt anyone like me???????
You're bound to get some IIs soon! Trust me this is a crazy process-- and a few weeks ago I felt similarly. You just have to be patient, and limit the amount of email refreshing that I pretty much am guilty of doing.

i recheck my email and this app like 1000 times a day

Reactions: 6 users
See. Everything is gonna be alright. Congratulations!!!

Also I love your profile picture.
I know, I feel like an idiot now after my Tulane post hahaha.

Glad you appreciate the beauty of Leslie Knope

I know, I feel like an idiot now after my Tulane post hahaha.

Glad you appreciate the beauty of Leslie Knope

Anyone who doesn't shouldn't be trusted.

Don't feel bad! Your feelings are completely understandable. This process is brutal.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II as well! Anyone know if Quinnipiac offers a student-host program for interview day?

It's like an SDN requirement to post your complete date when one gets an II. Whhyyyyy doesn't 75% of the people on these threads understand this???

Oh, and congrats to all the IIs. :)

Reactions: 3 users
II this morning. Non-trad, OOS, LizzyM ~73, submitted 7/9, marked complete 7/19.

Reactions: 2 users
Went to workout yesterday morning and was partnered with a girl that is an M2 at Quinnipiac. Fate? Yes. Expecting an interview now! PLEASE :nod:

II! I think I submitted around 7/7

Did those who are getting II's have everything else in, such as LOR, when you say your submission dates? I submitted mine the day I received my secondary, but the letters didn't get sent out until later

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Did those who are getting II's have everything else in, such as LOR, when you say your submission dates? I submitted mine the day I received my secondary, but the letters didn't get sent out until later

As in, my application was complete on 7/14. LORs, AMCAs, MCAT scores, everything.

Got my first II here this afternoon :) I was so worried....such a relief

OOS, 514, 3.65

Did you guys receive "complete" emails?? I just received one that acknowledged my secondary submission

On the portal is the last status before receiving an II "Your application is ready"?

Or is there another status that comes after it such as "You are now under screening process." Thanks!

On the portal is the last status before receiving an II "Your application is ready"?

Or is there another status that comes after it such as "You are now under screening process." Thanks!

"Your application is ready" was my most recent status before II.

For the specialty essay, are we allowed to say anything other than primary care? Are there any previously accepted students who put something other than primary care?

Interviewing this Monday, was complete sometime in early July.

Primary completed 7/6
Secondary submitted 7/13
Interview scheduled for 9/26!
OOS from California, pretty nervous for my first interview haha

It's relaxed. Be yourself. Be ready to talk about anything on your application or you as a person. When I did it they had two interviewers, 45min each.

@DrFizition Would you say that the interview is pretty free-form? (Flowing like a conversation, rather than interviewers asking set questions?) Do you know if the interviewers will have read my application? Anything significant to watch out for?

Last edited:
Primary completed 7/6
II submitted 7/13

@DrFizition Would you say that the interview is pretty free-form? (Flowing like a conversation, rather than interviewers asking set questions?) Do you know if the interviewers will have read my application? Anything significant to watch out for?

Yes it is pretty free form. They have read your application. They may also have questions to ask you, and they will. But you will have conversations with your interviewer and they are all pretty fun to talk to. You'll enjoy it.

Primary completed 7/6
II submitted 7/13

Congrats!

Btw, II stands for Interview Invite, not the secondary. :)

I have my interview this coming Friday....any tips on how to prepare?

For anyone who already attended an interview, can you please provide some feedback or what to expect?

I'd also appreciate any advice about travel information, as I'm flying in from California.
Which airport should I fly to, JFK or Bradley? What's the easiest method of getting to QU, the Amtrak, or a car rental? (I hear there's also a shuttle)
Does interview day end around 5pm?

@DrFizition :)

Last edited:
I'd also appreciate any advise about travel information, as I'm flying in from California.
Which airport should I fly to, JFK or Bradley? What's the easiest method of getting to QU, the Amtrak, or a car rental? (I hear there's also a shuttle)
Does interview day end around 5pm?

@DrFizition :)

Bradley is closer and only like half an hour away from the campus. As for easiest transportation, I'm not sure what is the best. What you can do is call up admissions and ask them, they're incredibly friendly. But many have used Uber.